133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

52 39.10%
  • Nightcrawler

17 12.78%
  • Cyclops

64 48.12%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Going with Storm over Cyclops, but I think it will be close. Both characters have great name recognition. I think Rucka has a bigger following than Pak and is, respectfully, a stronger storyteller. But even if it is spinning out of a best-selling X-Book, Cyke's book is dealing with what's essentially a diluted version of the title character, while the hope for Storm's solo is that it will be a character readers have loved for decades getting some spotlight time after multiple upheavals in her life. Nightcrawler's going to trail the pack a bit and it will probably be Claremont that brings the interest. Making Kurt's return the focal point of a new book didn't exactly set the charts on fire with Amazing, and I think the follow-up series will reflect that as well. Not that Kurt isn't a great character, but when was the last time he was allowed to show that? Maybe Ellis-era Excalibur? There's affection there for a lot of readers, but I don't know how much excitement.

Of course, all that said, I pre-ordered Cyclops and have Nightcrawler and Magneto on my pull list. Storm is going to have to be a shelf read before I decide anything, since I'm not gaga over the creative team.

I think it's very hard to tell. They are three different characters. Kurt has just come back from the dead, Scott is also "new" and young, not the adult one, so there is more to do with him, he's like a tabula rasa. And Storm, well... I hope she fares the best because I am a great fan of hers. Hope they all do good.

I have no idea what will be the quality of those books, so it's pretty hard to tell.
    But if it's half as good as some of the other solos Marvel have been launching for a while, we should be well served.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

If there is any justice, Storm. Given that it's the actual character, and not a time-displaced adolescent version of the actual character.

BANNED

I don't get the disdain for teen Cyclops. Wouldn't you rather read about him when he was a hero than read about old, evil Cyclops?

Of the three, I'd say Cyclops because it easily has the strongest emotional core of the three (a father and son reconnecting on a journey).

Plus, obviously, Space Pirates!

I want all to do well but solos, especially x-mens solos, just don't seem to last long at all. Right now even wolverine gets relaunched after 13 issues - how is anyone else meant to survive? Cable had a series that went on for over 100 issues - why can't ANY marvel book hit that these days?

Cyclops. Even though it is just the teen version, I just don't see Storm appealing to a wider audience.

Storm will have a strong start, but might start falling behind quickly. Cyclops has Greg Rucka backing it, so it will likely do decently.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I don't get the disdain for teen Cyclops. Wouldn't you rather read about him when he was a hero than read about old, evil Cyclops?
    Given the character is gonna be reseted eventually, I can understand why some parts of the readership don't feel like it's gonna be worth it to take this specific ride.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Personally for me, the whole thing just comes across as having one's cake and eating it, having both the character Cyclops has turned into over the last decade and the character he used to be before in play to accomodate both spectrum of fans. I've had enough of Cyclops full stop, however. Although this is speaking generally, and might be noted as a drift away from the thread's intention, so I'll leave it there.

At the moment, I think Cyclops's ongoing will sell more because it is building off the momentum of All New X-men, which is the top selling X-book at the moment. But I wouldn't be surprised if Storm sold more. I think Storm is more capable of sustaining her own solo series than Cyclops. She has shown that she can be both independent and part of a team. Cyclops has always been more of a team player and that's why I don't think his solo series will last longer than two years. But I've been wrong about these things before.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    and I feel that Storm fans who have been demanding her to get her own solo are a vocal minority
    Glad I'm not the only one with this view.

Well Magneto, as mentioned by others, will end up selling the best. It's just that good and Bunn brought his A game for it.

Out of the 3 mentioned on the poll, it'll be Cyclops due to the art, Rucka, the Starjammer presence, and how Marvel has been making Cyclops a focal point. This last point is still relevant despite this being Tyke.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Given the character is gonna be reseted eventually, I can understand why some parts of the readership don't feel like it's gonna be worth it to take this specific ride.
    I'm on the side that no reset will happen. Timeline will fix itself with some big event and O5 will be an alternate past timeline which they may or may not return to.