Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I kind of like the idea of starting with just The Mutants, about all the mutants cropping up in society and how they use their powers for good or ill; and then potentially the X-Men grows out of that. People already know the X-Men, so they could easily either skip the origin story, a la Spider-man, or go for a more drawn out introduction that changes things up a bit from the familiar origins (as First Class kind of did for its first half).

There's been a few X series that really push the mutant experience as a found-family, as in NYX, so there's a lot of space to mine outside of Charles forming a cadre of child soldiers to beat up his ex for him.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 03-05-2021 at 06:52 AM.

It really wouldn't be that difficult or mess up continuity at all to do something as simple as saying the snap brought a living island to the mcu when it was undone and there are residents living on it. Hiding the island from scans for a few months while mutants get acquainted with their new residence could actually help continuity. But whatever they decide i just can't see it being worst than what we had. i mean it's possible but someone would really have to work at it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It really wouldn't be that difficult or mess up continuity at all to do something as simple as saying the snap brought a living island to the mcu when it was undone and there are residents living on it. Hiding the island from scans for a few months while mutants get acquainted with their new residence could actually help continuity. But whatever they decide i just can't see it being worst than what we had. i mean it's possible but someone would really have to work at it.
    I heard Zach Snyder is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I heard Zach Snyder is available.
    I really can't say much about him. I don't think i've ever seen any of his movies.

Correction: Just searched i saw 300.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-05-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Whether this is the working title or the actual title I think this is good news either way, if true. Gimme MCU X-Men!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Forget about content, I'm worried about the basic-ass styling nearly every MCU actors gets, 90s!Brie Larson in Captain Marvel and Zendaya aside.

That AWFUL back-combed wig on spoilers:
    Scarlet Witch
    end of spoilers? Agatha's eye makeup? Wanda's whole look pre-WandaVision? The monstrosity of a bob-wig Evangeline Lilly had in the first Ant-Man? 2020s Captain Marvel?

Every aesthetic decision is either bland basic or NO. I am not settling for Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Raven, Jean, Emma Frost and Betsy looking like soccer moms or broke COSplayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Whether this is the working title or the actual title I think this is good news either way, if true. Gimme MCU X-Men!
    I kind of like the title. It has history as this is apparently what Stan Lee originally wanted to call the X-men but his editor hated the name The Mutants and made him change it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I really can't say much about him. I don't think i've ever seen any of his movies.

Correction: Just searched i saw 300.
    Credit where it's due. The greatest unintentionally camp masterpiece since Commando and Flash Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I kind of like the title. It has history as this is apparently what Stan Lee originally wanted to call the X-men but his editor hated the name The Mutants and made him change it.
    Yeah, that is a pretty rad callback. I don't care what they call it, I just want MCU X-Men!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nope, there's no way Marvel will begin with yet another mutant school, after 20 years of that with Fox- and it's inevitable association with alleged rapist Bryan Singer.
    I would like to think that x-men is bigger than Bryan Singer. besides Fox had already moved on from him, Logan, Deadpool 2, Dark Pheoenix, New Mutants had nothing to do with singer.

The school is a core part of the series. I once compared it to the Hogwarts of marvel comic books, you cannot take that away ,although the worrywith the school is MCU may want to turn it into Disney High than Mutant high when mutant high should be more inline with Star Trek's star fleet academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Every aesthetic decision is either bland basic or NO. I am not settling for Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Raven, Jean, Emma Frost and Betsy looking like soccer moms or broke COSplayers.
    My heart can’t take another light skinned Storm with a halloween store wig.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im not saying individual characters need movies im saying each movie should spotlight groups of characters. We shouldnt have to wait for an X-Men movie to introduce all the popular x-men. They should appear in other movies.
    Exactly. Especially since they have had such a presence in tv and film already.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I want Xavier to show up and "correct/fix" what Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are (were) - and explain that they were lied to - and that people didn't know how to classify mutants.
    I disagree. Given all the work they have done in WandaVision to set up Wanda's new status and separate her from the initial diagnosis of having tp and tk, she should remain a witch using chaos magic. It's true to the character. Making her (and posthumously Pietro) mutants does nothing for their characters in the MCU and I think provides less room for Jean when she's eventually brought in as they share a similar space in their teams (based on Wanda has been shown thus far).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Yes, they did all debut in the same issue - but Xavier was flying around the world.

Imagine -

Wolverine appears in Hulk (because Hulk is in Canada)
    Storm appears in Black Panther (II, III, IV, whatever)
    Colossus appears in Black Widow (II, III, IV, whatever)

They could easily use the existing MCU to show this is all connected, happening in the same world, AND pull in people who are NOT familiar with the X-Men.

Build up to the first X-Men movie entitled:

X-MEN: CHILDREN OF THE ATOM.
    I think the build-up is right and I love the movie title. But I think we'll have to see where some of these characters fall into other films.
    - Wolverine makes sense to appear in a Hulk film, given the publication history, but per the rights with Universal there can be no stand alone Hulk film. So unless there is a combo film set in Canada I think we're more likely to see him appear in Deadpool 3.
    - I think we may see reference to Storm in Black Panther II, but given the T'Challa is dead and will not be recast her inclusion feels less likely to happen just now. Reference of a storm goddess in Kenya would make sense tho.
    - Colossus makes sense for a future Red Room film. I'm not calling it Black Widow II or more since her character is dead and I don't think putting ANOTHER film set in the past for her feels like a good move. Maybe with Yelena, but not Natasha.
    - Rogue we'll see likely in Captain Marvel II.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    My heart can’t take another light skinned Storm with a halloween store wig.
    The what is it with Storm's hair? There are Cosplayers acing Storm at Cons all over the world.

Astonishing Member

I just want it to start the academy x kids. We had 20 years of the clarmont crew, keep them in reserves and focuse on the newer generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I just want it to start the academy x kids. We had 20 years of the clarmont crew, keep them in reserves and focuse on the newer generation.
    Wolverine And His Academy X.