Spectacular Member

Default Mighty Avengers: complete collection worth it for a Quicksilver fan

So I’ve just a finished reading Peter David’s X-Factor run from the 90s and I’ve been looking for another title with Quicksilver as one of the main characters so I’m thinking of perhaps getting The Mighty Avengers complete collection from the late 00s. Is that a good title with enough Pietro or would you recommend something else.

You should read All-New X-Factor
    Pietro is really well written in it

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'll definitely recommend the early naughties Mighty Avengers run by Dan Slott which was a very fun series featuring Quicksilver in a central role. There was also a pretender pretending to be the Pretender which was quite fun.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    You should read All-New X-Factor
    Pietro is really well written in it
    I have. That’s what got me into him, haha!

Spectacular Member

Which issues is Pietro the central role in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    So I’ve just a finished reading Peter David’s X-Factor run from the 90s and I’ve been looking for another title with Quicksilver as one of the main characters so I’m thinking of perhaps getting The Mighty Avengers complete collection from the late 00s. Is that a good title with enough Pietro or would you recommend something else.
    You should definitely try Avengers Academy. Although Pietro is not he focus character, he has some good moments and is portrayed in an overall positive light.

But maybe it's better to read the Son of M miniseries before getting into Mighty or Academy.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    You should definitely try Avengers Academy. Although Pietro is not he focus character, he has some good moments and is portrayed in an overall positive light.

But maybe it's better to read the Son of M miniseries before getting into Mighty or Academy.
    AA was another title I’ve been juggling with. I haven’t read Son of M but I’ve read enough about it to know what happened. Which of these two would you recommend more - MA or AA?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I actually like him in the FIRST Vision and Scarlet Witch series from the 80's despite him not being the main focus. With stunning artwork by Rick Leonardi.

AA was another title I’ve been juggling with. I haven’t read Son of M but I’ve read enough about it to know what happened. Which of these two would you recommend more - MA or AA?
    If it has to be an "or", I guess Mighty Avengers. I prefer Pietro's protratal in Avengers Academy, but the focus of the story is more on the students than on the teachers (doesn't mean they don't have good moments too). You'll get more Pietro stuff in Mighty Avengers, IIRC.

If you have room for both series, then Mighty Avengers comes first chronologically.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    If it has to be an "or", I guess Mighty Avengers. I prefer Pietro's protratal in Avengers Academy, but the focus of the story is more on the students than on the teachers (doesn't mean they don't have good moments too). You'll get more Pietro stuff in Mighty Avengers, IIRC.

If you have room for both series, then Mighty Avengers comes first chronologically.

Awesome!
    I wish they give him more solo stuff. Kinda sad that he’s been a character since the 50s and he’s yet to have his own ongoing series that isn’t a limited title (‘97, ‘06 & ‘18). Also wish they make him a mutant again and have him in a X title. I love Peter David’s X-Factor from the 90s, I’d pay good money for a reunion run.
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 04-21-2021 at 12:10 PM.