• Storm

52 39.10%
  • Nightcrawler

17 12.78%
  • Cyclops

64 48.12%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

There's no way a solo about a teenage time displaced version of Cyclops is going to outsell a Storm solo that people have been asking for since the late 90's. If it was the adult version, sure. But not Tyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    There's no way a solo about a teenage time displaced version of Cyclops is going to outsell a Storm solo that people have been asking for since the late 90's. If it was the adult version, sure. But not Tyke.
    We will see. There is something that's called a vocal minority and sadly thats what i think will be the case. Yes, if you go by this site and people claiming for it. But i doubt that's what comes to fruition.

It doesn't say Teen Cyclops on the cover of Cyclops. It just says Cyclops.

I would love if Storm or even Nightcrawler outsold them but it's not going to happen the way Marvel is pushing Cyclops right now. JMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    We will see. There is something that's called a vocal minority and sadly thats what i think will be the case. Yes, if you go by this site and people claiming for it. But i doubt that's what comes to fruition.

It doesn't say Teen Cyclops on the cover of Cyclops. It just says Cyclops.

I would love if Storm or even Nightcrawler outsold them but it's not going to happen the way Marvel is pushing Cyclops right now. JMO.

People buying it know it's about Teen Cyclops. Nobody asked for a Teen Cyclops book, not even Cyclops fans. People have been talking about a Storm solo since as far back as i can remember.

All 3 solos are getting equal push.

Your numbers/opinions are way off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    People buying it know it's about Teen Cyclops. Nobody asked for a Teen Cyclops book, not even Cyclops fans.

Your numbers/opinions are way off.

I thought it was a teen Cyclops book. If it is, then it wouldn't sell more than Kurt and Storm's.

I've check Storm's Ororo" Before the Storm mini and it didn't sell better than Storm Vol2 #1-6 and X-men Wolrds APart.

I'm gonna pick Storm...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Cyclops because unlike Storm and Nightcrawler the Cyclops solo is the only place you'll fine O5 Cyclops for the foreseeable future.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Tough call. Storm should win the first rounds easily on the strength of the character's history and the cookie-cutter gimmick, but Greg Pak has been kryptonite to any x-book he's touched since Phoenix:Warsong

BANNED

Hard to compare though. It will br based on taste.
    A galactic tale with space pirates and a time lost young boy learning about himself and his powers with a father he thought dead and a father making up time with a son he didn't get to raise. Story mostly independent from current titles. The only thing they won't do with him is maim or kill him. Great writer, great promotion. No previous series.
    A woman with a vocal fanbase. Globetrotting and fighting environmental disasters and governments. Story will have to tie somewhat to current titles as she is in many, just from an editorial standpoint. Costume, hair, cast will rely on the best-selling author from all said titles (unless they pair back) and what they want to do with her. Fan-favorite writer. Promotion just starting. Multiple past mini-series.
    Nightcrawler was going to be a Legacy run, moved to ongoing due to writer and proven #1sales boost. A fan-favorite character who has a somewhat new status quo. Story so far about him getting reaquainted with the world (and the fans). Unknown how many titles he will be in or what plans are for him in the X-world. Fan-favorite writer, promotion was relatively light (imo). Previous solo.
    3 titles, 3 different voices and 3 great writers. Very hard to tell sales-wise which will resonate loudest. Personally Cyclops is the only one I have an inclination to pick-up. The more I see of it the more interested I get.

Spectacular Member

While I'd like it to be Nightcrawler, and seeing Storm and Greg Pak hit it high I think it's gonna be Cyclops. Mostly due to how often what the fans here want and what sell, never really match up unfortunately.

BANNED

Cyclops, due to the mass influx of popularity given to him thanks to AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Cyclops, due to the mass influx of popularity given to him thanks to AvX.
    Yep.

It has nothing to do with quality. I will likely buy the Storm comic. I won't touch the Teen Cyclops won. And I just think it's a given because of as you stated. Would love to be wrong and Storm and Nightcrawler take the Issue #1 sales crown. For whatever that title get's yeah. not much. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I feel like Magneto's going to outsell all of them.
    Actually, I agree with this.

I voted Nightcrawler just because someone needed to, but I don't expect it to sell especially well in today's market unless he gets a stronger supporting cast and some tie-in stories. Storm will sell, but its long-term viability is dependent on supporting cast and not over-saturating the market with the character (as the Wolverine solo has suffered from). It's in real danger of that right now. She's currently appearing in quite a few titles. Teen Clops has minimal marketability (old Clops would be a different matter) but it may sell based on having the only appearance of the Starjammers. I can't see it lasting long, though. I think Magneto is in a sweet spot. He only shows up in one other title and the book has a clear premise tied into larger Marvel Universe happenings making it relevant.

BANNED

Cyclops will be a finite series, at some point he will need to go back in time or they will make him stay but returning to Earth would be the end seeing as the book is about his space adventures with his dad. Looks like an enjoyable season run though.

Incredible Member

I like Storm and Greg Pak wrote two of my favorite Marvel stories World War Hulk and Phoenix Endsong, but right now Cyclops just has to much momentum. I think his book will sell more.

Without going into quality of these books I think Cyclops will sell better than Storm or Nightcrawler.

Nightcrawler has Claremont on it but then he hasn't been all that great for years now while Pak is a pretty good writer but his Marvel books as of late haven't fared well and I feel that Storm fans who have been demanding her to get her own solo are a vocal minority so hard to say which of those two will be the better seller but I'll go with Storm.

Cyclops only features young Cyke but it has him in space with Corsair and Starjammers and it's the only book that you can catch him in. Other than that it has probably the best writer when it comes to name recognition and sales. And to me Cyke seems the most interesting out of all of these and would probably be the book I'd pick despite usually not being a fan of x-solos since it feels like it has a good hook to it and I've heard good things about Rucka.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Magneto does outperform all of these since it's Magneto, one of the most well known villains in his own solo with apparently great writing from Bunn which doesn't surprise me either.