Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I thought it would focus more on Mutants as a whole rather than using the X-men as a focus point.

Just a thought.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it would focus more on Mutants as a whole rather than using the X-men as a focus point.

Just a thought.
    Yeah, that's probable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    For TAS he was the team on certain episodes but he wasn't the focus for a majority of episodes. Evolution gave the teen memebers more focus than the adults. He was in Super Hero Squad too but that show mostly focused on Iron Man, Reptil, Doom and MODOK.
    I admit my memory of the show has become foggy, but i recall they actualy found a pretty good balance for using Wolverine in X-men Evolution, he appeared regulary and was an important character, but he wasn't constantly the focus, so the episodes that did focus on him were better for it (like the one introducing and bringing back X-23 or the one with the World War 2 flashbacks involving Captain America).

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Just a thought.
    Makes sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Makes sense.
    I can easily understand Marvel Studios wanting to not retread old ground and to distance themselves from previous iterations. I still suspect future MCU X-Men projects will have some kind of "X" labelling.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Like I said above, I think the ability to use Wolverine outside of the X-men team films (or The Mutants, whatever they call it) is precisely why he won’t be overused in those films. In other words, they can have their cake and eat it too by spreading the most popular mutant character around in other places (cameos in other MCU films and Dis+ shows, perhaps his own film or Dis+ show) and therefore they can focus on other mutants in the mutant ensemble films.

Win-win in my view.
    Yeah, and if they start with the X-men as teenagers, have him on the team is just weird.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, and if they start with the X-men as teenagers, have him on the team is just weird.
    Well, they could be younger X-Men, and Wolverine could be an older mentor figure

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The tagline for Eternals on their leaked merch is "Immortals Walk The Earth", which makes me think even if they do start Krakoa they'll skip the whole immortality thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The tagline for Eternals on their leaked merch is "Immortals Walk The Earth", which makes me think even if they do start Krakoa they'll skip the whole immortality thing.
    Yeah the main reason why the resurrection protocols work in the comics is because the X-Men had a revolving door of death anyways. Don’t think they need it in the movies.

Ultimate Member

I've heard some people theorize the Eternals are connected to the MCU mutants. You think so?

The Celestials certainly are, so I feel confident that will come into play in the film. They basically created the Eternals, the Deviants and seeded the potential for mutation (the X-gene) in Homo sapiens. So I feel confident that will be set up in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, they could be younger X-Men, and Wolverine could be an older mentor figure
    There's a bald fella that already plays that role.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Makes sense. Part of the fun of the resurrections protocols is seeing characters die in gruesome or weird ways without consequence. But Marvel makes family entertainment, so they're not gonna be able to do that.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-07-2021 at 02:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I personally dont like this,

there is something about teen xmen on screen, I dont think works, teen xmen should be only on tv like x-men evolution.

it is only in recent years that i began to see first class as maybe the best xmen movie and part of the reason I was so hesitant to see it that way was because the cast were young.

Also I think x-men as teenagers under the disney family umbrella would be extremely terrible from an X-Men universe story telling point of view, because disney will really want to run with the narrative that comic films are just dumb fun light entertainment for kids with this one. they likely already plan on doing so, but making xmen as teens will take that way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I personally dont like this,

there is something about teen xmen on screen, I dont think works, teen xmen should be only on tv like x-men evolution.

it is only in recent years that i began to see first class as maybe the best xmen movie and part of the reason I was so hesitant to see it that way was because the cast were young.

Also I think x-men as teenagers under the disney family umbrella would be extremely terrible from an X-Men universe story telling point of view, because disney will really want to run with the narrative that comic films are just dumb fun light entertainment for kids with this one. they likely already plan on doing so, but making xmen as teens will take that way too far.
    X-men starting as teenagers makes perfect sense because:

a) That's how they start in the comics;

b) Cyclops' arc particularly is that he gets an excessive responsibility when he's far too young for that- that is lost if he begins as an adult. Kitty too only make sense if she starts as a teen. Iceman would probably benefit from starting as a teen as well, considering his attitude.

c) Starting with young actors means it would be decades before they're too old for the role;

d) Initially sets them apart from the Avengers, who had a more than thousand year old god, a couple of middle aged men, a man out of his time and two veteran spies;

e) It makes a starker contrast to weary, cynical characters like Wolverine or Magneto;

f) It adds more drama and makes their mistakes more understandable if they are rookies;

g) Explains what the hell they were doing when Loki or Thanos showed up- the answer is that some were probably using diapers, the others in middle school;

h) If you think movies with teenagers in leading roles can only be dumb fun light movies, you should probably watch more movies.