Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

No surprises here. I wonder what the future holds for Cable (who I assume will get merged with his younger self ŕ la Extermination). I doubt they'll give him yet another ongoing series so soon, so I figure he'll join one of the teams or a new team, or could even end up in the new X-Men squad with mum and dad.

Already expected that, hope Kid cable dissappears from the books

Writer Gerry Duggan and artist Phil Noto’s action-packed run on CABLE will reach its explosive climax this June. While the rest of the X-Men gear up for the highly-anticipated Hellfire Gala, young Nathan Summers will have to contend with his grizzled war veteran future self in CABLE #12. The past and future of Nathan Summers will finally collide in a game-changing confrontation that will set this iconic character on a new path

“I was grateful to be reunited with Cable in this exciting new era of the X-Men, and even more excited to be reunited with one of my most important collaborators, and friends. Phil Noto and I have wrenched on a lot of comics together, and this one will be immortal because of his sublime work,” Duggan says. “On your feet, soldiers, we have our most dangerous battle in the final chapter.”
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    No surprises here. I wonder what the future holds for Cable (who I assume will get merged with his younger self ŕ la Extermination). I doubt they'll give him yet another ongoing series so soon, so I figure he'll join one of the teams or a new team, or could even end up in the new X-Men squad with mum and dad.
    Probably just take kid cable place on Sword.

Astonishing Member

Kid Cable is just like slim Lobo, change for changes sake that didn't really stick, like lightning Superman

Hopefully Excalibur will be next.

I'm not Kid Cable's biggest fan, but I like the book.
    It isn't an essential part of the line for me thought, so I can't say I'll miss it much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Already expected that, hope Kid cable dissappears from the books
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Kid Cable is just like slim Lobo, change for changes sake that didn't really stick, like lightning Superman
    Kid Cable has kind of grown on me...if only for the reason that Maddie's and Scott's son is younger than them now.

I realize I'm in the minority here but I actually like the Cable series for the most part. I really enjoyed the stuff with him taking the sword of the Space Knights, been wondering if that'd come to back to bite him in the ass. All that being the case, I'm also a big fan of O.G Cable and would welcome his return. So, I guess I'll just have to see where this goes. I mean, it isn't like they haven't been teasing the return of O.G Cable (or at least the old man version of this current Kid Cable) in the book.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. Life's rough, kid.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Good riddance

Very happy for fans of the original!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Who will replace him in S.W.O.R.D.?
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Who will replace him in S.W.O.R.D.?
    Probably...Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Probably...Cable.
    Yep! Future version of kid Cable is my bet.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

And now we are left with the big question of what ever this was planned from the start or if it's a reaction to low sales and/or negative reactions to the character?

It would speak for the former that the very first issue allready introduced the chance of the classic version of the character still being out there and potentialy comming back. But if that was the plan all along, why put so much focus on the new version over multiple appearances and apparently trying to convince people to like him?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    The pattern feels the same. Take a archtypical 90's character who somehow managed to remain popular (partialy because of being unashamed 90's) and try to create a newer, hipper and "prettier" version. Bonus points for the new version killing the old and mocking them.

Though Kid Cable managed to stick around for far longer than those examples i think, though perhaps not because of actual popularity as much as the editors trying to keep them around.

However at least unlike other editorial enforced X-men additions Kid Cable will get a proper wrap up.