Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batman VS Various Bullet Timers

All Fights take place in some random Big city at night.
    Fighters start 2.5 kilometers apart with no line of sight.
    Standard gear.

Batman VS Ironfist

Batman VS Daredevil

Batman VS Shang Chi

Batman VS Doctor Octopus

Let’s start with Daredevil. Similar stealth feats to Bats, and admittedly not much range game and zero AoEs, but ludicrously better senses and much, much faster. Batman would be toast before he even saw Matt.

With the others, who don’t have Bats’ stealth feats or any way to detect him before he blats them with sonics or something, he stands a much better chance.

He can get a win over DD in a hard fight the other 2 have magical ninja whatever powers and the 4th is a Spiderman villain so ya.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He can get a win over DD in a hard fight the other 2 have magical ninja whatever powers and the 4th is a Spiderman villain so ya.
    I think we have completely opposite views on this.

a) How do you think Batman beats Daredevil? In H2H he’s never landing a hit on Matt, who is MUCH too quick for him. They both have range (with Matt’s billy-clubs). And in this scenario he’d sense Batman first, so he could get the drop on him. It’s not close.
    b) With Shang and Danny, he couldn’t beat them in an arena fight (they also have range), but in this scenario they’d need to know where he was to hit him. His stealth game is insane, and he could hit them with an AoE (gas, explosives, sonics) before they knew he was there.
    c) With Otto, Bruce could potentially take him even in the arena due to AoE shenanigans, of which Otto has none in terms of ‘standard’ equipment. Sure, give him prep time, Otto could whip something up, but not on the fly. In the city, Bruce’s stealth should take it away from Otto quite convincingly.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    All Fights take place in some random Big city at night.
    Fighters start 2.5 kilometers apart with no line of sight.
    Standard gear.

Batman VS Ironfist

Batman VS Daredevil

Batman VS Shang Chi

Batman VS Doctor Octopus
    Okay, my feeling.

1. I think it's a horribly uphill battle for Bruce to take on Iron Fist with nothing but his belt, even from ambush. Danny has feats for sensing people, when poisoned and weakened he has caught sniper rifle rounds fired from behind himself, he has used his qi to resist poisons, he's pretty tough and I can't see sonics just dropping him. Bruce will get in the first shot, and it'll probably be a good one, but if a debilitated Danny can still catch rifle rounds and fire off Iron Fist blasts, I'm none too sanguine on Bruce managing after that point.

I think it's possible Bruce wins a few, but I don't give him the majority.

2. Agree with Beadle - Bruce is in real trouble against Daredevil.

3. Shang Chi is...tricky. Bruce can no-doubt sneak up on him, and basically unload his belt at the guy. I don't think Shang has the same kind of resist-poison/toxins etc feats Danny has, he can't fire off area blasts in reply allowing Bruce to escape and try again, etc. I don't like Shang's odds, though if Bruce is dumb enough to get into hand to hand with Shang he gets wrecked (he won't be that dumb).

4. Ock is a guy who is a serious danger in a fight against Spider-man. He has four coordinated, bullet-timing arms that can punch holes in Bruce or rip him limb from limb in seconds. He moves faster than Bruce in an urban environment, and can see in every direction effectively. Bruce's only chance is to take him out with drugs, gasses, and tranq stuff. It's possible, though Ock's arms will allow him to escape the range of gas in short order or even deflect tranq darts if he has ANY idea they're coming (the dude has blocked bullets, as I recall).

If Bruce can get him with the gas/sonics/tranqs, great. If Ock gets anywhere near Bruce, the four arms that give Peter Parker real problems are going to fold up Batman for convenient display above a fireplace.

I figure Bruce takes the majority thanks to massive stealth and use of the belt, but he's going to be sweating bullets the whole time. One mistake and he's going to get pulled apart like fried chicken.

Mileage may vary!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Random big city at night also sounds like it leaves room for setting up environmental traps. Which I imagine would only really be utilized by Bruce and Otto.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Random big city at night also sounds like it leaves room for setting up environmental traps. Which I imagine would only really be utilized by Bruce and Otto.
    Point. Otto doesn't carry any gear with him, but if he stumbles across a hardware store or whatever, he can most certainly whip something up. Dude is a comic book supergenius - he won't be making a time machine out of a soup can, but certainly he can come up with some nasty things if he wants.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Bullets really explain the difference in speed between Batman and Daredevil. It is well documented that Batman is not a bullet-timer, but an aim-dodger. Batman anticipates when an opponents will shoot at him and dives for cover. Daredevil is not only a bullet-timer, he is a little beyond bullet-timing. The minimum requirement for bullet-timing is to react to the bullet in between the time it is fired and when it should reach the target. Daredevil has actually swatted away bullets with his billyclub, requiring speed, skill, and precise timing that goes beyond mere bullet-timing. If he did it once, we might dismiss that feat as not consistent with his presentation. But here are four examples (one is just a text link to avoid exceeding the three scan limit here) of Daredevil swatting a bullet with his billyclub, and the fourth feat is a doozy:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...7t%20sense.jpg

Matt does this all the time. I can't actually see most of your examples due to my work's firewall, so I might be replicating them, but Matt swats bullets away, swats them so they fly back and hit the shooter or his buddy, swats them when they're fired at near-point-blank-range from behind by Bushwhacker on a day where his radar senses are shut down (I don't know how), and - a kicker - dodges a sniper round when the bullet is close enough that you can clearly see its reflection in his red glasses BEFORE Matt starts moving (it scratches his cheek).

Matt BUllet.jpg

Dude is a solid bullet-timer.

Is it the same feat? Someone tell me. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Matt does this all the time. I can't actually see most of your examples due to my work's firewall, so I might be replicating them, but Matt swats bullets away, swats them so they fly back and hit the shooter or his buddy, swats them when they're fired at near-point-blank-range from behind by Bushwhacker on a day where his radar senses are shut down (I don't know how), and - a kicker - dodges a sniper round when the bullet is close enough that you can clearly see its reflection in his red glasses BEFORE Matt starts moving (it scratches his cheek).

Matt BUllet.jpg

Dude is a solid bullet-timer.

Is it the same feat? Someone tell me. ^_^
    Different feat from the four that I posted. All I googled was something like "Daredevil swats bullet."

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Different feat from the four that I posted. All I googled was something like "Daredevil swats bullet."
    Good! Didn't want to duplicate.

Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

So far as Bruce's equipment, how good are these guys electrical resistance feats? Bruce has a lot of shocky things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So far as Bruce's equipment, how good are these guys electrical resistance feats? Bruce has a lot of shocky things.
    Using energy on Iron Fist sometimes fails spectacularly. I wouldn't want to lead with it.

Should work fine on Shang Chi. Of course, Shang isn't the real problem person here. That would be...

Daredevil. The issue with using it on Matt is that it's more likely that Matt is going to be clonking Bruce on the back of the head than the reverse. And yeah, he'll pick up the fact that Bruce has electrified his costume if Bruce tries that kind of thing; his enhanced senses are absolutely ridiculous.

Ock. Might work on Ock. Might not. Dude's arms are pretty scary, I believe he has had them insulated (though don't quote me on that). Basically, I don't feel that electricity on the level Bruce can deploy is going to work any better than his other stuff, which is a definite 'hopefully will work, but not 100%, better start praying it does the trick'.

Mileage may vary!

Also, will note that it's not often Shang finds himself to be the least biggest threat in the room. But here, he for sure is.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Shang-Chi has no special resistance to electricity. Here's how he was feeling after his first encounter with Shockwave:

Daredevil doesn't have any innate resistance to eletricity, either, but he has a good grasp of basic science and understands he can safely hit Electro when he isn't grounded. Daredevil has beat Electro on multiple occasions.

It's possible, though Ock's arms will allow him to escape the range of gas in short order or even deflect tranq darts if he has ANY idea they're coming (the dude has blocked bullets, as I recall).
    You might as well just forget even trying to use gas against the guy.

Ock. Might work on Ock. Might not. Dude's arms are pretty scary, I believe he has had them insulated (though don't quote me on that). Basically, I don't feel that electricity on the level Bruce can deploy is going to work any better than his other stuff, which is a definite 'hopefully will work, but not 100%, better start praying it does the trick'.
    Dr. Octopus frequently works with Electro. They trust each other about as far as you can spit a moose and several of Dr. Octopus's plans have a part that goes "And this is where I betray everyone." I feel safe in saying he's well insulated.