Incredible Member

Default Earth-1610 (Ultimate Marvel) Appreciation 2021

Ultimate Marvel 1.jpg

This Universe has had it's ups and downs, but you can't deny that the Ultimate Marvel universe is an interesting take on the Marvel Universe; corporations fighting over making Super-Soldiers, Mutation being a bi-product of Weapon X experimentation, and diverted takes from the likes of Spider-Man and Reed Richards.

We haven't seen much of this universe since Secret Wars, though we've seen certain characters appear in Earth 616. Should this Universe return, what characters would you wanna see return, and what story-lines would you want to see?

Extraordinary Member

I miss Ultimate Jessica Drew.

Don’t miss: Tyrone Cash.

Having a black Hulk is a nice idea. Even one in the style of Joe Fixit, but come on!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Will Evans; 03-03-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Don’t miss: Tyrone Cash.

Having a black Hulk is a nice idea. Even one in the style of Joe Fixit, but come on!!!!!!!!
    Couldn't agree more about Tyrone; his backstory was interesting, but his character and motivation was shallow as heck!!!

Astonishing Member

I have a lot of nostalgia for the Ultimate Universe, especially the early days. The earliest Spider-Man comics I read were the first few arcs of USM.

Let's not forget that the Ultimate Universe heavily inspired the MCU, particularly Phase 1. Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury. SHIELD forming the Avengers. Tony Stark's personality. Hulk's origin being tied to the Super Soldier serum. The Chitauri.

I've always thought Ultimate Cap was a badass. Loved seeing an updated version of his story of coming to grips with his new reality. Not to mention he seemed a lot more powerful than 616 Cap.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed Ultimate Falcon. He was smart, a soldier, and pretty much the coolest guy that Ultimate Cap knew.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed how the Ultimate universe honed in on the idea of super soldiers as the new WMD. It was a neat fictional companion to the sociopolitical climate at the time. The distillation of characters like Spider-man, FF and X-Men really worked for me too.

Me too. Ultimate Spider-Woman (1610) is an all-time favorite...

Another favorite I miss are the Bombshells (Lana & Lori Baumgartner):

Extraordinary Member

The Bombshells are still around though

The Bombshells are still around though
    Mom is still a villain and Lana is in Champions.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I miss Ultimate Tony. It was such a fun universe. I also miss Warren Ellis writing Ultimate Tony. The Ultimates are still around last I heard so there is hope.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I've always thought Ultimate Cap was a badass. Loved seeing an updated version of his story of coming to grips with his new reality. Not to mention he seemed a lot more powerful than 616 Cap.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed Ultimate Falcon. He was smart, a soldier, and pretty much the coolest guy that Ultimate Cap knew.
    I'll say this for Ultimate Cap, he sure had several choice moments (IMHO):

Ultimate Marvel was my gateway into comics. It provided me a sense of accessibility that comics don't really have anymore.

Ultimate Dazzler>>>>Alison_Blaire_%28Earth-1610%29_from_Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_94_0001.jpg