Default Are the X-books still doing okay on the charts?

When Hickman took over, the X-books seemed to be off to a great start. It was really nice seeing so many X-books in the top 20.

I haven’t seen a top 100 on Diamond Comics since October.
    6. X-Men #13
    7. Wolverine #6
    12. X-Force #13
    14. Marauders #13
    15. New Mutants #13
    19. Excalibur #13
    20. Hellions #6
    36. Cable #5

—> in September all books were doing worse, so I think this was a sales bump due to X of Swords.
    8. X-Men #12
    20. Wolverine #5
    22. Giant Size X-Men Storm
    23. X-Factor #4
    38. Hellions #4
    40. X-Force #12
    41. Excalibur #12
    45. Marauders #12
    47. New Mutants #12
    50. X-Factor #3
    55. Cable #4

The only recent sales chart I have been able to find is this, a top 20 for January. The only X-book here is X-Men #17 at no 20. But there are a lot of Future State issues here (a DC event?) so I guess things will look different for February.
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-january-2021

Does anyone know of a better way to keep track of how the X-books are doing? It seems like they are doing okay but that maybe there are too many books at the moment and they are spreading themselves too thin?

This is what Marvel tends to do with the X-titles, they over saturate us fans with them.
    My main X-titles atm are X-Men, X-Force, S.W.O.R.D and Hellions.
    I'll look at Marauders and browse Wolverine.
    But I'm not a fan of Excalibur, X-Factor, New Mutants or Cable (which ends soon).
    I'll suss out Children of the Atom and X-Corp in only a short series.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I also enjoy keeping track of the sales of comicbooks and it's gotten pretty hard lately with the pandemic and store closures, not to mention DC splitting from Diamond.

But even though looking at the full Top 100 by Diamond of old wouldn't quite give you the full picture on the health of a given book, you could still see that a book like Cable for example was in danger of cancellation. When you place so low with your fourth issue, unless you're doing sensationally well in trades or digital, you can almost guarantee that a book will not make it past issue 12, which is exactly what happened with Cable.

Unless you have shares in Marvel, why does it matter if x-books are doing good on charts?

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Unless you have shares in Marvel, why does it matter if x-books are doing good on charts?
    Assessments of the impact of how things are treated/handled, decisions on whether or not to get invested (emotionally and financially) in a book, plans for fan work and discussion, determining likely outcomes and mental preparation for those outcomes, etc.

At one point I commissioned a piece of art of Lorna and Wanda hanging out that was made specifically to boost awareness of All-New X-Factor in advance of the two getting to spend time together in All-New X-Factor #14. I think I would have commissioned it regardless of sales because my main reason for the commission was "Marvel's not promoting this like they should so I'll do it," but if ANXF had been a chart topper at the time where everyone's buying it then maybe I would have felt differently.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Even the lowest selling X-titles outsell a lot of other Marvel books. Just saying. The mutants are top dogs again. We can all celebrate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The mutants are top dogs again. We can all celebrate that.
    Amen to that brother! I love it when the books are so damn good that I’m excited every Wednesday and that is how this Krakoa stuff has been for me so far!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Anybody know how Hellions and Xfactor are doing?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Even the lowest selling X-titles outsell a lot of other Marvel books. Just saying. The mutants are top dogs again. We can all celebrate that.
    Not what I'm seeing on sales

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Assessments of the impact of how things are treated/handled, decisions on whether or not to get invested (emotionally and financially) in a book, plans for fan work and discussion, determining likely outcomes and mental preparation for those outcomes, etc.

At one point I commissioned a piece of art of Lorna and Wanda hanging out that was made specifically to boost awareness of All-New X-Factor in advance of the two getting to spend time together in All-New X-Factor #14. I think I would have commissioned it regardless of sales because my main reason for the commission was "Marvel's not promoting this like they should so I'll do it," but if ANXF had been a chart topper at the time where everyone's buying it then maybe I would have felt differently.
    And I gonna add how much a book might value on future speculation. Smaller runs can be very profitable later
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-08-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Speaking only for myself: first of all, I do own Disney shares, although comics sales don't affect those even remotely. And secondly, I like keeping up with sales because I want my favourite franchise in comics to succeed, I wanna see how X-Men books compare to other books in the charts, I want to try and guess which books will be cancelled... lots of fun to be had with comicbook charts.