Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I think Cluemaster works better for Steph more than Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think Cluemaster works better for Steph more than Tim.
    I know, I know, it's a bad example. My point is that Tim's post-Robin name should mean something to him, the same way Dick and Jason took names that mattered to them, rather than some random superhero-y name pulled out of a hat.

And it's been years and years since I read any of Tim's old solo stories, so I can't really remember anything that stood out as a "this could be his new name" moment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like Cardinal for Tim Drake, but I agree with some people here that it would be kind of generic and maybe too derivative of Robin.
    So I thought of Sonar, which has the obvious bat connection but would also be a nod to his detective skills.
    With a codename like this, they could really lean into his detective side and make him a bigger player in the DCU like Oracle has allowed Babs to become.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Cardinal for Tim Drake, but I agree with some people here that it would be kind of generic and maybe too derivative of Robin.
    So I thought of Sonar, which has the obvious bat connection but would also be a nod to his detective skills.
    With a codename like this, they could really lean into his detective side and make him a bigger player in the DCU like Oracle has allowed Babs to become.
    Sonar is the name of a GL villain.

For Conner Kent
    -kon-el
    -The Scion
    -Sentinel
    -Synergy
    -Powerboy

Not Supernova, sounds to kiddie or silver agey, when he is needing a very firm strong adult hero name.

Scion was the name of the episode of Smallville that introduced Conner, plus scion and Synergy both describe his hybrid DNA, how he was created(Cadmus and lex), and his powerset(kryptonian and TTK).
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

This is the most fun topic in comics in my opinion, although I have very strong opinions on the subject so perhaps it won't be that fun, but let's give it a whirl.

Calling every member of the Green Lantern Corps "GL" is terribly boring.
    Hal Jordan has "Highball", but does that really work as a codename?

Scion works better for Damian than Jon/Conner.

Scion works better for Damian than Jon/Conner.
    It can work for either kon or damian, I don't think Jon so much, but the other 2 could easily go with thst name
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Wallace could be "the Blitz".
    I use Kid Lantern for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    That codename would work for either Tai Pham or Keli Quintela (Teen Lantern) since the latter is only 12 years old.

I'd say it's good for Wallace because he inherited a lot from Wally so why not that as well?

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Sentinel sounds cool for one of the Superboys. I think I narrowly prefer Rook over Cardinal for Tim. I’m a huge dork so of course I’m more concerned with his primary color. “Red Robin” is too close to “Red Hood”. Black, purple, yellow, and blue are already used. I think teal or green could look good on a costume, depending on the artist. Using that color (instead of another red themed superhero) would mean Cardinal wouldn’t make as much sense - hence using Rook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why? He isn't a Lantern.

He will most likely wield a ring some day.

Conner Kent should be the sherrif of metropolis. He's the golden age Superman, the trust buster type wearing jeans and boots and everyone knows where his steel reinforced apartment is and can visit him for help or to start trouble if they dare. From when the sun rises till it disappears, the city of Metropolis has the wrecking ball of a man called Sundown.

Tim Drake becomes the urban legend ghost story that Batman used to be but no longer is. People don't even know if it's a mystical being or just a man in costume. Like the masked vigilantes of the 40s named "The Vision" "The Shadow" "The Spectre" "Phantom Stranger" he creates this mystical being that floats around the alleys in the deep night, watching every criminal. When you see a floating white light surrounded by smoke you are in the presence of Gaslight

I was looking for names that could both work as individual solo titles and be put next to the other people in the family and not feel "off".

Superman and Sundown.
    Batman, Nightwing and Gaslight.

They also must invoke the feeling of these specific archetypes I desire for them. Sundown even sounds like a famous strongman called "Sandow". Tim is basically a rework of Gray Ghost, except with a name that doesn't callback to a confederate hero and that reads better off the tongue. Gray Ghost doesn't flow as well as Gaslight to me.

Alternatively, they could be called Sundowner and Gaslighter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-31-2021 at 04:34 PM.