Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ehhh I doubt it. Why would she be Sharon in all those scenes weve seen by herself?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Because she seems to be the one behind the first attack from the first chapter in the series, the writer did said they would have their own moment of "It was Agatha all along" this and her general behavoir makes me feel sheīs really mystique in disguise.

Of course it could just be a case of Sharon being on a mission in Madripoor but this last chapter really gave me Mystique vibes to me and Raven actually worked for the goverment as an Agent before being discovered as a mutant on her early issues so I can see the MCU using this to introduce her to their universe.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

That indicates that Sharon's the Power Broker but not that she's Mystique

Yes you may be right, I was only thinking on Mystique was namedropped with Krakoa on the Madripoor page but so far no mutants have been shown in the series so she may appear until the Ms Marvel movie.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

That page also listed Shang-Chi as the name of a ship so it was clearly slapped together with people googling "things related to Madripoor"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes you may be right, I was only thinking on Mystique was namedropped with Krakoa on the Madripoor page but so far no mutants have been shown in the series so she may appear until the Ms Marvel movie.
    Mutants are not in the works for the MCU for the next 5 years.Fiege went on the record.We may get some hints and they may point out to them being indications but as of right now nothing mutant in the MCU

The only mutant on the schedule is Deadpool 3.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Mutants are not in the works for the MCU for the next 5 years.Fiege went on the record.We may get some hints and they may point out to them being indications but as of right now nothing mutant in the MCU
    Please note that "not coming out before 5 years" and "not in the works for 5 years" mean vastly different things. We are now getting to a point where plans ARE being formulated right as we speak. The Wolverine anthology series or the Moira rumours might be fake but mutant stuff has already been popping up in the current shows and I fully expect to see that accelerate going forward.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    True but in general as long as the core elements are being adapted it should be good.
    You mean actually using characters and events that absolutely nothing to do with what and who they are supposedly based on like we saw in the New Mutants Movie?

No thank you very much.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 04-17-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    You mean actually using characters and events that absolutely nothing to do with what and who they are supposedly based on like we saw in the New Mutants Movie?

No thank you very much.
    I'm talking about things like Civil War...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    spoilers:
    I get the feeling Sharon Carter is really Mystique and she may or may not be the power broker, it would make sense given she was running Madripoor for a while during Bendis run.

I am happy to see mention of Mystique if sheīs also the leader of the brotherhood this time, it would be a nice way to be faithful to the comics and to get away from the Fox version of it. Mystique being there makes total sense with the rumors of Rogue being in the Ms Marvel movie.
    end of spoilers

Krakoa we will probably only see some scenes here and there but I donīt think we will get an indeed view until more mutants are seen around the world.

I donīt think the ressurrection protocols will be part of it yet because mutants have barely been on the MCU and we have yet to have a Genosha kind of event to make that process a reality but I could see it as a hidden mutant Island, kind of a mix between Genosha/Krakoa concept and the ressurrection protocol will come once the X-men are already formed in the MCU.
    No X-men or mutants aren't in Falcon and the Winter Soldier lol Sharon Carter is far more likely to be a Skrull than Mystique. Moonstone is more a shoe in for Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel 2 before Rogue Is even mentioned. The last being all to predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hickman was given showrunner level control over mutant books and this has never happened before. It was clearly to reboot the X-Men for the MCU.

Fox ran into the ground the school for gifted youngsters, and showing the X-Men as just another superhero team won’t work when there’s the Avengers.

The fact it’s being called the Mutants even shows some of the issues there from marketing and branding.
    That's only rumor and speculation in regards to the name though. I doubt the literally name will determine their direction, my position overall though is that despite the Fox films running the School into the ground. It would be silly to avoid the Mansion or something similar, sure a island society would be interesting but the New Orleans, Mardi Gra, party 24/7 part of Krakoa could undermine the mutants introduction and overall theme. Unless they go into them with a prequel mindset and then go from there, but unlike the Avengers, they take a few pointers from things like Umbrella Academy or HellBoy. Or they just decide to DOFP the story, by starting from a alternative universe, deep in the mess of things.

I highly doubt there will be any issues with marketing or branding.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-17-2021 at 11:34 AM.

The thing about Krakoa is that it makes zero sense as an origin story for the X-Men in the MCU

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The thing about Krakoa is that it makes zero sense as an origin story for the X-Men in the MCU
    Yep gonna have to agree. As much as I love the Krakoa era it's only successful in how it masterfully weaves the decades worth of continuity into its narrative.

Depends on how imaginative one is. I could easily see mutants of the past being persecuted and hiding out on a small mutant island called krakoa. Or the snap brought krakoa to the mu and still a small number. there are many ways to make it make sense and those are probably two of the worst.

My person fave is a small island with mutants was there it got snapped and now they are like "oh s$($ we can't just hide out. we got snapped last time."

I guess when you think about it they are already setting the stage with super soldiers now imagine krakoa was hiding somewhere. lmao
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    That page also listed Shang-Chi as the name of a ship so it was clearly slapped together with people googling "things related to Madripoor"
    I donīt think so because those names were taken off after a while so it seemed more like easter eggs someone left before changing their mind.

I think we need to wait and see because this series had some X around but I donīt expect to see Krakoa soon, still it makes sense to start leaving some clues about them , just like they did for Wakanda, Cap America, Avengers, etc some years before their apparition.

The interesting thing about Mystique is that she can pass off as a skrull without being one so I would not be surprised if something like this happened.

To varying degrees of specificity, it’s always about 5 to 6 years out versus what we’ve announced.

So now Feige is probably already planned projects and working on early stages of them that will be released till 2027-2028.

I am sure X-Men and mutant characters are among them. But we probably won't get them till 2024-2025 as earliest.