Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. they should jump straight ahead for aversion of the Giant Sized or Outback teams. The characters, that I feel, could use a break are: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Beast, Magneto, Professor and Mystique.

Maybe it's hard to do the X-Men without the Professor but the rest I think could wait and leave space for the characters that deserve a proper spotlight and proper character development: Cyclops, Roque, Gambit, Iceman, Angel, Kurt, Betsy and specially Storm!

Jean is in a very delicate position since the MCU basically made Wanda an amalgamation of both characters...
    I agree. We had those characters for 19 years. Let's move on to new and underused ones. I mean, there are plenty of X-Men comics without Logan, Scott, Charles and Erik.

I don't care much for Jean and I like Wanda a lot, she's basically a better Jean, so I don't really know what to do with her in the MCU

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think it's safe to say Xavier and Magneto will definitely be involved. As for Wolverine, he may not be an X-Man but I think they'll definitely use him in the MCU, classic suit and all. I think the team will be something like First Class, mostly new mutants with Angel and maybe Iceman since they got comparatively less focus than the rest of the O5 across from films.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think it's safe to say Xavier and Magneto will definitely be involved. As for Wolverine, he may not be an X-Man but I think they'll definitely use him in the MCU, classic suit and all. I think the team will be something like First Class, mostly new mutants with Angel and maybe Iceman since they got comparatively less focus than the rest of the O5 across from films.
    The problem is we've seen Charles and Erik break up and make up a dozen times. I like both characters a lot but at some point you move on.

Logan is my favorite X-Man, but he takes up way too much screen time. I think they should hold off on him. In fact, in general I'm not interested in rehashing already used characters from defunct franchises, like the F4, unless they were severely underused, like Bishop in DoFP. The MCU had made billions bringing in previously unadapted characters, so why stop now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Magneto is not a self-centered villain who wants to seize control of the whole world. Killmonger was the only villain in MCU who was written decently within a film. Most of the villains were nerfed and deconstructed in MCU(like Thanos)
    It's funny how all this is wrong

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Magneto is not a self-centered villain who wants to seize control of the whole world. Killmonger was the only villain in MCU who was written decently within a film. Most of the villains were nerfed and deconstructed in MCU(like Thanos)
    Ehhhhhh is he though? Not currently but he's definitely been like that in the past.

If the Title is meant to be reminiscent of The Eternals, maybe it means the mutants are connected to that. Maybe Zhao will direct this one too, that'd be nice
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 03-11-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I agree. We had those characters for 19 years. Let's move on to new and underused ones. I mean, there are plenty of X-Men comics without Logan, Scott, Charles and Erik.

I don't care much for Jean and I like Wanda a lot, she's basically a better Jean, so I don't really know what to do with her in the MCU
    This opinion is one of my pet peeves, I think it is one of the worst opinions in all of X-men fandom. There is nothing wrong in wanting something new BUT X-men is being made because it is successful and has set stories that work. If you are going to just throw that out why use the X-men? Heck they make a movie with Eternals, that is new. Do the X-men stories that we all love and execute them as close to comics as possible.

So what about New characters and unused characters? Just like in comics when something is popular it expands, If you look at Disney's slate of tv shows you can see they won't be Fox and it won't take you 20 years to get New Mutants. If you want to see different takes there will be X-force, X-factor, Excaliber, New Mutants, New X-men, Exiles, etc will be options. Plus the popular X-men Psylocke, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Cable, Magik are more popular than some of the characters who got shows on Disney plus which means they will get used the same way.

Both ways eventually get you the same thing but leaving the story intact gives you the best chance of executing the best stories, The biggest reason Fox sucked at making Dark Phoenix saga is they simply never told the actually story because they never had the pieces around.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-11-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Ooof i don’t not know bout Wanda being a better Jean. Yes the MCU has given Wanda some similar visuals, but Jean has often been at the center of the X-Men as the heart of the team and has taken up leadership positions on several occasions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This opinion is one of my pet peeves, I think it is one of the worst opinions in all of X-men fandom. There is nothing wrong in wanting something new BUT X-men is being made because it is successful and has set stories that work. If you are going to just throw that out why use the X-men? Heck they make a movie with Eternals, that is new. Do the X-men stories that we all love and execute them as close to comics as possible.

So what about New characters and unused characters? Just like in comics when something is popular it expands, If you look at Disney's slate of tv shows you can see they won't be Fox and it won't take you 20 years to get New Mutants. If you want to see different takes there will be X-force, X-factor, Excaliber, New Mutants, New X-men, Exiles, etc will be options. Plus the popular X-men Psylocke, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Cable, Magik are more popular than some of the characters who got shows on Disney plus which means they will get used the same way.

Both ways eventually get you the same thing but leaving the story intact gives you the best chance of executing the best stories, The biggest reason Fox sucked at making Dark Phoenix saga is they simply never told the actually story because they never had the pieces around.
    Sorry, what I'm saying is let's try not to retread ground from previous movies, and do it right this time. Not saying bring no characters back, just don't redo Dark Phoenix for example. It's just the Avengers are incorporating more recent comic book characters into the MCU, and I feel the X-Men should be give the same chance

Plus, I'm not sure if those characters you listed are necessarily more popular than the currently announced D+ characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ooof i don’t not know bout Wanda being a better Jean. Yes the MCU has given Wanda some similar visuals, but Jean has often been at the center of the X-Men as the heart of the team and has taken up leadership positions on several occasions.
    I meant better version of movie Jean. I should have made that clear.

Sorry, what I'm saying is let's try not to retread ground from previous movies, and do it right this time. Not saying bring no characters back, just don't redo Dark Phoenix for example. It's just the Avengers are incorporating more recent comic book characters into the MCU, and I feel the X-Men should be give the same chance

Plus, I'm not sure if those characters you listed are necessarily more popular than the currently announced D+ characters.

I meant better version of movie Jean. I should have made that clear.
    Going off the movies pretty much everyone sucks except Logan, Xavier, Magneto, and Deadpool. Of course there were other bright spots here and there, but no one besides these 4 reached the heights of the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Going off the movies pretty much everyone sucks except Logan, Xavier, Magneto, and Deadpool. Of course there were other bright spots here and there, but no one besides these 4 reached the heights of the comics.
    I agree with that. Characters outside of those 4 need to shine.

If you rent out your house to someone and you are now using it again why would what they did do affect what you are doing? What Fox did should have zero effect on what happens to the X-men at Marvel. This is a clean start to tell the BEST x-men stories as best you can understand things have to be adapted for movies, a new time period, and a different universe.

Avengers are incorporating more new characters after like 13 plus years and 23 movies with old characters being the focus, They didn't skip Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk went straight to Riri Williams, Patriot, and Kamela Khan.

Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Cable isn't more popular than War Machine, She-Hulk, Iron Heart, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury, Moon Knight? Those characters have shows, X-men characters will get shows the movies won't be the only option. If done right X-men won't be the only movie as well.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-11-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. they should jump straight ahead for aversion of the Giant Sized or Outback teams. The characters, that I feel, could use a break are: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Beast, Magneto, Professor and Mystique.

Maybe it's hard to do the X-Men without the Professor but the rest I think could wait and leave space for the characters that deserve a proper spotlight and proper character development: Cyclops, Roque, Gambit, Iceman, Angel, Kurt, Betsy and specially Storm!

Jean is in a very delicate position since the MCU basically made Wanda an amalgamation of both characters...
    I agree about 98% with this!

I think you've chosen excellent characters to focus on - ones that are very marketable AND recognizable as X-Men.

I'm on the fence one of those you listed I would keep, and which I would replace with someone less recognizable. I think a team of 5 or 6 at MAX, depending on how many antagonists we are getting. If we have a team of antagonist, I saw bring the core team down a smidge. There is a lot to introduce. I think the best bet is to have the first Antagonist be a solo antagonist.

All I want is a team that isn't mostly white characters + Storm.

I would love a Hispanic character on the team! MCU is severely lacking in Hispanic/Latinx representation.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I could see them treating Professor X and Magneto like Odin. They are there for a few movies but then they pass the torch to the next gen and walk off the stage. Usually it's through death but that's not 100% essential. But yeah I think the X-men lends itself to legacy characters and expanding the family more than most Marvel or DC franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see them treating Professor X and Magneto like Odin. They are there for a few movies but then they pass the torch to the next gen and walk off the stage. Usually it's through death but that's not 100% essential. But yeah I think the X-men lends itself to legacy characters and expanding the family more than most Marvel or DC franchises.
    Yeah that is how it see as well but I see the X-men franchise as a trinity in the movie world. X-men, New Mutants, and third franchise which I think should be X-force but Exacaliber or X-factor could be it as well. As long as they are putting those three stuff I think most fans are going to be happy.

Incredible Member

I agree with that. Characters outside of those 4 need to shine.
    Shoving them in more sucky moives (Like New Mutants) won't help.....