• Storm

52 39.10%
  • Nightcrawler

17 12.78%
  • Cyclops

64 48.12%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Which New Ongoing Will Sell Better, Cyclops or Storm?

Which of these ongoings do you think will prove to be most marketable?

Mods: please correct the title to say, "which new ongoing will sell better."

BANNED

Storm is by far the world's most popular super heroine; however, Cyclops is coming off a top selling series. This is a tough call for me.

BANNED

Nightcrawler.

BANNED

I forgot about Nightcrawler. It does have a superstar creator behind it.

I love Storm waaaayyyyy more than Cyclops but I think The Starjammers have me really excited about the book. Maybe once we find out the premise of Storm's ongoing it might be a little more intriguing. As it stands now though Cyclops has my vote.

BANNED

Storm's solo is so overdue and she has been an iconic X-Man for so many decades that I can't believe it won't be a big seller to general X-Men fans as well as Storm fans.

It's more difficult to tell with the Cyclops solo because it's not about the Scott Summers who has also been around for decades so my assumption is that its readership will be restricted to people who are already reading ANXM and who want to go on reading about Tyke's adventures in space with Corsair, so the readership is inevitably going to be a subset of a subset plus people who want to read about Corsair and the Starjammers.

Both will get an additional boost from fans who want to read for the writers or the artists but I couldn't make a guess at how that translates into numbers sold. We might have a better idea how new X-Men solo books are doing once we know how well Nightcrawler #1 with CC sold.

BANNED

Cyclops. I think having a "new" character and a great supporting cast will bolster this. Not to mention a great writer at the helm. The characters are not overused and are "blank slates" enough to really have a new course laid out for them. Even though it is Cyclops, it is a Cyclops on the verge of becoming a man and you will be able to see real growth. This will be critcally rated high and word of mouth with grow it.
    Storm may sell well initially but I think only her fans will pick it up monthly or past the first arc. If Captain Marvel's Carol Corps could not keep season one going, and they get their own convention panel, there is little hope the Storm-Chasers will keep the title aloft.
    Both titles have a shelf expiration, but I think Cyclops will lead to a Starjammers series, Storm's I feel was meant to be a Legacy run before Nightcrawler after he got resurrected in Amazing but they chose to make them both ongoing. (That is just my opinion based on the speculation on why she was on the cover and in the middle of the anniversary issue but never had a storyline within).
    They will both get the standard 13-16 issue run.

BANNED

Storm will be the best selling, Cyclops will be more critically acclaimed.

BANNED

I feel like Magneto's going to outsell all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Storm will be the best selling, Cyclops will be more critically acclaimed.
    This sounds about right.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Ageed. It's difficult to imagine another solo title debuting with 55k sales. Fingers crossed they all do well and then we might get some neglected characters with solos and more risk-taking titles like Pak's X-Treme X-Men and Spurrier's Legacy.

I voted for Storm but it's really a tough call. I think all 3 have the potential to sell well since all of them so popular. I want all of these characters books to do well.

I'll for sure support Storm's book, and will check out Kurt's book since it's by Claremont and she'll appear it in it periodically so I may get certain issues.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    A strong possibility indeed

BANNED

Going for Storm because I' her fan and I want her book to really sell well.

BANNED

Nightcrawler!!! Then Storm can be folded back into NC with CC at the helm of his favorite pet/plaything.