Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Kaldur (Aqualad)- Stingray (I know this is a Marvel character but I don't think he's popular enough to cause a problem)

I'm open to suggestions though
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Btw Alchemist is a really good name for Element Lad.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Maybe he can get a metallic suit and call himself the 'Fullmetal Alchemist'.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Kaldur (Aqualad)- Stingray (I know this is a Marvel character but I don't think he's popular enough to cause a problem)

I'm open to suggestions though
    Even if Marvel isn't a problem there, I think the rights owners of the Gerry Anderson puppet shows might be. Stingray is the name of one of his Supermarionation shows like Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Damian's new code name should be Lil Bat or Bat Jr.
    The J-man

[QUOTE=MadFacedKid;5413680]I like Olympia for Cassie is she still the daughter of Zeus?

Maybe Wallace could be Velocity? Or didn’t he like to work on cars on the tv show? Yeah Velocity or some derivative similar like Maximum Velocity, Turbo, or something like that.[/QU

Zeus is Cassie's grandfather (her father is Lennox)
    Please Remain Calm

Jace Fox should be the Outsider because he is a literal outsider to his family. A joke answer would be the Vulture because he was the Vulture in the 1980s.

http://worldofblackheroes.com/2020/1...fox-character/

Disclaimer: Legionnaire names are throwbacks and corny purposefully. Nostalgia is built into the origin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dream Girl wouldn't have worked for the TV character as she's trans.
    Does Dreamer have a chosen pronoun etc? If they identify as a trans woman then Dream Girl is still in play; perhaps especially since the term "Dream Girl" is aspirational for those who adore women.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-14-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Scion would work for Lor-Zod more than Jon or Connor. I can't see either of them picking Scion for themselves.

Umbra also works if you wanna give Lor darkness powers. Like he had back when he was Nightwing during the New Krypton era.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-14-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Beast Boy never should've dropped Changeling.

Donna Troy...should just be Donna Troy. It's a pretty sweet name, and you're not likely to get a codename that's better. But if she must have one, then I say give her a role and purpose to go along with it and make her the Harbinger of the multiverse again. That was a pretty interesting idea that shouldn't have been abandoned so quickly and "Donna Troy, Multiversal Harbinger" is a pretty badass title.

I haven't had a chance to read any of the Yara Flor stuff and have no idea if it makes more sense for her to be Wonder Girl or if Cassie should keep the name. If Yara gets Wonder Girl, Cassie can be, I dunno, Fury, or Erinyes, or Olympian, or....I dunno, I like Fury. It has history.

As for all the Bats.....

I think Tim Drake should retire the cape and be a civilian supporting cast player (for now) honestly, which kinda fixes the codename problem. Private investigator Drake, or GCPD detective Drake. If Tim must keep the mask on, his post-Robin name shouldn't be some generic BS thing, it should have meaning to him, just as Nightwing and Red Hood did for Dick and Jason. So what from Tim's past is going to stick out and inspire him to take up a new name? Cluemaster maybe?

I'd prefer Barbara as Oracle. Nothing about the name says she can't kick ass too. And Cass and Steph can share the Batgirl mantle, or Cass can have it while Steph keeps Spoiler. I'm pretty meh about Steph and pro Cass, so my opinion can't be trusted here.

Barry and Wally should both be the Flash. Wally earned that sh*t twice over. Oh and Jay remains Flash too. We've handled three Flashes for years, we're fine. I like Wallace as Kid Flash, and Bart as Impulse. I like just plain ol' Jesse Quick for Jesse, and Kid Quick for our new Jess of earth-whatever(11?). If we get back ten year old Jai and Irey, then I like the idea of Jai becoming the new (heroic) Turtle and Irey....I had the idea that she would pick her own name and it'd be ridiculous, so what would a hyper active speedster ten year old girl call herself? Princess Speed? Captain Fast? The Blur? Can't say I know the character well enough to really guess. Is it possible to steal Speedy from the Green Arrow folks, because that'd be pretty solid. Nobody's using Speedy are they?

I think Conner Kent should be Power Boy. He's always been a bit of a black sheep in the family, and now Jon's taken Conner's place as heir apparent. I can see Conner, free of that burden, finding a lot of common ground with Power Girl. And I like the idea of the Super family having a few Power cousins....sorta like the afore mentioned Flashes and Quicks.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-14-2021 at 08:38 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I can't see Steph approving of Tim taking her father's codename.

The just announced Green Arrow 80th anniversary special has Mia Dearden on the cover, so it looks like Speedy's about to come back. You're quite right that the name has been dormant for the past 10 years (Mia did briefly show up in New 52, but was only there for one arc and didn't suit up).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like Asteria the most for Donna, but Troia is fine too (the hate for this name is absolutely ridiculous).

And it's a shame Flamebird is associated with Bette, it would've been perfect for the post-Oracle Babs.

Beast Boy never should've dropped Changeling.
    I definitely agree with that one.

Well, they'd not be able to use Livewire (Super villain), Leviathan (as in Event Leviathan) or Inferno (now being used by a Marvel character) for those characters nowadays.

I assume that's where the Supergirl TV show got the name Dreamer from. Though Dream Girl wouldn't have worked for the TV character as she's trans.
    Well, DC used Inferno as a codename first, so they probably still could if they wanted.
    And TV Dreamer IS a girl. The fact she is trans doesn't change that. Dreamer is still a better codename, even for a cis girl, thought.

I can't see Steph approving of Tim taking her father's codename.
    No it'd be pretty weird, but I can't think of many big moments in Tim's history that would lend themselves to a new moniker. I mean, there's Cluemaster, because Tim fought the guy quite a bit in the early days (I think? Been forever since I read the old stuff) and is now dating Steph, and there's Captain Boomerang who killed Tim's dad, but Tim taking that name would be as messed up as all hell. So someone with a better memory of Tim's history would have to step in here.

I'd still rather have him leave the capes behind for now. He never intended to be a superhero forever, it'd make sense for him to retire. And he can always put a costume back on down the road, if him being a civilian doesn't work out.

The just announced Green Arrow 80th anniversary special has Mia Dearden on the cover, so it looks like Speedy's about to come back. You're quite right that the name has been dormant for the past 10 years (Mia did briefly show up in New 52, but was only there for one arc and didn't suit up).
    I liked Mia quite a bit but I feel like her story has been told, and there's limited value in her return. Not that I'd fight against it, because I did like the character, but I'd be okay with the Flashes stealing the Speedy name for Irey regardless.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.