All-New Member

Default Reprinted Letters Pages

Hi, new here and new to the omnibus collecting. I have noticed while watching some Youtube videos that some Omnibuses actually collect the letters pages that originally came with the comics. So far as I can tell it's pretty much only a Marvel thing, It showed up in Amazing Spider-man and Uncanny X-Men and I think Morbius. Is there anyway I can find a list or at least have an idea of which Omnibuses collects the letter pages of the issues. For me having them more complete like this is a major plus and I'd like to focus on getting those first. Thanks again and if this has already been answered please feel free to guide me to the correct area.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Hello, and welcome!

To my knowledge, Marvel only reprints the letters pages in older collections (Silver/Bronze age?). The Uncanny X-Men omnibus's are the only ones that old that I actually buy myself, so I can't say for sure. There are definitely no letters pages reprinted in any of the 90's - now collections, although I wish they were!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'd imagine any of the older "big" titles are going to have them. I've had Spider-Men, X-Men, and Dr. Strange with them in there.

I enjoy reading them, though I admit by then end of an omni I just tend to skim over them. I feel like one of the silver-age Spidey omnis actually has a letter from David Michelinie in it.

All-New Member

Thanks For the responses. As a kid one of my favourite things to do was read the letters page first. I lived in a smaller area and often it was my only way to catch up on stories I had missed . Also it let me know there were other geeks out there like me, when you are the only kid in your town reading this stuff it's a life line Thankfully geekdom has come to the forefront. I don't think I have any Omnibuses with letters pages yet but hopefully in the near future.