Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-05-2021 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Nevermind ..wait the attachment is still here.. then extreme,big guns,pouches,rawr

Emma got what she wanted, Esme’s heart will be broken by Kid Cable’s departure. Unless she’s down to date an old man...again.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He is created on 90s of course he is big with 6590607 pouches
    The pic to the right seriously cracked me up. It's like JR Jr wanted to out-Liefeld Liefeld himself.

Meh. Too bad. I liked Teen Cable , Old Man Cable not so much. Bye the Summer/Grey family's interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No, I said a "style of action" is no longer en vogue, And Cable is his old design one of the biggest representations of that old-style, and Cable get used in those old tropes which get tired fast which a detriment to the character at times. In my opinion, Cable has gone as far he is going with the style and it has limited potential.

Also I was comparing the 80s/90s action movies which influenced the characters and explaining that even when they make stuff like that today it looks like John Wick or Atomic Blonde, They don't just get the biggest dude, with the biggest guns who is this gruff man's man. Cable is symbolic of 90s extreme action and culture so people throw this at you

and this more along the lines of what should happen with the character
    Somebody better tell Chris Hemsworth, Dwayne Johnson, and even Josh Brolin that muscles are no longer in style and basically you need to be skinny and about 17 to be an action star today. Sorry. I just don’t buy that. I personally wouldn’t enjoy the next John Wick movie as much if for some reason they digitally de-aged Keanu Reeves and decided he was going to be rebooted as a teenager who doesn’t yet have his skills. It would be pretty stupid honestly. Because that ain’t John Wick. It’s a fundamentally different character. And I can show you bad 90s art of Batman or Captain America too. And yet I don’t see people saying they need to be de-aged into some hapless kid to be successful.

Just like... well, every character ever, Cable evolved beyond his early Liefeld-ian appearances. Remember when Wolverine was originally a teenager and a mutated wolverine? Good thing Claremont came along and fleshed him out some. The same has happened with Cable under countless writers who made him more than just “gritted teeth, guns and pouches.”

I will say that I don’t disagree that his look could use some modernizing. I dig Kid Cable’s costume too. It’s rad. Put it on an adult Cable who’s more bulked up and I’m totally in for that. I’m all for someone streamlining Cable’s look, his purpose, etc., and doing new things with the character. Just don’t make him a totally different character. That’s all I’m asking. I felt the same about the Teen O5 when they were around. Fun concept... for about a story arc. They stayed way too long though. So has Kid Cable. Glad to see him going away so the grown up version... or a grown up version... can return.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Meh. Too bad. I liked Teen Cable , Old Man Cable not so much. Bye the Summer/Grey family's interactions.
    I don’t get this argument either. As others in this thread have shown, he had plenty of interactions with his family as an adult.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-05-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Shame. The book has been rad.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I see that the wretched Hope Summers is finally getting her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Shame. The book has been rad.
    Whole thing was worth it just for Deadpool keeping the Old Man in his pool table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Somebody better tell Chris Hemsworth, Dwayne Johnson, and even Josh Brolin that muscles are no longer in style and basically you need to be skinny and about 17 to be an action star today. Sorry. I just don’t buy that. I personally wouldn’t enjoy the next John Wick movie as much if for some reason they digitally de-aged Keanu Reeves and decided he was going to be rebooted as a teenager who doesn’t yet have his skills. It would be pretty stupid honestly. Because that ain’t John Wick. It’s a fundamentally different character. And I can show you bad 90s art of Batman or Captain America too. And yet I don’t see people saying they need to be de-aged into some hapless kid to be successful.

Just like... well, every character ever, Cable evolved beyond his early Liefeld-ian appearances. Remember when Wolverine was originally a teenager and a mutated wolverine? Good thing Claremont came along and fleshed him out some. The same has happened with Cable under countless writers who made him more than just “gritted teeth, guns and pouches.”

I will say that I don’t disagree that his look could use some modernizing. I dig Kid Cable’s costume too. It’s rad. Put it on an adult Cable who’s more bulked up and I’m totally in for that. I’m all for someone streamlining Cable’s look, his purpose, etc., and doing new things with the character. Just don’t make him a totally different character. That’s all I’m asking. I felt the same about the Teen O5 when they were around. Fun concept... for about a story arc. They stayed way too long though. So has Kid Cable. Glad to see him going away so the grown up version... or a grown up version... can return.

I don’t get this argument either. As others in this thread have shown, he had plenty of interactions with his family as an adult.
    Hermsworth is almost 40, The Rock is also almost 50 and brolin is 52 years old. They are a lot older than Kid cable

The trope of a character becmes a teenager was used on Iron man and that didn't worked out

I really love when the son/kid is somehow older than the parents

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hermsworth is almost 40, The Rock is also almost 50 and brolin is 52 years old. They are a lot older than Kid cable

The trope of a character becmes a teenager was used on Iron man and that didn't worked out

I really love when the son/kid is somehow older than the parents
    Agreed. But I also don’t get folks who feel like Cable is completely defined by the year of his creation and his creator, when no other character is apparently held to that standard. That’s complete surface thinking and it seems like the people who feel this way really haven’t kept up with Cable over the years and/or just hate the 90s era and Image style art.

That’s totally fair if 90s art and Liefeld aren’t your thing. They’re honestly not mine anymore either (though I liked it at the time). But Cable has evolved a lot as a character and is honestly one of the more interesting and cerebral X-men if you’ve kept up with his exploits over the years — from the Casey/Ladronn run which was magnificent to the Tischman/Macann/Kordey Soldier X run to the long-running Cable & Deadpool series to Mike Carey’s take on him in his X-men run or Si Spurrier’s take on him in his criminally underrated X-Force run.

Cable basically did Krakoa (Providence) long before Hickman had Moira, Professor X and Magneto do it; and he ran a mutant CIA long before Percy’s current X-Force book. He also overthrew a country (for altruistic reasons) and became its leader; and without him saving Hope and raising her in the future, mutantkind would’ve been completely wiped out. So the guy is not just some 90s “guns & pouches” trope. I’m sorry. He’s more layered and multi-faceted than almost any character out there! Anyone who doesn’t see that doesn’t know the real Cable.

Anyway... I’ll get off my soapbox. Sorry. I’m just glad this $#!t is over and the adult version is coming back. And honestly? I also hope he’s not an old man when he comes back. Put him back in his prime. If Xavier and Magneto, who are nonagenarians at this point, can be put back in their prime then so can Nathan.

What I would like to see is the future version of Kid Cable that they've teased in the book. So, if the Cable we get is an old man version of current Kid Cable does that count as "OG Cable" to y'all? Just curious.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Hopefully Excalibur will be next.
    Naw, Marauders is a walking steaming pile, its got to be next on the chop block!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    What I would like to see is the future version of Kid Cable that they've teased in the book. So, if the Cable we get is an old man version of current Kid Cable does that count as "OG Cable" to y'all? Just curious.
    They are all the same character

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    If he was dressed in the early 90s style, then yes, as that is what "OG" means to me. I get the impression that "our" Cable remembers being Twinkle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw, Marauders is a walking steaming pile, its got to be next on the chop block!
    X-Force just keeping its head down, praying no-one notices it is in the room.