Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree with this, but the way I see “Origins done right” going in the MCU is to play with all the pieces that they could not when the X-men IP was still with FOX. So... if Season 1 is focused on his time with the Weapon X program, let’s show fully what Weapon X (or Weapon Plus) really is and tie it to the Super Soldier Program and now Isaiah Bradly who has been introduced in the Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ show. Show his time in the war(s) and crossing paths with Steve Rodgers in WWII, perhaps not on the battlefield (as I think Logan was in the Pacific while Steve was fighting in Europe) but maybe they had an adventure in Madripoor while Logan was on shore leave and Steve was doing his USO tour thing. Something like that. They could also show some of the Team X stuff with Logan/Creed/Maverick/Mystique and particularly their mission in East Berlin to take out the Soviet super soldier, Omega Red. Stuff like that.

Essentially they should really play up the interconnected nature of this sprawling MCU in a way that they never could when Wolverine and the X-men were with FOX. That’s what I’d like to see anyway.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Guys the Wolverine show thing is almost definitely not real. The site it's from isn't credible at all. Any proper X-Men stuff is years away, they've barely started on Deadpool 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    If we get Wolverine 6 episode D+ series that would be perfect tbh

He will be the first mutant introduced to the MCU but his show is basically Origins done right.

Next show could be Xavier discovering more mutants then an actually X-men movie for the grand team up.

Need a guy in his late 20s/early 30s because Logan will be used for a long time no doubt, and please be short.
    How come Wolverine's height is the only character fans seem to make a big deal about? What about other short characters like Jean who's only 3 inches taller than Logan according to Marvel. Jean has been taller than both Cyclops and Storm throughout the X-films, but the only thing folks seem to care about is Logan's height.

Man, I’ll be honest, I give zero F’s about Logan being comic accurate height. And even less about the actor actually being 5’3” or somewhere thereabouts.

As long as he’s shorter than Cyclops and most of the heroes around him, which can be accomplished with camera angles, posture, etc. (i.e., the actor himself doesn’t have to be super short), then it’s fine. Just get someone great for the role.

Man, I’ll be honest, I give zero F’s about Logan being comic accurate height. And even less about the actor actually being 5’3” or somewhere thereabouts.

As long as he’s shorter than Cyclops and most of the heroes around him, which can be accomplished with camera angles, posture, etc. (i.e., the actor himself doesn’t have to be super short), then it’s fine. Just get someone great for the role.
    This is how I feel because 5'3 is ridiculously short lol. It may look cool in the comics seeing this extra short dude throw hands with people twice his size, but with real people it's gonna come off as comical. The MCU already borrows from the Ultimate universe and I feel like Logan's height will just be another.

O

Ultimate Member

I don't mind it if only to dispel the myth of men needing to be tall to be considered "manly." A short Wolverine would be more visually distinct

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Guys the Wolverine show thing is almost definitely not real. The site it's from isn't credible at all. Any proper X-Men stuff is years away, they've barely started on Deadpool 3.
    It's too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't mind it if only to dispel the myth of men needing to be tall to be considered "manly." A short Wolverine would be more visually distinct
    I agree. 5' 3" isn't absolutely necessary, but under 5'8" would be nice. Shorter than average. Tall drink of water Hughverine did make him less unique. The small scrapper taking on huge threats really is the quintessence of a wolverine. Short and hairy is a must for me. I like the sort of Napoleon complex, scary(feral, unhinged, PTSD) little man aspect of Logan. Makes the noble warrior with a heart of gold side 'pop' more. The actor doesn't have to be super short, but he should be muscular thicc, so the camera tricks and all that still registers correctly(especially in the obligatory bare torso shots). I want tall Scott and tall Ororo, short Logan. If Peter Jackson could figure out how to do hobbits and dwarves next to wizards, elves, and men decades ago, it shouldn't be that hard. But Feige and crew pulled off little Steve back in First Avenger so well, I think they could do 5'3" Logan if they really want to. Contrasting Fox's version may be motivation enough.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. 5' 3" isn't absolutely necessary, but under 5'8" would be nice. Shorter than average. Tall drink of water Hughverine did make him less unique. The small scrapper taking on huge threats really is the quintessence of a wolverine. Short and hairy is a must for me. I like the sort of Napoleon complex, scary(feral, unhinged, PTSD) little man aspect of Logan. Makes the noble warrior with a heart of gold side 'pop' more. The actor doesn't have to be super short, but he should be muscular thicc, so the camera tricks and all that still registers correctly(especially in the obligatory bare torso shots). I want tall Scott and tall Ororo, short Logan. If Peter Jackson could figure out how to do hobbits and dwarves next to wizards, elves, and men decades ago, it shouldn't be that hard. But Feige and crew pulled off little Steve back in First Avenger so well, I think they could do 5'3" Logan if they really want to. Contrasting Fox's version may be motivation enough.
    Yeah. I wouldn't want him to be too unnecessarily violent though

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah...

The article title is pretty clearly -

RUMOR: Wolverine Anthology Show in the Works at Disney+
    THS has a strong track record when it comes to rumored casting and character breakdowns for upcoming shows, but this news should still be considered a rumor until something official is released by Marvel. It's no secret that mutants are coming to the MCU, as Feige has regularly talked about it. But unlike the Fantastic Four, nothing official has been announced regarding how the characters previously owned by 20th Century Fox will be worked into the story.

Between Gilgamesh and reportedly Ms Marvel now having Armor-type energy construct abilities idk if that means she's unlikely to be in the MCU or that she's a shoe in

BANNED

I agree with this, but the way I see “Origins done right” going in the MCU is to play with all the pieces that they could not when the X-men IP was still with FOX. So... if Season 1 is focused on his time with the Weapon X program, let’s show fully what Weapon X (or Weapon Plus) really is and tie it to the Super Soldier Program and now Isaiah Bradly who has been introduced in the Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ show. Show his time in the war(s) and crossing paths with Steve Rodgers in WWII, perhaps not on the battlefield (as I think Logan was in the Pacific while Steve was fighting in Europe) but maybe they had an adventure in Madripoor while Logan was on shore leave and Steve was doing his USO tour thing. Something like that. They could also show some of the Team X stuff with Logan/Creed/Maverick/Mystique and particularly their mission in East Berlin to take out the Soviet super soldier, Omega Red. Stuff like that.

Essentially they should really play up the interconnected nature of this sprawling MCU in a way that they never could when Wolverine and the X-men were with FOX. That’s what I’d like to see anyway.
    Madripoor and the Princess bar were introduced for a reason. Sharon Carter who I think is the Power Broker or perhaps Valentina (she recruited Walker) are going to be over Weapon X. There’s further speculation Sharon maybe Mystique, due to information Marvel released and deleted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I doubt either Xavier, Magento or Jean show up in the beginning - for the most part. They'll for sure use Logan/Wolverine in some capacity but their direction may be to introduce X-23 into the MCU in order to provide a more vaired take on his legacy and build-up to his reintroduction.
    Reportedly the first movie focuses on Xavier and Moira. Hickman’s reboot of the X-Mej is being used as a soft reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The X-Men are still a few years away so I'll take any specific rumors with a grain of salt.

Maybe they'll do Alpha Flight first
    They’re under active development and we saw pretty strong Easter eggs in Wandavision and Falcon and the Winter soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Reportedly the first movie focuses on Xavier and Moira. Hickman’s reboot of the X-Mej is being used as a soft reboot.
    Krakoa would be an awful place to start from considering the culimination of all the mutants is totally worthless in a world they're being introduced to for the first time