Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I grew up with X-men evolution so a teenage cast doesn't bother me. I prefer the Academy X kids but I can roll with a young Cyclops etc. It would be funny if they did a father son angle between him and Logan like they did in the show. Thats one way to sidestep the whole love triangle drama.Just have Logan and Storm get together- they were endearing and subtle.
    I think Emma,Jean, and Cyclops triangle now trumps the Wolverine,Jean, and Cyclops. So a triangle is unavoidable imo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think Emma,Jean, and Cyclops triangle now trumps the Wolverine,Jean, and Cyclops. So a triangle is unavoidable imo
    Dear God, why?

I'm curious, are X-Fans generally fans of these love triangles?

Spectacular Member

i am so tired of love triangles. especially wolverine/jean/cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Dear God, why?

Other than action what do you expect to see in comics and movies?

Comedy, drama, character development, world building, suspense, horror...more than just love triangles. Although I personally could not care less about who’s dating who in comics or tv/movies.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Comedy, drama, character development, world building, suspense, horror...more than just love triangles. Although I personally could not care less about who’s dating who in comics or tv/movies.
    I second that, with a vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Interpersonal relationships are part good stories, I don't care about love triangles as the primary story but as secondary thing it does add to drama and personal interactions.

Interpersonal relationships are part good stories, I don't care about love triangles as the primary story but as secondary thing it does add to drama and personal interactions.
    A love triangle as a vehicle for character development isn't bad. The issues with them in comics is they become the status quo, and end up stifling character development instead.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Everything that is present in real life that will give me the impression that I have stories with real persons instead of two-dimensional characters.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I want to see the x-women shine

I think I’d rather have relationship drama play out very minimally in my comics. X-Men has been fine about it with Hickman, it’s present but not front and center. With the movies I thought it was mostly okay in both Fox-Men and the MCU. Sometimes the relationships are the best part of a movie, Logan is my favorite movie and that whole movie was about relationships. As I’m typing this I think I’m realizing that I don’t care specifically for romantic relationships on the page/screen more than anything.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Jean/Scott/Emma as it is in the comics is too spicy for Disney.

Dear God, why?

I’m fine with them until they get toxic and take up the entire story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m fine with them until they get toxic and take up the entire story.
    Honestly for me it always looks like adults acting like stereotypical teens. You have a good point about being toxic, because someone in a love triangle always comes off as "incel-y" and can't take a hint. It's a bit creepy, especially with everything that's happened in the real world. I mean, didn't Emma mentally manipulate Scott?

This soapy stuff is one of those things I'm always iffy about with the X-Men, or any other comic for that matter, and would rather not suffer it in rhe MCU.

Honestly for me it always looks like adults acting like stereotypical teens. You have a good point about being toxic, because someone in a love triangle always comes off as "incel-y" and can't take a hint. It's a bit creepy, especially with everything that's happened in the real world. I mean, didn't Emma mentally manipulate Scott?

This soapy stuff is one of those things I'm always iffy about with the X-Men, or any other comic for that matter, and would rather not suffer it in rhe MCU.
    Yeah a lot of people have pointed out that under modern standards Logan was sexually harassing Jean for a while and Emma definitely should not have had sex after offering him counseling.

Of course you can always have love triangles without those elements, but I don’t think you can do it justice in a 2 hr movie where there will undoubtedly be tons of other characters and stuff going on.