Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Fucking Angel, who after all these movies has never been an X-Man. Say what you will about Hank and Janet not being founding Avengers at least Scott's been on the team.
    Is anything about Angel interesting? Just curious, because he and Iceman always seemed lame to me

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah the main reason why the resurrection protocols work in the comics is because the X-Men had a revolving door of death anyways. Don’t think they need it in the movies.
    Yep. Shock value deaths don't happen as much in the movies, and it's use as a story mechanism to put dead mutants on the table is irrelevant. MCU adapts Hickmans stuff a lot (most recently Infinity) but it's always generally a loose adaptation.

Ultimate Member

Yep. Shock value deaths don't happen as much in the movies, and it's use as a story mechanism to put dead mutants on the table is irrelevant. MCU adapts Hickmans stuff a lot (most recently Infinity) but it's always generally a loose adaptation.
    Well, Quicksilver was shot like a chump in the streets in AoU

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well yeah but that's because they don't plan on bringing him back

Ultimate Member

Well yeah but that's because they don't plan on bringing him back
    I know. I just thought it was an example of a stupid shock death

Ultimate Member

Still my least favorite part of that movie, teasing me with the death of Hawkeye, and then killing Quicksilver instead. And then they stomped on my heart again by doing it in Endgame, with Black Widow being the one to die instead of Hawkeye.

At this point, it's like Lucy and the football. "Hey, Hawkeye's in danger! Ha ha, he lives, but a character you liked died instead! Suckah!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Still my least favorite part of that movie, teasing me with the death of Hawkeye, and then killing Quicksilver instead. And then they stomped on my heart again by doing it in Endgame, with Black Widow being the one to die instead of Hawkeye.

At this point, it's like Lucy and the football. "Hey, Hawkeye's in danger! Ha ha, he lives, but a character you liked died instead! Suckah!"
    I hate how they sacrificed two characters for one barely there character

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    ...Also xmen did not really start until 1970s and they were older

I know how disney does their movies and they have rules for teens and even adults in their films. are you aware that spiderman in the mcu was not allowed to punch his villains because disney said he was a teen and they cant have their teen hero doing that because it sets a bad example to kids? also to make xmen teens with disney is to destroy, their content, story and themes and you dont do that with the heaviest ,and more complex universe in marvel....
    The X-Men was first published in 1963. That’s’63, not ‘73, or later. Even the Adams’ issues started in the Swingin’ Sixties.

Also, the Spider-Man prohibition on punches was in regard to the Fox cartoon in the ‘90s.

If Disney prohibits Spider-Man punching, they missed the punch in the face Spider-Man lays on Thanos at their first meeting not to mention a couple kicks. I haven’t reviewed all of the MCU-Sony fight scenes involving Spidey, but they sure seemed pretty full of fisticuffs and violence, plenty of body on body, direct, violent contact.

Anyway, I’d love the MCU X-Men to kick off with the original five as teens. That would be awesome!

Is anything about Angel interesting? Just curious, because he and Iceman always seemed lame to me
    Remender’s X-Force Archangel was pretty interesting, an on-the-edge Horseman of Apocalypse.

The Claremont-written Angel, circa X-Men #139 to 150, was the exact opposite and also interesting, full of humanity and a decent man, unwilling to even work with a killer like Wolverine.

The descent of the character was always pretty boring to me until Remender started writing him. Then the dichotomy between who he was and what he became was drawn so clear.

Angel also had the coolest costume during the Adams’ years. Or maybe Havoc did. Or maybe Magneto did. But Angel’s was up there, a really interesting character visually.

Again, I’d love to see an X-Men movie with the original five as teens, especially heavily inspired by the Adams’ issues. They were groovy AF.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-07-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    The X-Men was first published in 1963. That’s’63, not ‘73, or later. Even the Adams’ issues started in the Swingin’ Sixties.

Also, the Spider-Man prohibition on punches was in regard to the Fox cartoon in the ‘90s.

If Disney prohibits Spider-Man punching, they missed the punch in the face Spider-Man lays on Thanos at their first meeting not to mention a couple kicks. I haven’t reviewed all of the MCU-Sony fight scenes involving Spidey, but they sure seemed pretty full of fisticuffs and violence, plenty of body on body, direct, violent contact.

Anyway, I’d love the MCU X-Men to kick off with the original five as teens. That would be awesome!
    I don't know where Castle heard that, but why does Spider-Man need to punch anyone anyway? He can web them up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Remender’s X-Force Archangel was pretty interesting, an on-the-edge Horseman of Apocalypse.

The Claremont-written Angel, circa X-Men #139 to 150, was the exact opposite and also interesting, full of humanity and a decent man, unwilling to even work with a killer like Wolverine.

The descent of the character was always pretty boring to me until Remender started writing him. Then the dichotomy between who he was and what he became was drawn so clear.

Angel also had the coolest costume during the Adams’ years. Or maybe Havoc did. Or maybe Magneto did. But Angel’s was up there, a really interesting character visually.
    Thanks. I find quite a few of the X-Men characters boring, like Iceman and Angel. So this helps

I don't know where Castle heard that, but why does Spider-Man need to punch anyone anyway? He can web them up.
    Supposedly, it was a rule with the Fox Spider-Man cartoon in the ‘90s, but, you know, that was kids’ TV. I can understand why there’d be such a rule.

If memory serves they got around that rule by having Spidey kick the **** out of everybody

Ultimate Member

If memory serves they got around that rule by having Spidey kick the **** out of everybody
    But is that rule true in live action MCU?

Thanks. I find quite a few of the X-Men characters boring, like Iceman and Angel. So this helps
    Iceman also has some interesting stories here and there (I really liked his arc in Marjorie Liu’s Astonishing X-Men)! With characters this old not every story is gonna be the next Dark Phoenix Saga, but I’ve found that they all have potential.