Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If they give James Gunn Alpha Flight after he's done with Guardians...
    One thing for sure. Whatever else turns this thing turns out to be, it's going to as big as a flop as The New Mutants Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I want to see Honey badger in the MCU at some point aswell and i'm cool with X-23 being Wolverine. Maybe Logan goes on his own path as himself. To do some hunting for those responsible for project Weapon X. While setting a few records straight and settling some scores along the way. Before laying waste (and paying a visit) to the hive nest of related secret programs even criminal organizations, corporations and clandestine groups - that were either original supporters or are newly spawned projects or enitites after the destruction of Weapon X. Some of whom would be in direct connection to X-23 and once again, Honey Badger. So that would mean him giving her the mantle on relative short notice, once she comes into the picture.
    Hell yeah! This is what I want to see as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    One thing for sure. Whatever else turns this thing turns out to be, it's going to as big as a flop as The New Mutants Movie.
    Why would that be? Didn't that movie flop because of bad directing and studio politics?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well it also flopped due to covid, but it was also terrible

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well it also flopped due to covid, but it was also terrible
    Exactly. I don't see why Alpha Flight would fail, or any comic if it's done right

New Mutants was amazing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    New Mutants was amazing.
    Amazingly Bad.

I prefer xmen but if they make a good xmen movie in the mcu i would not care what they call it. I just want some great xmen films.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I prefer xmen but if they make a good xmen movie in the mcu i would not care what they call it. I just want some great xmen films.
    That's my thoughts as well. Mostly because I think the final name won't be Mutants for long and at some point there will be a meaningful transition to them being called X-Men. But regardless of the film's name. It won't matter a lick to me what they call it - if they knock it out the park.

I'll take a really good Mutant set of films over a poorly made or inconsistent bunch of X-men movies, that may have the name right and done a decent job with some characters but, ultimately didn't capture the depth and variety of their overarching nor individual stories.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-30-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Whoa.

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-anthol...w-disney-plus/

The fact that CBR is reporting it saying the source usually has a good track record gives it a bit more credibility than a lot of other" rumours" popping up on various other sites... but obviously this is all TBC until Disney provides the information.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 04-14-2021 at 02:04 PM.

The origin of that source on the Hashtag Show has zero track record.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't put too much stock in this.

Besides, do we really want the first X-Men project in the MCU to be Wolverine again?

Yes. Absolutely. Because a Dis+ show allows them to really flesh him out as a character without taking anything away from the other X-Men, and that way when they do a team project (whether film or Dis+ show) he doesn't even have to appear or can show up but be a very minor player. Win-win.

And, if you don't like Wolverine, don't watch it. Easy enough.

There have been lots of rumors about a solo Wolverine project floating around, though. And this one makes a lot of sense for lots of reasons. Sometimes where there's smoke there's fire, so I'm hoping that's the case here and this is legit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Because a Dis+ show allows them to really flesh him out as a character without taking anything away from the other X-Men, and that way when they do a team project (whether film or Dis+ show) he doesn't even have to appear or can show up but be a very minor player. Win-win.

And, if you don't like Wolverine, don't watch it. Easy enough.
    What i'm saying is other mutants weren't properly presented in the XCU and should get more of a spotlight.

And why do you assume I don't like him?

I think it'd be cool if it were true, I just don't think it is. Feiges always said the X-Men were about 5 years out, so it seems to early for any mainline X-Men.