Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I was just using the military unit as a comparison. They don't need to look all tactical. But my argument is that a uniform for the X-Men makes sense. I'll bring up the Fantastic Four again... they wear a uniform. The X-Men are individuals yes, but they were given a safe space together in a school to learn, train, and be accepted. That's the first iteration of the X-Men. They weren't a secret agents, gods, hulks, and armored engineers that came together to stop a global threat. They were a bunch of kids who needed a place to survive and thrive.
    That's kinda why I don't like the F4. Their uniforms are boring, and we've already had movies with boring monotonous X-Men costumes. I want to see more creativity, more art, and more color. If they're a bunch of kids who need to survive, they need to show their individual personalities even more than the Avengers, who can already show off in their own sub-franchises

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think fans are right to be cautious. I do think some of the changes to the MCU Spider-Man were good, others not so much, and others still weren't good or bad. I also think, while the Fox-Men had many good moments, they can be heavily improved on.
    Yes the large majority of Fox's stuff can be vastly improved on.......with Disney just comes potential different issues but they deserve a chance to put there best foot forward then judge from there but MCU spiderman has me somewhat wary personally.

That's kinda why I don't like the F4. Their uniforms are boring, and we've already had movies with boring monotonous X-Men costumes. I want to see more creativity, more art, and more color. If they're a bunch of kids who need to survive, they need to show their individual personalities even more than the Avengers, who can already show off in their own sub-franchises
    I don't find the FF costumes boring because there's only four of them and their powers make each of them look very unique in the field.

The X-Men don't always have to be in uniform, but to me that has to be the starting point. They're not typical superheroes, but that's what they'll be if they just come out the gate looking like that. It won't make sense if they're supposed to be this feared and ostracized community and they just come out fighting a big bad looking just like the Avengers.

I feel you though. Bryan Singer took it overboard and it even got worse as it progressed. He had one of the worst costume designers in the history of cinema (damn you, Louise Mingenbach!) that made EVERYTHING look boring and dull. So I definitely want the reboot to be as creative as possible. No black leather/rubber, PLEASE!!

I think if they pick a mix of characters that have cool looks and powers, they could really come up with something good. These weren't my absolute favorite designs, but if you're looking for color and individuality, I always really appreciated Jaime McKelvie's approach for X-men: Blue:

x-men-blue-costumes-214258-1280x0.jpg

He made an interconnected theme with all the uniforms and gave each some individual flair. Would something like this be a good start?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Yes the large majority of Fox's stuff can be vastly improved on.......with Disney just comes potential different issues but they deserve a chance to put there best foot forward then judge from there but MCU spiderman has me somewhat wary personally.
    I understand. Not all the changes were necessary or good.

I think some changes to the X-Men might be necessary. Of course, being such a wide universe, X-Men comics can provide many untold stories to keep it fresh.

Ultimate Member

I don't find the FF costumes boring because there's only four of them and their powers make each of them look very unique in the field.

The X-Men don't always have to be in uniform, but to me that has to be the starting point. They're not typical superheroes, but that's what they'll be if they just come out the gate looking like that. It won't make sense if they're supposed to be this feared and ostracized community and they just come out fighting a big bad looking just like the Avengers.

I feel you though. Bryan Singer took it overboard and it even got worse as it progressed. He had one of the worst costume designers in the history of cinema (damn you, Louise Mingenbach!) that made EVERYTHING look boring and dull. So I definitely want the reboot to be as creative as possible. No black leather/rubber, PLEASE!!

I think if they pick a mix of characters that have cool looks and powers, they could really come up with something good. These weren't my absolute favorite designs, but if you're looking for color and individuality, I always really appreciated Jaime McKelvie's approach for X-men: Blue:

x-men-blue-costumes-214258-1280x0.jpg

He made an interconnected theme with all the uniforms and gave each some individual flair. Would something like this be a good start?
    Not bad. I feel like the Avengers costumes have more of a personal theme, but these are cool.

I don't like the F4 at all, so it may just be my bias speaking. But the boring blue 4 costume never worked for me.

Honestly, I hope they don't go too far down the "world hates us stuff" that's been done to death in both movies and comics. Let's go in a different direction.

In fact, many "Mutants" allows the mutants to not be saddled with all that in the MCU.

Those are great designs!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Not bad. I feel like the Avengers costumes have more of a personal theme, but these are cool.
    I would prefer that further down the line for the X-Men, after they each come into their own.

Honestly, I hope they don't go too far down the "world hates us stuff" that's been done to death in both movies and comics. Let's go in a different direction.

In fact, many "Mutants" allows the mutants to not be saddled with all that in the MCU.
    I'm actually totally with you here. I'm not sure I'm ready for the whole Krakoa "we've been living here in paradise this whole time away from you guys" approach, but something different would be cool. If there's a multiverse element to their introduction, maybe they could do something where the X-Men have been going through it in their own reality and then collide with the main MCU and see that there are celebrated superheroes in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Those are great designs!
    Yeah! I think for film, they could work quite nicely. They're not like super superhero-ish or like the superspy bodysuit aesthetic.

As I've said before, the X-Men are just much harder to adapt in a way that makes sense. It's not like a god, an armored guy, a spy, a military super agent, a raccoon, this kind of alien, that kind of alien, another person in armor, etc.

Ultimate Member

I would prefer that further down the line for the X-Men, after they each come into their own.

I'm actually totally with you here. I'm not sure I'm ready for the whole Krakoa "we've been living here in paradise this whole time away from you guys" approach, but something different would be cool. If there's a multiverse element to their introduction, maybe they could do something where the X-Men have been going through it in their own reality and then collide with the main MCU and see that there are celebrated superheroes in that one.
    Cool. Krakoa might be a bit too big, as you said, but seeing people actually like the X-Men would be nice. I mean, how is Angel or Gambit somehow more dangerous than Iron Man or Scarlet Witch or even Ant-Man?

Ultimate Member

Yeah! I think for film, they could work quite nicely. They're not like super superhero-ish or like the superspy bodysuit aesthetic.

As I've said before, the X-Men are just much harder to adapt in a way that makes sense. It's not like a god, an armored guy, a spy, a military super agent, a raccoon, this kind of alien, that kind of alien, another person in armor, etc.
    Maybe they can start out with homemade costumes.

I prefer individualized costumes because they serve as a visual reminder that the x-men are found family. All of them have unique histories and cultural backgrounds, they don’t seem like they have any relation to each other at first glance, but they are united through their shared struggle.

Anyway, I've said my piece and folks are probably ready to move on!

I've noticed that this report has picked up steam and being shared on most news outlets.

Ultimate Member

Anyway, I've said my piece and folks are probably ready to move on!

I've noticed that this report has picked up steam and being shared on most news outlets.
    Do we think it's legit?

While they're not aliens, raccoons, spies and armored people the X-Men have as much diversity of powers and looks that it could be quite similar to adapting the Avengers but I would prefer a little more synergy in their costumes, at least for the first MCU X-Men films. As long as it isn't black freakin' leather of course.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 03-05-2021 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    While they're not aliens, raccoons, spies and armored people the X-Men have as much diversity of powers and looks that it could be quite similar to adapting the Avengers but I would prefer a little more synergy in their costumes, at least for the first MCU X-Men films. As long as it isn't black freakin' leather of course.
    They could have costume which show their powers. Iron Man looks like a robot, ant-man and spider-men look like bugs, Captain America looks like America, and so forth. The same could happen for the X-Men