Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Yo if Older Cable does murk the absolute **** out of TV do y'all think Scott & Jean would be cool with it like they were when TV did it? Or would they be on some BS?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is exactly how I feel, it was fun light book that gave us a different look at the typical machismo ridden Cable.

I'm gonna miss it, but I am excited to see what happens to the character in the future.
    There is nothing about machismo on Cable. I could make the case of kid cable being more toxic than him

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There is nothing about machismo on Cable. I could make the case of kid cable being more toxic than him

Yes, there is nothing macho about this at all

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yes, there is nothing macho about this at all
    He is created on 90s of course he is big with 6590607 pouches

Is being a badass mutant soldier suddenly a bad thing? I’m not sure I want to live in this world anymore if so.

I have say the obvious the book could be ending AND since Cable is in sword his story continues in that book. I am fine with era of Cable the more times he spends around as Jean and Cyclops as parents the better it is for the character for me they never felt like family even with Slym and Redd stuff or their present interactions. I think this area will be a lot better in the future with this current stuff to draw on.

The Old Cable is going to come back because comics aren't a brave medium they always fall back on the old stuff. IMO The Old cable they milk as much of the stories as they could with the character and a better direction was young cable and while young Cable is kinda horrible, The 18 to 25 Cable who hits his growth spurt and is in his physical prime is the most interesting version of the character they could possibly do now but that is never going to happen.

There’s plenty to do with Cable. Unfortunately there are just few imaginative writers at Marvel doing those things. I could argue there’s far more that could be done with him than characters like Spider-man, Captain America or even Wolverine, another favorite of mine.

Old Cable is a 90s relic he is Rambo, He is Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando and Predator, etc. Cable goes through short burst of being cool then we remember why we got tired of those movies. People like action differently today compare Extraction with Chris Hemsworth or 6 Underground with Ryan Reynolds to those old movies. Heroes got less about the big guns and become way more cerebral.

I can't tell people what to like but I like young cable move because he has the potential to become Jason Bourne/Jack Ryan/Ethan Hunt style character that works better today. Jumping back to what cable was before just seems like a waste to me and within couple of years there is going to be another Cable is on his last rounds as a soldier where he dies because they are only so many stories you can write about old ass hero. Give me young hotshot Chris Hemsworth Cable rather than Arnold Schwarzenegger I am getting to old for ****" Cable. And this young cable can possibly give me that at some point. I want Cable as a soldier in his prime.

People got tired of action movies? News to me. *shrug* And Schwarzenegger and Stallone were in their prime when doing those movies.

And when written well he’s literally the most cerebral X-character there is. He did Krakoa long before Moira, Professor X and Magneto. It was called Providence.

At least read up on the character before dropping a bad hot take, folks. Cable as a dumb kid sucks because he isn’t remotely the same character. Jason Bourne/Ethan Hunt/Jack Ryan and Chris Hemsworth’s character in Extraction are grown ups and have far more in common with OG Cable. He doesn’t have to be old per se. That’s a more recent development (since raising Hope for 17 years in the future; though I hope I’m as jacked as him in my 60s!). Make him 30-40. Fine. But not a skinny, weak and inexperienced kid.

Also, I was pretty sure that Deadpool & Cable: Split Second by Fabian Nicieza resulted in him being de-aged some. People seem to have forgotten that.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-04-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Is being a badass mutant soldier suddenly a bad thing? I’m not sure I want to live in this world anymore if so.
    I don’t think the original comment was saying something was wrong, but that they appreciated a change of pace for the character. I personally never got the appeal of Kid Cable so I’m happy for OG Cable fans.

Maybe they’ll merge the two somehow, as someone else suggested. Take him back to the age he was in the early 90s. That’s fine. I can compromise. Just as long as he’s not a little kid anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    At least read up on the character before dropping a bad hot take, folks. Cable as a dumb kid sucks because he isn’t remotely the same character. Jason Bourne/Ethan Hunt/Jack Ryan and Chris Hemsworth’s character in Extraction are grown ups and have far more in common with OG Cable. He doesn’t have to be old. That’s a more recent development. Make him 30-40. Fine. But not a skinny, weak and inexperienced kid.
    Who is dropping bad takes, I know what Cable is right now, I said I am fine with it because it means to an end. Marvel is more likely to age Cable up 3 or 4 years than age Cable down 20 or 30 years. You have your opinion and I have my opinion. I am not telling you how to like the character. You don't have to agree with the direction I would like to see from the character.

Okay. Action movies are no longer en vogue. Except that they are. Just with different adult actors. Therefore Cable has run his course. Along with other action oriented characters. Like say Wolverine. Or Black Panther. Got it.

Not even sure what you’re saying or what point you’re trying to make, but I can definitely agree to disagree so let’s just do that I guess.

No, I said a "style of action" is no longer en vogue, And Cable is his old design one of the biggest representations of that old-style, and Cable get used in those old tropes which get tired fast which a detriment to the character at times. In my opinion, Cable has gone as far he is going with the style and it has limited potential.

Also I was comparing the 80s/90s action movies which influenced the characters and explaining that even when they make stuff like that today it looks like John Wick or Atomic Blonde, They don't just get the biggest dude, with the biggest guns who is this gruff man's man. Cable is symbolic of 90s extreme action and culture so people throw this at you

and this more along the lines of what should happen with the character
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-05-2021 at 12:39 AM.