Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Dr. Octopus frequently works with Electro. They trust each other about as far as you can spit a moose and several of Dr. Octopus's plans have a part that goes "And this is where I betray everyone." I feel safe in saying he's well insulated.
    Thank you for this. It’s made my day.

Sometimes I feel like Dr. Octopus has approximately the same power set as Magneto.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

You might as well just forget even trying to use gas against the guy.

Dr. Octopus frequently works with Electro. They trust each other about as far as you can spit a moose and several of Dr. Octopus's plans have a part that goes "And this is where I betray everyone." I feel safe in saying he's well insulated.
    Bruce’s chances against Ock continue to drop....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    All Fights take place in some random Big city at night.
    Fighters start 2.5 kilometers apart with no line of sight.
    Standard gear.

Batman VS Ironfist

Batman VS Daredevil

Batman VS Shang Chi

Batman VS Doctor Octopus
    I would say that Batman having standard gear gives him a chance but not much.

I'm not really up on current Ironfist other than Netflix. My comic book image of him is from the 1980s. So I am probably overestimating Batman's chances.

At range, with an arsenal of Utility Belt stuff, I could see him beating DD.

Same with Shang Chi but, again, it's been a long time since I've read a Shang Chi story.

Doctor Octopus would require ridiculous P.I.S. for Octopus not to remember that he can windmill his arms to blow gas away, deflect batarangs easily and move fast enough and be strong enough to be a threat to Spider-Man.

Edit: Forgot this was a scenario, not a straight arena fight.

It's going to be very hard to sneak up on Ironfist and especially on DD. Given basic knowledge, maybe Batman could really mess with DD. Is his blindness and radar sense well-known these days?

Sneaking up on Doc Ock and sucker punching him might be an option.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 03-04-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Matt does this all the time. I can't actually see most of your examples due to my work's firewall, so I might be replicating them, but Matt swats bullets away, swats them so they fly back and hit the shooter or his buddy, swats them when they're fired at near-point-blank-range from behind by Bushwhacker on a day where his radar senses are shut down (I don't know how), and - a kicker - dodges a sniper round when the bullet is close enough that you can clearly see its reflection in his red glasses BEFORE Matt starts moving (it scratches his cheek).

Attachment 106839

Dude is a solid bullet-timer.

Is it the same feat? Someone tell me. ^_^
    To be fair, in this particular example the bullet was apparently slower than sound, considering that Matt explicitly heard it before it reached him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, in this particular example the bullet was apparently slower than sound, considering that Matt explicitly heard it before it reached him.
    Matt's blind and senses through sonar. Everything he reacts to should be slower than sound. Doesn't mean he's not a bullet timer anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Matt's blind and senses through sonar. Everything he reacts to should be slower than sound. Doesn't mean he's not a bullet timer anyway.
    Nope, he senses things through Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Nope, he senses things through Radar
    Which, when you think about it, makes your brain hurt.

Because it means Matt actually transmits radio waves or microwaves constantly in the first place at a controlled frequency so as to be able to process the returning signal.

Meaning he should be ridiculously easy to track.

And that if you wear certain stealth / radar-signature-reducing surfaces, you’d render Matt blind again to a degree, at least as far as you’re concerned. I mean he’d still have his hearing, smell etc., but every little helps, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Which, when you think about it, makes your brain hurt.

Because it means Matt actually transmits radio waves or microwaves constantly in the first place at a controlled frequency so as to be able to process the returning signal.

Meaning he should be ridiculously easy to track.

And that if you wear certain stealth / radar-signature-reducing surfaces, you’d render Matt blind again to a degree, at least as far as you’re concerned. I mean he’d still have his hearing, smell etc., but every little helps, right?
    It's not actually RADAR. It's called that for convenience and ease of understanding but it's closer to a psychic ability than anything else. Stick told Matt that people have untapped potential that the training of the Hand and Chaste can unlock. This can be seen in Hand and Chaste member's super powers like Stone's limited invulnerability, Flame's pyrokinesis, and Wing's levitation ability, as well as the telepathy and ritual spellcasting they can do. Stick and Matt's hypersenses are of the same order of ability. The accident unlocked a potential that Matt had and allowed him to circumvent the need to train it to manifest. It's a psi power or a "chi" based power if it's anything.

Regarding the sniper feat and Matt’s ‘hearing the gunshot’: we don’t know what Matt heard.

We didn’t see when the shot happened. We don’t have a sound effect. It’s just as possible - more so, even, given the stuff Matt has heard in a crowded city - that he hears the trigger being pulled or something similar before the shot is fired.

More likely than a sniper using an unsuppressed rifle firing an extremely low-velocity round.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    It's not actually RADAR. It's called that for convenience and ease of understanding but it's closer to a psychic ability than anything else. Stick told Matt that people have untapped potential that the training of the Hand and Chaste can unlock. This can be seen in Hand and Chaste member's super powers like Stone's limited invulnerability, Flame's pyrokinesis, and Wing's levitation ability, as well as the telepathy and ritual spellcasting they can do. Stick and Matt's hypersenses are of the same order of ability. The accident unlocked a potential that Matt had and allowed him to circumvent the need to train it to manifest. It's a psi power or a "chi" based power if it's anything.
    It’s worrying that this actually makes more sense.

No pun intended on ‘sense’.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Regarding the sniper feat and Matt’s ‘hearing the gunshot’: we don’t know what Matt heard.

We didn’t see when the shot happened. We don’t have a sound effect. It’s just as possible - more so, even, given the stuff Matt has heard in a crowded city - that he hears the trigger being pulled or something similar before the shot is fired.

More likely than a sniper using an unsuppressed rifle firing an extremely low-velocity round.
    In either case, though, that would be him reacting to something that isn't going supersonic. I'm not saying that he doesn't have legitimately bullet timing feats, it's just that in this particular occasion he was explicitly reacting to some sort of sound rather than detecting a bullet flying towards him with his somewhat more nebulous radar sense.

Radar? Sonar? Let's just call it ninja magic and be done with it.

Radar? Sonar? Let's just call it ninja magic and be done with it.
    Ninja magic is subject to the Inverse Ninja Law, so maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In either case, though, that would be him reacting to something that isn't going supersonic. I'm not saying that he doesn't have legitimately bullet timing feats, it's just that in this particular occasion he was explicitly reacting to some sort of sound rather than detecting a bullet flying towards him with his somewhat more nebulous radar sense.
    I would say this assessment is incorrect. The sound alerts him to the fact that something is up. However, by the art, the bullet is only a few feet from him (it’s reflected in his glasses, heading right at his head) BEFORE he starts to dodge.

THEN he yanks his head to the side and the bullet scratches his cheek.
    Why are we here?