Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 610
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    The mutants will most likely encompass everything. The x-men. The new mutants (rebooted again i guess?) x-factor.
    So many possibilities.

    Krakoa is definitely coming to the golden screen.
    I hope so! Krakoa is a genius place to start.

    As for the name mutants, they could probably call it something different like children of the atom but I like the ethos behind it

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No, it doesn't. its not even close. While I expect big fans of MCU to call anything mcu announces great, I do wish some hard realism is still applied. Krokoa was the next phase in another long line of stories about mutants liberation or whatever, it's not even comparable here
    .
    I know type bad but some of you guys have reading comprehension problems at times. Krakoa is a general story about Mutants not X-men as heroes, I mention Krakoa because it is a good maybe the best example of the franchise just focusing on a group of mutants and not the "X-men".

    So if you quote me don't try attribute some crazy thing I am not even saying, If Marvel chooses to tell the story of mutants which could be good mutants, bad mutants, and the ones in between before telling the story of the X-men that is fine. It would be pretty cool If MCU told the story of Storm in Africa, Told the story Cyclops, Told the story of Magneto, Told the story of Xavier,etc. In the Tv world we have a great example of this in Heroes which is an interconnected story of a bunch of people. A version of that big-screen version of that with X-men universe focusing on different important figures in the mutant world would be fine.

    I thought I explain it pretty clearly the first time but I guess you always want to turn things into how I can bash the MCU as usual find someone else who wants to play that game with you.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-05-2021 at 03:31 AM.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I hope so! Krakoa is a genius place to start.

    As for the name mutants, they could probably call it something different like children of the atom but I like the ethos behind it
    Krakoa is too modern to use in films. I think Krakoa would have worked if mcu was having a soft reboot off the fox films and even with that I will have gone more for Genosha than Krakoa

    Also Krakoa mostly goes against the concept of MCU as Krakoa is among many of the few mythologies in xmen that supports sort of their segregation from everyone and what mcu fans and the media want is to see mutants interact with the rest of the mcu.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I just love that the public and "news blogs" are putting pressure on Marvel Studios to finally bring the X-Men back on screen.

    WandaVision also did a good job with bringing Quicksilver in.

    I think it is time to give us more X-Men content ASAP!

    I'm celebrating today by rewatching this great trailer of a mediocre movie.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azvR__GRQic
    Have not seen the finale of wandavion yet. however the Evan Peters QS thing left me feeling mixed , though this are more for artistic film making reasons since I do like Evan and think Evan and Elizabeth had so much sibling chemistry.


    I just thought after the mediocre dark phoenix we will never see any of those characters ever again and that includes Evans QS but this is what happens when you make a scene like the time in a bottle scene from DOFP. you are sort of set for life always been QS.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    Working title is clearly just a cover that they're working on Dazzler: The Movie until the time to announce it is right.

  6. #51
    Mighty Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Best news of the year so far for me! I know the movie is still 3/4 years away at the very least, but just knowing the wheels have started moving fills me with pure X-stacy.

    I don't have a strong opinion on "The Mutants" title at the moment although I find it curious that Kevin Feige previously referred to "the mutants" coming to the MCU. Whether this is just a working title (very likely) or whether they wanna establish mutants as a race before jumping into mutant teams, at this stage is anyone's guess.

    I strongly doubt Marvel will do away with the "X-Men" name altogether though, it's way too popular and well known at this stage to be retired.

  7. #52
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    The end starts

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    It seems more logical to me… “The X-men”, for me, belongs to a bygone era, a name that represented heroism and generosity.

    “X-men”, “mutants”… it is used in a interchangeable way now and nothing really distinguishes the words.

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Working title is clearly just a cover that they're working on Dazzler: The Movie until the time to announce it is right.
    I would completely love Dazzler D+ series like La La Land with Damien Chazelle as director.

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    i hope it ends up on disney + or hulu. Hulu could use a shot in the arm and using the x-brand could be the perfect fit imo, after wandavision i would prefer that route given the production value. I think it's rumored each episode cost over 20 million so at 9 episodes your looking at 180 million budget roughly before promo etc.

    Also "the mutants" makes me think of a population of people, small or big so i think we will definitely be seeing krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #56
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Krakoa is too modern to use in films. I think Krakoa would have worked if mcu was having a soft reboot off the fox films and even with that I will have gone more for Genosha than Krakoa

    Also Krakoa mostly goes against the concept of MCU as Krakoa is among many of the few mythologies in xmen that supports sort of their segregation from everyone and what mcu fans and the media want is to see mutants interact with the rest of the mcu.
    I would say Krakoa is too much of a continuity mess to be a valid basis for X-men movies. While the comic readers might have an easy time getting into it, thanks to their awareness for long term continuity, retcons, past storylines, characters and in jokes, for the general audience of movies the whole thing would likely come of as weird and at worst just wrong.

    Like if you tell someone who only has the pop culture image of the X-men in their heads, what is currently going on in the comics, you will very likely get a "what the hell is this person talking about" reaction.
    "Living Mutant Island? Plant Machines? International Medicine Trade? Everyone comes back from the dead like Kenny from South Park? A character who was a human for 60 years of comics is now a mutant who reboots the universe? White Pages? Mutant Magic? Mutant Technology? Mutant school system? Apocalypse is with the X-men now? They are now living together happily with their villains? Is this one of these fan fiction things?"

    In my opinion as it stands now, this whole setup is more suited for a multi part storyline in the 5th sesaon of an X-men cartoon, than the basis for a whole new movie.

    While the MCU had success with using more oddball elements of the Marvel comics, it could be mainly attributed to the fact that they were based on characters, teams and storylines less known to the general public and even then they used heavy alteration from the comics in order to streamline them for the movies.

    The fact that the story of the Krakoa Nation, universe rebooting mutant Moira MacTaggert, black hole super minds and mass cloning is still unfinished and therefor unproven in how popular it will be remembered down the line further adds to the reasons why it wouldn't make sense to base the upcomming movies on it. Doesn't help that sales wise the initital hype from HoX/PoX seems to have simmered down quite a bit aswell.

    At this stage the whole story might not stick the landing and all the sense of honey flavored excitment will turn to sawdust and salt by the end of it, just because the ending might not live up to the beginning.

    And then there is the aspect that the movie writers would likely want to use the hundreds of mutant villains from the comics, rather than having them live with the heros, especialy since the non-mutant villains of the current status quo have been rather weak if not forgetable for most part.

    In general i rather expect them to avoid most of what was written in the comics in the past 20 years, since the editorial demands of short cutting the X-men and pushing them into a corner (first Joe Q. trying to get the Avengers more into spotlight, followed by the fight over the movie rights) has not led to a lot of quality major stories (there are a several good minor stories of course).
    Instead it would be more likely for them to the classics (even the weirder ones among them) and reimagine them for modern day storylines in the movie. Who knows, perhaps they might even knock it out of the Park adapting the concept of Onslaught.

    So i agree that Genosha is more likely to be used than the Nation of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-05-2021 at 04:40 AM.

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,450

    Default

    Despite being a long-time fan of the Fox X-men movies, I'm excited to see the MCU tackle the X-men. Or rather, the MCU Multiverse, assuming they get their own earth/timeline/whatever.

    "The Mutants" seems like a working title, though it could be a kind of prequel-ish film introducing the idea of mutants to the MCU. My only concern is that I hope they're not planning to phase out the name "X-men". I seem to remember some exec a few years back talking about how its not 'inclusive' enough and should be changed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I would say Krakoa is too much of a continuity mess to be a valid basis for X-men movies. While the comic readers might have an easy time getting into it, thanks to their awareness for long term continuity, retcons, past storylines, characters and in jokes, for the general audience of movies the whole thing would likely come of as weird and at worst just wrong.

    Like if you tell someone who only has the pop culture image of the X-men in their heads, what is currently going on in the comics, you will very likely get a "what the hell is this person talking about" reaction.
    "Living Mutant Island? Plant Machines? International Medicine Trade? Everyone comes back from the dead like Kenny from South Park? A character who was a human for 60 years of comics is now a mutant who reboots the universe? White Pages? Mutant Magic? Mutant Technology? Mutant school system? Apocalypse is with the X-men now? They are now living together happily with their villains? Is this one of these fan fiction things?"

    In my opinion as it stands now, this whole setup is more suited for a multi part storyline in the 5th sesaon of an X-men cartoon, than the basis for a whole new movie.

    While the MCU had success with using more oddball elements of the Marvel comics, it could be mainly attributed to the fact that they were based on characters, teams and storylines less known to the general public and even then they used heavy alteration from the comics in order to streamline them for the movies.

    The fact that the story of the Krakoa Nation, universe rebooting mutant Moira MacTaggert, black hole super minds and mass cloning is still unfinished and therefor unproven in how popular it will be remembered down the line further adds to the reasons why it wouldn't make sense to base the upcomming movies on it. Doesn't help that sales wise the initital hype from HoX/PoX seems to have simmered down quite a bit aswell.

    At this stage the whole story might not stick the landing and all the sense of honey flavored excitment will turn to sawdust and salt by the end of it, just because the ending might not live up to the beginning.

    And then there is the aspect that the movie writers would likely want to use the hundreds of mutant villains from the comics, rather than having them live with the heros, especialy since the non-mutant villains of the current status quo have been rather weak if not forgetable for most part.

    In general i rather expect them to avoid most of what was written in the comics in the past 20 years, since the editorial demands of short cutting the X-men and pushing them into a corner (first Joe Q. trying to get the Avengers more into spotlight, followed by the fight over the movie rights) has not led to a lot of quality major stories (there are a several good minor stories of course).
    Instead it would be more likely for them to the classics (even the weirder ones among them) and reimagine them for modern day storylines in the movie. Who knows, perhaps they might even knock it out of the Park adapting the concept of Onslaught.

    So i agree that Genosha is more likely to be used than the Nation of Krakoa.
    I agree with you. The current status quo, or anything from the last 10-15 years really, is WAY too complex to 'introduce' these characters.

    At the same time, Marvel has the struggle of trying to make their take 'different' from the Fox movies. I doubt we're gonna see another Dark Pheonix adaptation. Its not even been a decade since DOFP. In general, I don't think people want a retread of the good ol' "Professor X vs. Magneto" conflict. Or maybe they do?

    I kinda like the idea of seeding the X-men into post-credit scenes or cameo appearances in various Phase 4 movies. There are already rumors that Rogue is showing up in Captain Marvel 2, which makes sense (perhaps Mystique and Destiny as well? Though I think Rogue is due a reboot more than Mystique). They can introduce Storm in Black Panther 2, which is supposed to be exploring Wakanda more (lets face it, without the man himself, they will need some other big draw for the movie). If they are indeed doing another Captain America project, as is rumored, thats the perfect place to introduce Wolverine.

    But we definitely need a big X-men movie with something resembling the traditional status quo. A big team of 6-8 X-men in uniform. The Mansion. The jet. The works.

  13. #58
    Mighty Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    I think the "School for mutants in Westchester" concept has way too much potential, barely touched upon by Fox, for Marvel to jump right into Krakoa. What's special about the current status quo of the X-books is that it feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the usual settings, so I figure Marvel will want to milk everything they can from the Xavier Institute before they're looking to reinvent the wheel.

  14. #59
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,626

    Default

    Charles Murphy, who is very reliable, confirmed that it is legit.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think the "School for mutants in Westchester" concept has way too much potential, barely touched upon by Fox, for Marvel to jump right into Krakoa. What's special about the current status quo of the X-books is that it feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the usual settings, so I figure Marvel will want to milk everything they can from the Xavier Institute before they're looking to reinvent the wheel.
    Nope, there's no way Marvel will begin with yet another mutant school, after 20 years of that with Fox- and it's inevitable association with alleged rapist Bryan Singer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •