Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    X-men starting as teenagers makes perfect sense because:

a) That's how they start in the comics;

b) Cyclops' arc particularly is that he gets an excessive responsibility when he's far too young for that- that is lost if he begins as an adult. Kitty too only make sense if she starts as a teen. Iceman would probably benefit from starting as a teen as well, considering his attitude.

c) Starting with young actors means it would be decades before they're too old for the role;

d) Initially sets them apart from the Avengers, who had a more than thousand year old god, a couple of middle aged men, a man out of his time and two veteran spies;

e) It makes a starker contrast to weary, cynical characters like Wolverine or Magneto;

f) It adds more drama and makes their mistakes more understandable if they are rookies;

g) Explains what the hell they were doing when Loki or Thanos showed up- the answer is that some were probably using diapers, the others in middle school;

h) If you think movies with teenagers in leading roles can only be dumb fun light movies, you should probably watch more movies.
    a) I know that is how they start in comics but this is one change that will work for the better. it has always worked for the better. also the comics drew them to look more mature than teens. This is not CW where CW are casting 20s year old actors to play teens, disney actually cast teenagers to play teenagers. so it just wont look good because xmen will look like kids.

Also xmen did not really start until 1970s and they were older

I know how disney does their movies and they have rules for teens and even adults in their films. are you aware that spiderman in the mcu was not allowed to punch his villains because disney said he was a teen and they cant have their teen hero doing that because it sets a bad example to kids? also to make xmen teens with disney is to destroy, their content, story and themes and you dont do that with the heaviest ,and more complex universe in marvel.

the other things you said from a-h is covered.

To make xmen teens in a disney movie, you will end up with something worse than batman and robin in tone and style and depth.

I think it's ironic since I once said in the past films like Logan or First Class, one of the major social themes of those films is that mutants kids grow up fast because of how dark and unfortunate world of xmen is. Disney does not see this type of story telling with teens and kids at least not to the extent we know xmen can take it.

Let them be adults, at least as adults their movies may feel like black panther than Spiderman homecoming , while I dont find these movies masterpieces, Black Panther is the more better of the not so good situation than homecoming.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-07-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

I actually don't mind teenage characters. I like the new Spider-Man movies. But wouldn't it be weird to have Cyclops as a young guy when others like Iron Man and Ant-Man are far older?

I see your point about explaining where the X-Men were. I honestly don't have a good explanation.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I actually don't mind teenage characters. I like the new Spider-Man movies. But wouldn't it be weird to have Cyclops as a young guy when others like Iron Man and Ant-Man are far older?

I see your point about explaining where the X-Men were. I honestly don't have a good explanation.
    Considering Iron Man is out, and they already have Ant-Man hanging out with a teenage Spider-Man, not really. Plus, Paul Rudd ages so well he might as well be a mutant.

And yeah, if the X-men were already adults or at least in their late teens and fully formed when Thanos showed up, makes no sense they wouldn't be there, or fighting against a big alien invasion in NY or Ultron's rampage in Sokovia. Wolverine himself can work because he makes a point of staying off the grid and the spotlight and probably wouldn't even heard about it until later, and Xavier being unable to walk would explain why he isn't in the fights, but a full X-men team just doesn't work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Considering Iron Man is out, and they already have Ant-Man hanging out with a teenage Spider-Man, not really. Plus, Paul Rudd ages so well he might as well be a mutant.

And yeah, if the X-men were already adults or at least in their late teens and fully formed when Thanos showed up, makes no sense they wouldn't be there, or fighting against a big alien invasion in NY or Ultron's rampage in Sokovia. Wolverine himself can work because he makes a point of staying off the grid and the spotlight and probably wouldn't even heard about it until later, and Xavier being unable to walk would explain why he isn't in the fights, but a full X-men team just doesn't work.
    Yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. I just used those two as examples.

Cyclops isn't that far from Spider-Man in age, at most he would be an upperclassman to him in respect to an age difference.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Cyclops isn't that far from Spider-Man in age, at most he would be an upperclassman to him in respect to an age difference.
    That's true. Although I've wished Spider-Man was older too at times, despite Holland being the best Spider-Man to me.

BANNED

No O5 movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    No O5 movie.
    I can't really disagree. Personally, they're not the most interesting X-Men aside from Beast.

Plus, the next phase is supposedly about diversity, which the O5 lack.

Yup no O5 movie thats something that can unite all of CBRs factions

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yup no O5 movie thats something that can unite all of CBRs factions
    I'm sure they have fans and I wouldn't want to exclude those fans at all, but after seeing those characters done to death in the XCU, would we want to see that all over again?

Astonishing Member

Thinking about the various options they have and what they did allready, especialy Ant Man, i noticed they could actualy go with the idea of Jean, Scott, Hank, Bobby and Warren to have been Xavier's first mutant students, but without them having been the super hero team X-men. Like instead the 05 were just college students, who Xavier secretly taught how to controll their powers better.

The mansion and boarding school aspect could even be removed entirely. Instead use a normal college but which had Moira McTaggert as headmaster and she worked together with Xavier to create a secret class for mutants like them, while he was otherwise working as regular teacher.

This could then be the foundation from which the first X-men are eventualy formed by the time the Marvel Studio's X-men movie beginns. They could either have Xavier form the team and use the first class as basis for how he got the inspiration to the team, or they could have one or two of the 05 create the team based on their experience from the class.

They wouldn't even need to limit themself to the first class having only been the 05, but have Lorna or Alex or even various other characters (Sage) be part of it. As long as the classic first X-men were part of it.

So overall, they could easily have a first or even second class of Xavier's students without needing for them to have been the X-men allready, allowing them to both have the easter egg of the original team, without needing to dedicate a movie to them, while still having the option of the "X-men formed for the first time" moment with any characters they want.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-07-2021 at 05:20 PM.

About the costumes, Cyclops is the easiest one, they only need to get the visor right, and it will work. After that they can dress him on a suit, military uniform or overalls and the character will work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    About the costumes, Cyclops is the easiest one, they only need to get the visor right, and it will work. After that they can dress him on a suit, military uniform or overalls and the character will work.
    Considering Iceman would mostly run around as CGI for his super hero actions, it could be argued he would be even simpler to do, since the actual "costume" could just be a pair of short.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thinking about the various options they have and what they did allready, especialy Ant Man, i noticed they could actualy go with the idea of Jean, Scott, Hank, Bobby and Warren to have been Xavier's first mutant students, but without them having been the super hero team X-men. Like instead the 05 were just college students, who Xavier secretly taught how to controll their powers better.

The mansion and boarding school aspect could even be removed entirely. Instead use a normal college but which had Moira McTaggert as headmaster and she worked together with Xavier to create a secret class for mutants like them, while he was otherwise working as regular teacher.

This could then be the foundation from which the first X-men are eventualy formed by the time the Marvel Studio's X-men movie beginns. They could either have Xavier form the team and use the first class as basis for how he got the inspiration to the team, or they could have one or two of the 05 create the team based on their experience from the class.

They wouldn't even need to limit themself to the first class having only been the 05, but have Lorna or Alex or even various other characters (Sage) be part of it. As long as the classic first X-men were part of it.

So overall, they could easily have a first or even second class of Xavier's students without needing for them to have been the X-men allready, allowing them to both have the easter egg of the original team, without needing to dedicate a movie to them, while still having the option of the "X-men formed for the first time" moment with any characters they want.
    Any other underused X-Men you'd like to see in a future MCU X-men project?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Any other underused X-Men you'd like to see in a future MCU X-men project?
    Fucking Angel, who after all these movies has never been an X-Man. Say what you will about Hank and Janet not being founding Avengers at least Scott's been on the team.