Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There is no reason for Marvel to go back on the same well Singer did. Even in comics, most fans are sick of it, and setting it up on another place immediately sets it apart from the Fox movies and opens new possibilities, not to mention it brings no one associations with rape.
    I'm not really sure most people would associate the Xavier Institute with rape just because Bryan Singer directed a few movies with it, plus Singer hardly invented the school setting which was part of the original make-up of the team since 1963.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm not really sure most people would associate the Xavier Institute with rape just because Bryan Singer directed a few movies with it, plus Singer hardly invented the school setting which was part of the original make-up of the team since 1963.
    It doesn't need to be most people-just the association with Singer's movies, and by extension him, would already be bad enough.

Plus, Marvel has no reason to back to it- it has been explored in 7 movies already. It would be like Spider-Man once again retreading Uncle Ben's death.

Well Joss Whedons Avengers movie hasn't become toxic (yet) despite the latest news about the behind the scenes from the Buffy cast.

Its ruined my hopes of the Astonishing team oh well

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well Joss Whedons Avengers movie hasn't become toxic (yet) despite the latest news about the behind the scenes from the Buffy cast.

Its ruined my hopes of the Astonishing team oh well
    It could be Joss was more careful with the Avengers cast. They are a pretty tight knit group of actors and some of them would easily walk if Joss started acting like an ******* to them. Several of the Avengers actors have a lot of years of experience behind them, even Scarlett has been acting for several years before she did Iron Man. Plus Disney can be pretty hands on, and they may have had observers on set which could have curbed Joss' worst behaviour.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, the difference is that on Buffy no one was a star, other than SMG, which seem to have been spared from his worst behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Everyone says this and I don't agree at all. That's not what the X-Men are... they're not the Avengers. The Avengers all debuted individually because they're a collection of "Earth's mightiest heroes". The X-Men are a family and they made their introduction together. Aside from Logan, they don't really do solo stories. They have little mini adventures and a mini-series here and there, but they are a found family first and foremost. It's like saying you want solo Mr. Fantastic or Thing movies before the Fantastic Four. (I know, not a perfect analogy but similar IMO.)
    Agreed, they shouldn't be treated like the Avengers in the same way. The dynamics should play out in unique ways, with the X-men. Which isn't all about them but the things they face as a giant ever expanding family with all it's highs and lows. Although that doesn't mean that they should ignore the standards set by the A-team and look to improve/advance on them as the X-men members grow as people.

An in-between all that throw in some mini-series and tie in shows that further expands back stories and back grounds.

Introducing new characters and building towards new vilians and or antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The names probably going to change, if I ly to avoid co fusing it with The New Mutants. Though it would be interesting to have a movie about the mutants not specific to the X-Men. Maybe something like First Class where we see the Brotherhood and X-Men first form?
    That's my thought process in terms of the showing mutants in general and their place in the world. Before leading into the core X-men team line-up. Really, dive in under the hood and start planting the narrative seeds for future events and pay-offs.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-05-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Krakoa is too modern to use in films. I think Krakoa would have worked if mcu was having a soft reboot off the fox films and even with that I will have gone more for Genosha than Krakoa

Also Krakoa mostly goes against the concept of MCU as Krakoa is among many of the few mythologies in xmen that supports sort of their segregation from everyone and what mcu fans and the media want is to see mutants interact with the rest of the mcu.
    Krakoa has been around since the 70s. That’s like fifty years ago and anyway marvel use new concepts all the time eg: tanehesi Coates’ Panther run and winter soldier.

On your second point, therein lies the conflict which would make such interactions fun and exciting

Spectacular Member

I just hope we don't get super boring, white bread original 5. That would be incredibly disappointing. I woud love an Avengers style series of set up movies, to flesh out to members of the team so that the main x-men movie can be full on action !!
    My team: Bishop, Revanche, Cannonball, M, Domino, Gambit, Rogue, Northstar, Warpath.
    the villains: The Upstarts: Selene ( army of undead/cult followers), Trevor Fitzroy (futuristic weaponry/androids) Sinister (and his marauders/nasty boys) Candra (and the guilds), Pierce (and his reavers).

I do not think the X-Men (or whatever) movie will have Krakoa in it - at least, not paradise Krakoa version.

It might have the "I want to kill all mutants to feed myself" version - where the movie starts, similar to Giant Size X-Men - and the mutants (original X-Men) disappeared over Krakoa.

So a new team is pulled together to rescue them.

I'd be down for that. Easily introduces quite a few mutants that should be most familiar to readers (and the unfortunate viewers of the FOX versions of the X-MEN).

But I wouldn't be surprised if they do call it something different than X-MEN.

I doubt if they will use X-FACTOR because of the television show by the same name.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Krakoa has been around since the 70s. That’s like fifty years ago and anyway marvel use new concepts all the time eg: tanehesi Coates’ Panther run and winter soldier.

On your second point, therein lies the conflict which would make such interactions fun and exciting
    Pretty sure they meant "Paradise Krakoa" vs "I Feed Off Mutants Krakoa"

Which - since I am not reading all of this new stuff - how did Krakoa come back down from space? (Not to side rail this too much)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Though it would be interesting to have a movie about the mutants not specific to the X-Men.
    Isn't what "The Gifted" was about?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I doubt anyone would start with the astonishing team. The astonishing team is more white than the o5. That is saying a lot.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Especially since one of the themes of the next phase of the MCU is diversity.

Plus the O5 are a bit boring

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I doubt anyone would start with the astonishing team. The astonishing team is more white than the o5. That is saying a lot.
    Thats pretty much every X-Men team. The O5 is the whitest team by a mile. Even Whedons team had Hisako and Ellis then had Storm and Hisako which isn't saying much but it shows the O5 being the biggest offender.

Even the All New and Different team only had Storm and Thunderbird and then they killed off Thunderbird and we had Storm for years until we had Gateway as side character. And Jubilee I guess

The New Mutants was the first proper stab at non white characters

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thats pretty much every X-Men team. The O5 is the whitest team by a mile. Even Whedons team had Hisako and Ellis then had Storm and Hisako which isn't saying much but it shows the O5 being the biggest offender.

Even the All New and Different team only had Storm and Thunderbird and then they killed off Thunderbird and we had Storm for years until we had Gateway as side character. And Jubilee I guess

The New Mutants was the first proper stab at non white characters
    I forget Jubilee is Chinese American