• Storm

52 39.10%
  • Nightcrawler

17 12.78%
  • Cyclops

64 48.12%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I'm on the side that no reset will happen. Timeline will fix itself with some big event and O5 will be an alternate past timeline which they may or may not return to.
    Well there would have to be a reset since the O5 need to go back to past and forget everything that they experience in present. And they really have to end ANXM that way because the whole point of the story is that these really are the 616 versions from the past, that's the hook and if they retcon it so that they end up as alternate timeline versions then the whole idea behind them becoming to the present is undermined since they'll just be yet another bunch of alternates.

So either they need to wipe O5's memory of everything and send them back to the past or O5 need to be changed into alternate versions. Either they reset everything or pull the rug under it. They're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. That's why I don't like it, no matter what they do it'll just end in disappointment imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Well there would have to be a reset since the O5 need to go back to past and forget everything that they experience in present. And they really have to end ANXM that way because the whole point of the story is that these really are the 616 versions from the past, that's the hook and if they retcon it so that they end up as alternate timeline versions then the whole idea behind them becoming to the present is undermined since they'll just be yet another bunch of alternates.
    That was the intent, from Creeper Beast at least. Little did he know (or maybe he did), that by pulling them forward one would gain her powers early and far staringer than they had been sans phoneix, another would leave, and they would get "trapped". I like the edge of not knowing how it will play out, but I do wish it was addressed a little more in the titles instead of going from one big event to the next. The current ANXM down-time issue helped.

So either they need to wipe O5's memory of everything and send them back to the past or O5 need to be changed into alternate versions. Either they reset everything or pull the rug under it. They're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. That's why I don't like it, no matter what they do it'll just end in disappointment imo.
    The issue here is that they are going to start to visibly get older and their power have already started to change (get stronger,adapt). I would not be surprised that now that he is chilling with his Dad that young Cyclops removes the mental blocks preventing him from wielding his power or controlling it better. Those type of things can't be memory-wiped...I would like to think Bendis had an ending already in place when he made this move, but I have not liked his reset on any title he has left in the past so there is worry there. I do have a hard time trying to invest in the characters not knowing if they have a true future, as save for Cyclops, he is the only one truly being used currently or written in a semi-likable way (IMO).
    I agree though that not many will like either resolution for the reasons you expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    Of the three, I'd say Cyclops because it easily has the strongest emotional core of the three (a father and son reconnecting on a journey).

Plus, obviously, Space Pirates!
    Given the comic book market, Tyke is set up to take the lead. A teenaged white boy hanging out with his space pirate dad who he thought was dead? Yeah, that's comic gold. Obviously, the all-Goddess smiting evil governments and saving the world will be incredible, but the artist is a z-lister and Storm has been drug through the mud for a decade now. Only time will tell for certain, though. If Pak and co knock it out of the park, maybe the people will actually notice.

CC should have been given X-Myn and Amazing should have continued to be Nightcrawler's stomping ground. But, again, we will have to see.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

cyclops will sell much better than the other comics. he is a better hero.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Given the character is gonna be reseted eventually, I can understand why some parts of the readership don't feel like it's gonna be worth it to take this specific ride.

If you guys think these are going to be the only two options then you guys don't know Marvel. All New is popular and Cyclops probably will be, so Marvel is not going to just disregard this.

More likely there'll be a big event and X-Men will get some sort of One More Day reset where the O5 returns and the past changes and things get changed up in the present drastically (cue the return of Jean Grey?). Bendis isn't going out without a bang with his characters at stake and he's already shown that things that happen to the young Cyclops can affect older Cyclops when he "died".
    Last edited by Probalus; 05-05-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

Storm feels more like a solo character than Cyclops who's always been defined by his "overprotective big brother" personality. And Nightcrawler is more suited for a solo book than either one of them. Still, I think the word-of-mouth will decide the faith of these books, because I'm not sure anyone of these three can sell a book on established fanbase alone.

Mekanix vol. 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    cyclops will sell much better than the other comics. he is a better hero.

Lol I LOVE Bianca Del Rio

BANNED

A good barometer is to look at other message boards and comments to get a feel for the overall vibe of fans outside of CBR and the appreciation threads.
    The vibe, (between Cyclops and Storm is quite different, NC really has crickets). Based just on current state Cyclops has a much better "commentary", but Marvel is also promoting it heavily and seem genuinely excited for what Rucka is bringing to the table. Rucka also has huge name recognition from his novels and his Batman (not to mention those Cyclops covers are sick!). Storm has a much more tepid response, but they are also in the infant stages of promotion.
    Both with have second prints, Storm will have a bigger 2nd issue drop. I think regardless of sales they will both have similar runs.
    I cannot state it too much, inside and out of the X-line I am grateful Marvel is trying new things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    If you guys think these are going to be the only two options then you guys don't know Marvel. All New is popular and Cyclops probably will be, so Marvel is not going to just disregard this.

More likely there'll be a big event and X-Men will get some sort of One More Day reset where the O5 returns and the past changes and things get changed up in the present drastically (cue the return of Jean Grey?). Bendis isn't going out without a bang with his characters at stake and he's already shown that things that happen to the young Cyclops can affect older Cyclops when he "died".
    And yet in ANXM #26 he pointed out that the memories that tyke is aquiring none of them is effecting the adult counter part. I'm hoping by 2015 this damn run ends.

BANNED

I hope it never ends. Jeen & Tyke for leaders of the X-Men.

All-New Member

Cyclops #1 ranked 34th in industry sales with 47,468 units sold in May 2014!

Storm #1 ranked 46th in industry sales with 47,566 units sold in July 2014.

So it seems that life imitates art and they are both neck and neck!

Storm's book is selling the same units as her X-Men: Worlds Apart mini-series sold in 2009 (with just as little promotion) so I'm not at all surprised!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Storm. Really not interested in Tyke with his dad.

And Nightcrawler is a Claremont book, which sadly means it won't sell.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guruuvy View Post
    Cyclops #1 ranked 34th in industry sales with 47,468 units sold in May 2014!

Storm #1 ranked 46th in industry sales with 47,566 units sold in July 2014.

So it seems that life imitates art and they are both neck and neck!

Storm's book is selling the same units as her X-Men: Worlds Apart mini-series sold in 2009 (with just as little promotion) so I'm not at all surprised!
    Nightcrawler 1 outsold them both