Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

So... aspoilers:
    Miracle Man retcon
    end of spoilers was done on America Chavez.
    Let's the chaos begins...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    So... aspoilers:
    Miracle Man retcon
    end of spoilers was done on America Chavez.
    Let's the chaos begins...
    Not sure I like the potential retcon introduced this issue, although the villain is certainly interesting.

-Pav, who'd hate for America's origins to become muddy...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I'm reserving my opinion for next issue because so far cliche twist is dancing in my mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I liked about it. I think being from another Dimension is a little over the top, and needlessly so
    How are they going to explain her meeting her grandmother Midramar? That happened well after her origins and most of her adventures, and was witnessed by other characters, so it still happened.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I haven't really been impressed a whole lot by this series, but I'm pretty sure that's solely because of the art. It's just entirely too generic compared to the artists who've worked on the character in the past.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How are they going to explain her meeting her grandmother Midramar? That happened well after her origins and most of her adventures, and was witnessed by other characters, so it still happened.
    Eh, Secret War?

I need to read this, forgot i got it. Dang i got so much to catch up on. I haven't finished the simonson thor collection, the priest bp collection, scarlet witch. blue marvel. omg i'm a binge comic shopper. digital is dangerous. lol @@
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Couple of options:
    1) Al Ewing will fix it eventually (god help him)
    2) barring the foster family/evil sister the details of this run will be quietly forgotten (eg the utter differences between the Kree of Life of CM vs the rest of 616)
    3) America’s powers include projecting her dodgy memories
    4) the experiments caused 616!America to synch or something with someone from the Utopia Parallel
    5) there’s yet further twists

I have read than the changes were explained by the author to asked by the editorial to make America more in synch with her MCU appearance. I am not used to visit authors social networks, so I ask, can somebody confirm this? Were those affirmations made by Kalinda Vasquez? And if it is so, that is going to be hard to undo if the eye of Feige is demanding for such change.

And I am sure there is more to tell in the series, but at least for a season, this is going to be the origin of America.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The weird part is that Chavez leaked audition tapes indicated that she's at least from another universe, though it doesnt sound like the Utopian Parallel and more of a regular alternate universe

Of course it is not to going to be the Utopian parallel. Not if Disney wants to sell DSMoM in China and other more consevative countries, with its history of LGBT+ censorship.

I mean so far they literally have addressed the grandmother caus like Baby America drew her. But like.... IDK this whole retcon is convoluted she acknowledges the grandmother is real but doesn't acknowledge her in the first run, it's stupid & only 1 issue is left I bet this run will be forgotten & ignored.

Astonishing Member

For the non-Americans, why is the turnpike the worst place on Earth

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, Secret War?
    America meeting Madrimar happened AFTER Secret Wars, so no, they can't use that as an excuse to retcon it out of existence. I doubt this book will do anything about it since it seems to just want us to forget parts of Gabby Rivera's work even existed, but yeah, I'm seriously hoping an Al Ewing will swoop in and find a cohesive fix for this, because it's just a mess of an origin story right now.

Regardless of the complexity of her various layers of origins,

her sister is kind of a cool character, right? America is so powerful, and I kinda like having that balance with a not-so-good Chavez around.

-Pav, who takes comics as they come (and go)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details