Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

The pandemic and leaning into Disney+ as the future is a massive shift. It allows them fast track a lot of properties for the small screen that prior to this they would’ve been trying to slot into a film schedule, which is much different and has a longer lead time. Think about it. For a big box office release you’re typically A) spending more money and B) competing with all other studios to find the right opening weekend. As such, you’re kind of limited, even if you’re Disney, to 3-4 films per year. Tops.

With Disney+, on the other hand, you can release a new 6-8 episode show every 6-8 weeks (assuming you don’t want them to overlap). With 52 weeks in a year that allows you to release 6-8 shows comfortably. So roughly doubles your capacity. Plus, if you’re still doing feature films concurrently which will get “day and date” release (like Black Widow will now)... well, that gives you tremendous opportunity to accelerate. Because if you’re still releasing 3-4 films per year, and can do 6-8 shows per year... now you’ve effectively tripled your capacity. And why wouldn’t you? It’s not like Feige has been sitting on his hands during the pandemic. He’s been working, and mapping this stuff out for years to come. My guess is that at some point you’ll pay extra for “premium content” like movies and perhaps even these shows, so that if you want to get them when they come out you pay a fee. Otherwise you wait until the 6-8 episode series has completed and they release it all at once to subscribers. Something like that is coming to replace lost box office gross. Count on it.

So my bet is the X-men are no longer 4-5 years away. We’ll start to see the mutants pop up sooner than that, and the Wolverine (or Weapon X) anthology series makes so much sense to me as a way to introduce that character. I know it’s a rumor, but it’s one that makes perfect sense to me and I could definitely see that being in the early stages right now.

Let me add that this doesn’t mean we won’t see mutant film projects. I still believe we’ll get an X-men big budget movie franchise. But this allows them to accelerate the build up to that via Disney+ shows, such as introducing Wolverine via a solo Dis+ show first. Which would be great because it gives that character time to breathe, and means that he won’t be the focus of the eventual X-men team film. Win-win.

Honestly, at this point if I’m Feige I’ve been working for some time now on my mutant plans and how specifically I want to differentiate the MCU X-men from the FOX versions. I have some of my own ideas on that front, but of course will be interested to see what Kevin Feige and Marvel actually do here... and how quickly they can now get it done.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-19-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I'm talking about things like Civil War...
    What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What's the difference?
    The difference being, it was a adaption but not a strict one.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There was a rumor a while back that Marvel was considering doing Ultimatum which would be definitely be quite a way to introduce Magneto

There’s another rumor circulating that Deadpool 3 will lead to a PG-13 X-Force film starring Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz, and that would bridge Deadpool 3 (which is R-rated) with the rest of the MCU. It’s from a site that’s not very reputable, mind you, but this rumor keeps popping up too from time to time. It’s almost as pervasive as the Wolverine solo movie or Disney+ ones.

Again, where there’s smoke... could there be fire? Perhaps. Maybe both things are being talked about now within the halls of Marvel Studios? A guy can always hope...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    There was a rumor a while back that Marvel was considering doing Ultimatum which would be definitely be quite a way to introduce Magneto
    And quite the way to write out Evangeline Lilly.

Mutants can of course pop up here and there.... And I can't wait for it instead of all these other Avengers cameos we get all the time. But.... we still need to introduce the concept of Mutants in the MCU. And it's driving me crazy on where, when and how they are going to do it...

I was very hopeful Wandavision would be the beginning of it...but maybe it's just the spark and Doctor Strange 2 will be where it starts...or Eternals?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Harsh. I don't think they'd fridge another Wasp for Magneto of all people

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Mutants can of course pop up here and there.... And I can't wait for it instead of all these other Avengers cameos we get all the time. But.... we still need to introduce the concept of Mutants in the MCU. And it's driving me crazy on where, when and how they are going to do it...

I was very hopeful Wandavision would be the beginning of it...but maybe it's just the spark and Doctor Strange 2 will be where it starts...or Eternals?
    I feel mutants being introduced in Eternals is one of those rumours many sites just repeat but without any veracity to it. I don't think the origin of mutants and what they've been up to so far will be revealed before the first proper X-Men movie or show. That doesn't mean characters can't be introduced before that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I feel mutants being introduced in Eternals is one of those rumours many sites just repeat but without any veracity to it. I don't think the origin of mutants and what they've been up to so far will be revealed before the first proper X-Men movie or show. That doesn't mean characters can't be introduced before that though.
    How old will MCU Reed and Sue be? Even if they are as young as in their early 30's/late 20's, there's a great chance Franklin will be one of the first mutants to be introduced in the movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How old will MCU Reed and Sue be? Even if they are as young as in their early 30's/late 20's, there's a great chance Franklin will be one of the first mutants to be introduced in the movies.
    I'd rather they be around Iron Man's age or a bit younger. Then we can get reality-manipulating Franklin.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Emilia Clarke was cast in Secret Invasion and some are guessing she could be Abigail Brand.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Emilia Clarke was cast in Secret Invasion and some are guessing she could be Abigail Brand.
    I was just wondering about that myself! Khaleesi for Agent Brand, I can definitely see that.

That would be cool. She would make for a cool Betsy Braddock also if maybe STRIKE is involved somehow.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I feel bad for laughing at this.