Kon- Supernova
    Tim- Hatch
    Wallace West- Mercury
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Cassie- Olympia
    Kon- Supernova
    Tim- Hatch
    Wallace West- Mercury
    But we already have a Max Mercury. Too close to me.

I'd actually shy away from Greek or Amazon themed names for Cassie. I know it's not popular, but I don't even like her being Zeus' daughter (as opposed to simply asking for powers, as she originally did), and even if she is his daughter, her mother the parent who raised her and taking her superhero identity aspect/name from the absentee dad instead just seems kinda distasteful. And she's not an Amazon like Diana, Donna, etc. That's not her heritage.

I admit, I'm not really a fan of the "themed" names - so all "Supers" and all bird names for former Robins (who was originally named after Robin Hood, anyway) just seems a bit unoriginal. I want their new identities/codenames to be theirs, not derived from the identities of others in the "family." More individualistic would be more desirable to me. Names that are more about the person, less about the family. For me, the whole point it not being sidekicks/offshoots/secondary members/support characters anymore, so I want names that don't make you think of that. Being out of the "primary" hero's shadow, so they can (in-universe, at least) be primary heroes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always liked the codename Sentinel for Connor but IIRC (could be wrong) Alan Scott has it back now.

Donna Troy pretty much does not need a codename as far as I know she does not have a secret identity she is pretty relaxed about not concealing her identity. She once goes by the name Troia but it has a different meaning in Italy. If she does have a codename maybe she can go by Asteria who was the Titan goddess of the stars.

Tim Drake could be Cardinal and Cassie could be Fury. I got used to Cassandra Cain's codename, Orphan, but I think Silhouette could be a nice name for her.

Since Wallace West is the only teenage speedster who goes by the name, Kid Flash, Avery can go by the name Celerity or Trajectory. Irey and Jay could both go by the name Sprint and Turbocharger, it was the name for the characters who appeared in The Flash New 52 comics before they were killed by Daniel West.
    Fury is going to be a problem if somebody ever decides to bring back Lyta Hall (especially with Diana/Steve being more popular now). I would rather Cassie get something that isn't another character's name. Likewise, I think Red Robin is fine for Tim Drake. I agree with the rest though, especially Silhouette for Cass.
    Last edited by John Venus; 03-05-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Fury is going to be a problem if somebody ever decides to bring back Lyta Hall (especially with Diana/Steve being more popular now). I would rather Cassie get something that isn't another character's name. Likewise, I think Red Robin is fine for Tim Drake. I agree with the rest though, especially Silhouette for Cass.

For Cassie, how about Dike? :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dike_(mythology)

Watch out world! Here comes the Dike! Fear the might of the all-powerful Dike!
    Mel Brooks? Is that you?

Kidding aside, the slur might be out of fashion, but I don't think it would fly today.

Crap. I thought Dyke was just slang not a slur.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like that for Kon pretty well. Not entirely sure on Wallace, since I associate that with bombing, not speed, but it could work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend
    Blitz is associated with the Nazis - it's the name of their bombings on the UK. No superhero should be called that.
    I have to disagree with you both there. Blitz comes from Blitzen, the German word for lightning. It is totally associated with speed.

I'm from the UK and I'm a fan of Donner and Blitzen (from "Shadow Cabinet"). I have no problem with their codenames. It's classic turning a negative into a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I have to disagree with you both there. Blitz comes from Blitzen, the German word for lightning. It is totally associated with speed.

I'm from the UK and I'm a fan of Donner and Blitzen (from "Shadow Cabinet"). I have no problem with their codenames. It's classic turning a negative into a positive.
    I know what the word means. I'm just saying "the blitz" is the first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Blitz." The second thing is the term "quarterback blitz" but it's far more vague as I know nothing about football and don't even know if it's an actual term or something I heard in a movie or whatnot.

I always liked the codename Sentinel for Connor but IIRC (could be wrong) Alan Scott has it back now.

Donna Troy pretty much does not need a codename as far as I know she does not have a secret identity she is pretty relaxed about not concealing her identity. She once goes by the name Troia but it has a different meaning in Italy. If she does have a codename maybe she can go by Asteria who was the Titan goddess of the stars.

Tim Drake could be Cardinal and Cassie could be Fury. I got used to Cassandra Cain's codename, Orphan, but I think Silhouette could be a nice name for her.

Since Wallace West is the only teenage speedster who goes by the name, Kid Flash, Avery can go by the name Celerity or Trajectory. Irey and Jay could both go by the name Sprint and Turbocharger, it was the name for the characters who appeared in The Flash New 52 comics before they were killed by Daniel West.
    Silhouette is perfect and about 100x better than Orphan and Black Bat.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The Outsider could work for Tim if he quit superheroing and went on to be a plain-clothes detective consultant for the GCPD.

That's what I would title his comic- "Tim Drake: the Outsider".

"Not a superhero. Not a cop. Who is he?" Is the blurb.

DC you get a freebie. .

That is if Silhouette at Marvel is okay with her name being used.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Honestly id they are going to keep Barbra as Batgirl they should just sue the Oracle name for Tim. There are so many Robins and other knock off Robins they could just have Time retire from active duty and take up the Oracle role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Cassie- Olympia
    Kon- Supernova
    Tim- Hatch
    Wallace West- Mercury
    I like Olympia for Cassie is she still the daughter of Zeus?

Maybe Wallace could be Velocity? Or didn’t he like to work on cars on the tv show? Yeah Velocity or some derivative similar like Maximum Velocity, Turbo, or something like that.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Crap. I thought Dyke was just slang not a slur.
    Not being in the described group, I won't speak for anybody. I've just never heard it used affectionately.

Donna Troy - Miss Titan
    Wally West - Speedbolt
    Kimiyo Hoshi - Dr. Energy
    Ryan Choi - Subatomic Man

Avery's name should be Shǎn (闪), which is Flash or Lightning in Simplified Chinese (at least that's what came up in Google Translate). All of the Justice League of China's names are actually supposed to be Chinese translations of the English names.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I like Olympia for Cassie is she still the daughter of Zeus?
    Granddaughter. Diana is Zeus's daughter now.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-05-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman