Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

I'd rather see several characters get introduced with a mini series, which, presumably would be on Disney Plus.

Wolverine, for one. Get him out of the way for his own series, then eventually have him join the team in a film.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think it'd be cool if it were true, I just don't think it is. Feiges always said the X-Men were about 5 years out, so it seems to early for any mainline X-Men.
    Well, at this stage Feige said that a year ago (possibly more), and the rumor is that it's just in early development with no writer even attached to it yet... much less director or cast. So that puts it another couple of years out still I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd rather see several characters get introduced with a mini series, which, presumably would be on Disney Plus.

Wolverine, for one. Get him out of the way for his own series, then eventually have him join the team in a film.
    Exactly my thought, and part of why this makes so much sense. Plus he's a huge draw, and they're putting a lot into Disney+ to drive subscribers and even testing premium content and paying extra for it (see Black Widow release). I know everyone wants to see other characters get their shot, and I know they will and am sure they'll be done justice. But out of the gate I think they want to fire their biggest gun. Plus he has so much history that predates the X-Men and is so tied to other MCU characters and historical events that this makes perfect sense to explore prior to the X-Men showing up as a team.

Ultimate Member

Feige said the MCU X-Men will be very different, so I'm hoping it'll be more of an ensemble with more or less equal screen time

That will be great for an X-men Disney+ show or movie. Should definitely be an ensemble.

Hoping they are working on that and it comes shortly after the Wolverine: Weapon X show.

Ultimate Member

The X-Men are still a few years away so I'll take any specific rumors with a grain of salt.

Maybe they'll do Alpha Flight first

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Because a Dis+ show allows them to really flesh him out as a character without taking anything away from the other X-Men, and that way when they do a team project (whether film or Dis+ show) he doesn't even have to appear or can show up but be a very minor player. Win-win.

And, if you don't like Wolverine, don't watch it. Easy enough.

There have been lots of rumors about a solo Wolverine project floating around, though. And this one makes a lot of sense for lots of reasons. Sometimes where there's smoke there's fire, so I'm hoping that's the case here and this is legit.
    Here here. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense actually: Marvel will definitely want to approach Wolverine with a fresh take and introducing him in the first MCU X-Men movie where he'll inevitably be the star would be repeating Fox's tricks yet again. If they introduced him in a show however and come out with the first (Logan-less) X-Men movie in parallel they can flesh out the character much better and also build anticipation for when he eventually joins the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Pretty much my thoughts as well. If D+ continues to be a sustainable platform where they can throw money at a bunch of random characters, it would be cool to have some minis for some characters.

And with Wolverine, as much as I don't want him to be the focus in the movies, it would be the best of both worlds to give him his own series and then he doesn't have to have as much screen-time in the movies and others can shine
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Amazingly Bad.
    Ha ha ha
    I hope Marvel will save Anya Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The origin of that source on the Hashtag Show has zero track record.
    Agreed, it's hogwash.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Ha ha ha
    I hope Marvel will save Anya Taylor
    I doubt that cast will come back

BANNED

If we get Wolverine 6 episode D+ series that would be perfect tbh

He will be the first mutant introduced to the MCU but his show is basically Origins done right.

Next show could be Xavier discovering more mutants then an actually X-men movie for the grand team up.

Need a guy in his late 20s/early 30s because Logan will be used for a long time no doubt, and please be short.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

He will be the first mutant introduced to the MCU but his show is basically Origins done right.

Next show could be Xavier discovering more mutants then an actually X-men movie for the grand team up.

Need a guy in his late 20s/early 30s because Logan will be used for a long time no doubt, and please be short.
    It should be someone basically impervious to the passing of time, like Andy Samberg - who is way older than I ever realised.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Whoa.

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-anthol...w-disney-plus/

The fact that CBR is reporting it saying the source usually has a good track record gives it a bit more credibility than a lot of other" rumours" popping up on various other sites... but obviously this is all TBC until Disney provides the information.
    I really hope this is true. I think a Disney+ series for Wolverine would be the perfect way to introduce him into the MCU. Wolverine's history is just so long, complex, and convoluted. You just can't fit it all into a single movie, or several. Fox tried with Wolverine Origins and it failed miserably. There just wasn't enough time or story to flesh out. A whole series that covers various points in Wolverine's life would be incredible. That alone, in my opinion, would warrant a Disney+ subscription.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I really hope this is true. I think a Disney+ series for Wolverine would be the perfect way to introduce him into the MCU. Wolverine's history is just so long, complex, and convoluted. You just can't fit it all into a single movie, or several. Fox tried with Wolverine Origins and it failed miserably. There just wasn't enough time or story to flesh out. A whole series that covers various points in Wolverine's life would be incredible. That alone, in my opinion, would warrant a Disney+ subscription.
    Everything about Wolverine Origin was absolutely horrible. I don't think time was the main issue....

But a Disney+ series to introduce the character would be amazing! I hope it gets the budget and grittiness of Falcon & Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

I agree with this, but the way I see “Origins done right” going in the MCU is to play with all the pieces that they could not when the X-men IP was still with FOX. So... if Season 1 is focused on his time with the Weapon X program, let’s show fully what Weapon X (or Weapon Plus) really is and tie it to the Super Soldier Program and now Isaiah Bradly who has been introduced in the Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ show. Show his time in the war(s) and crossing paths with Steve Rodgers in WWII, perhaps not on the battlefield (as I think Logan was in the Pacific while Steve was fighting in Europe) but maybe they had an adventure in Madripoor while Logan was on shore leave and Steve was doing his USO tour thing. Something like that. They could also show some of the Team X stuff with Logan/Creed/Maverick/Mystique and particularly their mission in East Berlin to take out the Soviet super soldier, Omega Red. Stuff like that.

Essentially they should really play up the interconnected nature of this sprawling MCU in a way that they never could when Wolverine and the X-men were with FOX. That’s what I’d like to see anyway.