Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I nevered like that 05 stuff. bin it, bag it, bunk it.

I am sort of scared abut the diversity issue to be honest. I am scared the approach may not be handled well.

star wars tried it and failed

black panther tried it and never got far with the content of the story. outside of the characters been mostly black, black panther barely had any real plot point of any prejudice themes

I dont think i have seen a big blockbuster movie tell a story of the social themes that will make you go, this is as good as blackklansman for a comic book movie, that is what I expect from xmen. like it or not but the best of the fox films got quite close.

diversity is more than just vague references to racism or homophobia and having POC characters. we will not want a John Boyega star wars moment for us xmen fans, i think it will be damaging because xmen has been the champion for opening the door to accept many group of diverse people, so a movie failing at it with the content of the story, cannot be an option.
    While I agree with you on the O5, I don't get the rest of what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The disrespect to Sunfire.. Jk he disappears just as quickly.. Nothing against Banshee and Colossus but imagine if they kept Sunfire and Thunderbird around.

My ideal is for them to start with all new all different era but acknowledge that O5 was the first team/class via flashbacks. By that era I mean Storm, Wolverine, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Banshee, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Polaris, Havok, and Technically Sage, Darwin, Sway, Petra is good pool to pull from. Historically to X-men lore you got quite a diverse pool to pull from.
    This needs to be the era of Sunfire. He has so much potential, still untapped

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I just hope we don't get super boring, white bread original 5. That would be incredibly disappointing. I woud love an Avengers style series of set up movies, to flesh out to members of the team so that the main x-men movie can be full on action !!
    My team: Bishop, Revanche, Cannonball, M, Domino, Gambit, Rogue, Northstar, Warpath.
    the villains: The Upstarts: Selene ( army of undead/cult followers), Trevor Fitzroy (futuristic weaponry/androids) Sinister (and his marauders/nasty boys) Candra (and the guilds), Pierce (and his reavers).
    Yeah fair. There’s still so many xmen to cover and I desperately hope we don’t just retread old ground eg: I will die if we have to keep seeing Scott and wolverine pining for Jean all the time

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    This needs to be the era of Sunfire. He has so much potential, still untapped

Yeah fair. There’s still so many xmen to cover and I desperately hope we don’t just retread old ground eg: I will die if we have to keep seeing Scott and wolverine pining for Jean all the time
    I think the O5, aside from Beast, are stunningly boring

Fantastic Member

I think they can displays characters that are not over-used in Fox X-men that are still bankable.

My x-men MCU team.
    Gambit, White Queen, Magik, Bishop, jubillee, Madrox, Colossus.
    A new timeline (AOA, AOX)without the overused fox x-men i suggedt to introduce the mcu x-men.

Those academy x mutants can be the supporting character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I think they can displays characters that are not over-used in Fox X-men that are still bankable.

My x-men MCU team.
    Gambit, White Queen, Magik, Bishop, jubillee, Madrox, Colossus.
    A new timeline (AOA, AOX)without the overused fox x-men i suggedt to introduce the mcu x-men.

Those academy x mutants can be the supporting character.
    Not a bad idea. I've been thinking, since the Avengers in the MCU are transitioning to younger characters down the road, it makes sense to do so with the X-Men as well, instead of rehashing Scott and Jean or Charles and Erik.

Spectacular Member

I don't think you can make an X-Men film without Cyclops IMHO if not for marketing purposes

I Would Say Introduce characters like Wolverine, Jubilee, Storm, Pixie and Gambit in The Mutants. X-Men with large ties to the larger Marvel Universe that aren't just regulated to appearing in the X-Men

While having the X-Men team as Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Blink (Make sure she is black), Iceman or Northstar and maybe M/Penance plus two others like Prodigy and Magma.

I could see Prodigy as a great movie replacement for Beast and you could give him a similar power to his comics and possibly merge it with Kid Omega's powerset to visually enhance him onscreen.
    Last edited by Npresh24; 03-06-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    I don't think you can make an X-Men film without Cyclops IMHO if not for marketing purposes
    X-Men The last stand and First Class?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Anyone thinking we're going to start with lesser known X-men, or without Xavier playing any role, is really deluded. That would be like the Avengers films starting with the likes of Justice, Sentry or Fire Star and keeping Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow on the bench. Saturation from previous films doesn't really count since no one from the X-men apart from Wolverine and Xavier was really explored.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Anyone thinking we're going to start with lesser known X-men, or without Xavier playing any role, is really deluded. That would be like the Avengers films starting with the likes of Justice, Sentry or Fire Star and keeping Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow on the bench. Saturation from previous films doesn't really count since no one from the X-men apart from Wolverine and Xavier was really explored.
    I disagree. Deadpool and Wolverine did just fine. I heard Feige talked to Patrick Stewart, who declined to return due to Logan.

As for Cyclops, I doubt he's that much of a marketable character.

I think people are thinking way too hard and doing way too much, the title is lovely, hope they keep the 'MUTANTS'.

Thought HOUSE OF X, would be an epic name too. Just CAST THE PARTS PERFECTLY PLEASE. Cast Scott right, cast Jean correctly. GET EMMA RIGHT. Do Storm Justice and just put effort into each and every mutant.
    I'd love to see HoX, PoX done onscreen to some capacity. it'd be smart, they could literally go anywhere with all the mutants that are on Krakoa.

I get the feeling that's where it may go too.

Who would you guys want to direct?

I like the Russo Bros because they have shown they can juggle multiple characters.

I just hope it doesnt become Wolverine featuring the X-Men again.

Yes I know he is there money maker but I don't want to see him, Mystique, Magneto or Xavier as the focal characters. We've had how many movies of that already.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I like the Russo Bros because they have shown they can juggle multiple characters.

Yes I know he is there money maker but I don't want to see him, Mystique, Magneto or Xavier as the focal characters. We've had how many movies of that already.
    I agree about the characters. Bring in new faces and don't focus on 2 or 3 characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    X-Men The last stand and First Class?
    All of them, really. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think the "School for mutants in Westchester" concept has way too much potential, barely touched upon by Fox, for Marvel to jump right into Krakoa. What's special about the current status quo of the X-books is that it feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the usual settings, so I figure Marvel will want to milk everything they can from the Xavier Institute before they're looking to reinvent the wheel.

Agreed on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wolverine And His Academy X.
    We don't need even more Wolverine. lol

All they need to do is have multiple teams.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-06-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

But that is the "X-men", Wolverine has the most appearance of any comic book character(Superman, Batman ,Spiderman might have more), It is not the "X-men" with out Wolverine being used a lot. But as an example Iron Man in MCU logs about the same amount of minutes of Screen time as Wolverine in Fox. I haven't see the Iron Man is used too much statement very often. Why? Because Captain America and Thor log nearly as screen time as Iron Man and Hulk or some other Avenger generally got good focus as well. In the MCU the characters we expect to get focus got lots of focus at Fox, Wolverine got the focus we expected, and Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler got shortchanged for Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Quicksilver who are good characters but not the ones who should be getting the lion share of the time.

The biggest mistake I think people make when they say I hope they use Wolverine less, Is not understanding that Marvel gets the X-men is a franchise, The first X-men movie for Fox was in 2000, and first team spin off movie was in 2020. I think does not matter if the franchise main movie is wolverine centric in a world where they are X-force, New Mutants, New X-men and X-factor/Excalibur projects. I don't think it matters if wolverine is being used a lot in world where we getting solo shows like Wandavision for Gambit & Rogue, Cable, Storm, X-23, Magik and others.

The fear of too much "Wolverine" is a Fox creation, MCU is not Fox with Moon Knight, Iron Heart, She Hulk, War Machine, Nick Fury and Wakanda all getting shows who don't compare to top X-characters in popularity. Characters not getting time to shine is the least of our worries imo.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-06-2021 at 10:28 PM.