Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Gaslighter reminds me of gaslighting. I'd rather not associate a hero with psychological abuse.

Gaslight was inspired by "Gotham by Gaslight". That said, gaslighting also alludes to the idea that Tim is creating this mystical figure that haunts criminals making them paranoid that some kind of dark angel or demon with supernatural powers is hunting people down. He is manipulating them.

I also sort of like the sound of Vaporgaze but I think the two words put together in writing visually look strange.
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-31-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    There’s the whole Hotspot issue with one of his code names being Joto too
    Joto's an example of a name I'd wish they'd go back to. It's an actual word in Swahili, and has relevance to the character's heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Cyndy Reynolds needs a new name, to avoid possible scandals. "Wanderer" could fit her.
    I disagree that potential scandals should force us to change codenames. I like Gypsy fine.

The Wonder Twins should have code names, Zan could be called Downpour and for Jayna, she could be Shifter from their DCAU counterparts.

Since Caitlin Snow is now a hero she can be renamed as Glacier instead of Killer Frost or Frost it is too close to the original and Louise Lincoln.

I wonder should Vic's codename 'Cyborg' be renamed since there are characters in the DCUniverse who are cyborgs such as Metallo, Cyborg Superman, Brainiac, etc.
    Last edited by Incognito; 04-01-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I disagree that potential scandals should force us to change codenames. I like Gypsy fine.
    I would rename her "Disbelief" as her traditional powers are illusion casting.

I'd make her apart of the Gypsy community. Her grandparents should be Gypsies Martian Manhunter protected from the Nazis.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-01-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I have definitely thought of Phoenix, but thought Marvel had that wrapped up.
    DC and Marvel have shared codenames.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Conner Kent should be the sherrif of metropolis. He's the golden age Superman, the trust buster type wearing jeans and boots and everyone knows where his steel reinforced apartment is and can visit him for help or to start trouble if they dare. From when the sun rises till it disappears, the city of Metropolis has the wrecking ball of a man called Sundown.

Tim Drake becomes the urban legend ghost story that Batman used to be but no longer is. People don't even know if it's a mystical being or just a man in costume. Like the masked vigilantes of the 40s named "The Vision" "The Shadow" "The Spectre" "Phantom Stranger" he creates this mystical being that floats around the alleys in the deep night, watching every criminal. When you see a floating white light surrounded by smoke you are in the presence of Gaslight

I was looking for names that could both work as individual solo titles and be put next to the other people in the family and not feel "off".

Superman and Sundown.
    Batman, Nightwing and Gaslight.

They also must invoke the feeling of these specific archetypes I desire for them. Sundown even sounds like a famous strongman called "Sandow". Tim is basically a rework of Gray Ghost, except with a name that doesn't callback to a confederate hero and that reads better off the tongue. Gray Ghost doesn't flow as well as Gaslight to me.

Alternatively, they could be called Sundowner and Gaslighter
    Sundowner works better than Gaslighter. Unless you wanna deal with the modern day definition in the story itself. A darker take on Tim would be more manipulative than being more physical. He would be closer to BBC Sherlock or Izaya Orihara from DRRR!!!! in my opinion.

I suggest shortening Vaporgaze to just Vapor.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-01-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Some name ideas:
    Caitlin Snow - Snow Woman, Snowflake
    Gypsy - Fantasy Woman, Invisibella
    Cyborg - Cybernetrix, Cyber, Silver Cyborg

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Sundowner is just a little too close to Sundowners which is a mental illness associated mostly with elderly as a stage of early dementia and Alzheimers, so definitely not a good code name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Some name ideas:
    Caitlin Snow - Snow Woman, Snowflake
    Gypsy - Fantasy Woman, Invisibella
    Cyborg - Cybernetrix, Cyber, Silver Cyborg
    I'd just call Caitlin "Frost" and drop "Killer". Invisibella and Cyber appeal to me the most.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-01-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Frigid for Caitlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I always thought Sentinel would work pretty well for Conner.
    Sentinel is apparently some vague reference, but, in less vague terms, Alex Danvers is Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Tim Drake becomes the urban legend ghost story that Batman used to be but no longer is. People don't even know if it's a mystical being or just a man in costume. Like the masked vigilantes of the 40s named "The Vision" "The Shadow" "The Spectre" "Phantom Stranger" he creates this mystical being that floats around the alleys in the deep night, watching every criminal. When you see a floating white light surrounded by smoke you are in the presence of Gaslight

I was looking for names that could both work as individual solo titles and be put next to the other people in the family and not feel "off".

Superman and Sundown.
    Batman, Nightwing and Gaslight.

They also must invoke the feeling of these specific archetypes I desire for them. Sundown even sounds like a famous strongman called "Sandow". Tim is basically a rework of Gray Ghost, except with a name that doesn't callback to a confederate hero and that reads better off the tongue. Gray Ghost doesn't flow as well as Gaslight to me.

Alternatively, they could be called Sundowner and Gaslighter
    I'm all for Tim Drake becoming a modernized version of the classic Grey Ghost character since he was denied the intended BLUE BEETLE mantle, and he would have been a great QUESTION as well.
    For the name of this hipster (?) generation ghostly detective would be DUSK.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.