Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Reportedly the first movie focuses on Xavier and Moira. .
    "Reportedly"= someone on the internet said so, without any sources, and some people believe because they want to believe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "Reportedly"= someone on the internet said so, without any sources, and some people believe because they want to believe.
    But my brother's cousin who works at Marvel Studios said Mephisto, Prof. Xavier and Godzilla would be in the main villains in Loki!

Reportedly the first movie focuses on Xavier and Moira. Hickman’s reboot of the X-Mej is being used as a soft reboot.
    I highly doubt this given the MCU's track record, so whatever place they'll start from will be a general mix of different runs and character arc's. Instead of straight adaption or utilization of the current X-men run, in full.

Like it was mentioned HOX and POX had a primary focus of trying to fix the mess that was/is X-men canon and timelines, which isn't a smart jumping off point. For a film franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Krakoa would be an awful place to start from considering the culimination of all the mutants is totally worthless in a world they're being introduced to for the first time
    Exactly, the narrative would fall flat without the necessary context or build up. Most people, will just be confused rather than intrigued, specifically with those that grew up with the FOX-men - as there has been no mention of a living island nor would that be something, a real creative does to their audience as a introduction.

Plus, it screws with the rogues gallery, in terms of possible plot and storylines, when almost all of mutantdom is in one place, good or bad. I mean it's as you said Krakoa is a culimination of so much rich material, that it be dumb to start with that.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-16-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also while the MCU has adapted lots of Hickmans stuff they've tended to be generally loose adaptations.

Also while the MCU has adapted lots of Hickmans stuff they've tended to be generally loose adaptations.
    Pretty, much it's been a balancing act.

Yeah typically all their adaptions are loose to fit around the new story and continuity which is cool

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I expect any adaptation of Krakoa will scrap the resurrection protocol (or if it is the Five won't exist and it'll just be something the Island itself does), tone down the isolationist stuff a lot (see: all of Black Panther) and avoid or greatly simplify the Quiet Council. So basically it'll be an island that's alive and probably a country.

I expect any adaptation of Krakoa will scrap the resurrection protocol (or if it is the Five won't exist and it'll just be something the Island itself does), tone down the isolationist stuff a lot (see: all of Black Panther) and avoid or greatly simplify the Quiet Council. So basically it'll be an island that's alive and probably a country.
    I think the Island works more as a TV plot though or something that explored tangently in relation to any films that does introduce the concept. Scraping the resurrection element kind of dismisses, the message Magneto was trying to get across. To those fake ambassadors and agents from the beginning of HOX.

Though it would have to be toned down and ascribed to more of a failsafe and something that doesn't take away, from fear of consequences. Meaning, if included it needs to have more drawbacks to the process, removed from the concept of the Five: rather it be memory lost, change in attitude, loss of power or control of it...etc

The isolationist conversation was something that I liked and didn't like about Black Panther was handled In terms of its framing, in regards to the benefits and disadvantages to having such a society or nation. It's a mindset I sort of understand understand certain conditions in regards to contextual history, although both are the extreme example. But as a targeted group throughout time, there is merit in building within one's community, finding strength in that sort of movement, without going overboard.

Black Panther and Krakoa present two negative implicit biases...Black Wall Street existed, in a forced state of separation, but i'm postive if they had the ability to hide or protect themselves from the jealous hordes. They'd still exist today. To me this about the degree and intent.

I mean if the former King of Wakanda didn't reveal himself and continued the traditional he'd still be alive. Now of course if they established themselves in the world sooner, maybe that wouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-16-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Incredible Member

And not worth spending a dime on,just like the New Mutants Moive. If you're not going to do it right, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And not worth spending a dime on,just like the New Mutants Moive. If you're not going to do it right, don't bother.
    True but in general as long as the core elements are being adapted it should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Plus, it screws with the rogues gallery, in terms of possible plot and storylines, when almost all of mutantdom is in one place, good or bad. I mean it's as you said Krakoa is a culimination of so much rich material, that it be dumb to start with that.
    Not necessarily. It may start as an act of good will (all mutants, good and bad, safe in one place) and ends badly (these villains, they can’t help doing bad things)… In a way, it could be an moralistic tale: it doesn’t matter who you are (mutants, humans…), what matters, it’s what you do. Your destiny is not written.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I highly doubt this given the MCU's track record, so whatever place they'll start from will be a general mix of different runs and character arc's. Instead of straight adaption or utilization of the current X-men run, in full.

Like it was mentioned HOX and POX had a primary focus of trying to fix the mess that was/is X-men canon and timelines, which isn't a smart jumping off point. For a film franchise.

Exactly, the narrative would fall flat without the necessary context or build up. Most people, will just be confused rather than intrigued, specifically with those that grew up with the FOX-men - as there has been no mention of a living island nor would that be something, a real creative does to their audience as a introduction.

Hickman was given showrunner level control over mutant books and this has never happened before. It was clearly to reboot the X-Men for the MCU.

Fox ran into the ground the school for gifted youngsters, and showing the X-Men as just another superhero team won’t work when there’s the Avengers.

The fact it’s being called the Mutants even shows some of the issues there from marketing and branding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Kevin Feige is way too smart to green light garbage. He’ll adapt Krakoa right.

Kevin Feige is way too smart to green light garbage. He’ll adapt Krakoa right.
    Producers just want one thing: return on investment. And special effects are costly…

It’s why blockbusters are rarely art cinema.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

spoilers:
    I get the feeling Sharon Carter is really Mystique and she may or may not be the power broker, it would make sense given she was running Madripoor for a while during Bendis run.

I am happy to see mention of Mystique if she´s also the leader of the brotherhood this time, it would be a nice way to be faithful to the comics and to get away from the Fox version of it. Mystique being there makes total sense with the rumors of Rogue being in the Ms Marvel movie.
    end of spoilers

Krakoa we will probably only see some scenes here and there but I don´t think we will get an indeed view until more mutants are seen around the world.

I don´t think the ressurrection protocols will be part of it yet because mutants have barely been on the MCU and we have yet to have a Genosha kind of event to make that process a reality but I could see it as a hidden mutant Island, kind of a mix between Genosha/Krakoa concept and the ressurrection protocol will come once the X-men are already formed in the MCU.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022