Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah a lot of people have pointed out that under modern standards Logan was sexually harassing Jean for a while and Emma definitely should not have had sex after offering him counseling.

Of course you can always have love triangles without those elements, but I don’t think you can do it justice in a 2 hr movie where there will undoubtedly be tons of other characters and stuff going on.
    You're right, and I think media shouldn't condone that kind of behavior.

I'd like the characters to handle romance in a mature way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Other than action what do you expect to see in comics and movies?
    huh?

Is this really a question on a xbook forums. the one comic book series most famous from their drama, soap opera, themes, convoluted story arc, social commentary, allegories.?

I know some are trying very well to rewrite xmen for the mcu but I think this one may be too much, it is becoming comical. Other than action? you cant ask that on a series that was given to the Fox , A Studio that only succeeded in making dramatic films with much less action.

This is a worse pretence than saying MCU was the first series to break box office records ignoring Sony Spiderman, the X-Men sequels and TDK. This is bad, this is bad for MCU XMEN if we comic xmen fans are been asked, that other than action what do we want to see in comics movies.

We should ask Claremont about what he thinks when a comic series is only about action.

Last edited by Castle; 03-10-2021 at 03:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Comedy, drama, character development, world building, suspense, horror...more than just love triangles. Although I personally could not care less about who’s dating who in comics or tv/movies.
    This is a great example of classic xmen, I just dont think it is new mcu xmen. I think people need to start changing how they think of xmen now when it comes to MCU.

We all still can't be that naïve or hopeful to think MCU can do horror? they just said no more R Rated films post Deadpool 3.

Ultimate Member

I don't think most of us expect only action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Fwiw re the title not being X-Men:
    Marvel Studios Executive Criticizes the X-Men Name as 'Outdated'
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-name-outda...mpression=true
    she is late to the bomb party,

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

I thought X-Men were supposed to be about progress

I still cannot believe they did Mystique like this! Really nothing resembling comics.

Edit: one thing I’m looking forward too in the MCU is at least semi-accurate character adaptions.

I still cannot believe they did Mystique like this! Really nothing resembling comics.

Edit: one thing I’m looking forward too in the MCU is at least semi-accurate character adaptions.
    Im sitting here surprised but not surprised all of the background characters in that scene are normal white kid mutants. So glad fox is out of the picture here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Im sitting here surprised but not surprised all of the background characters in that scene are normal white kid mutants. So glad fox is out of the picture here.
    When people keep talking about the race appearances in fiction only and not saying much about the internal race commentary that needs to be a part of the story. there is a problem. X-Men is not woke.

Also, when did marvel fist attempt diversity? after like 17 movies and diversity only with appearances. fox may be out of the picture but MCU has yet to even tackle the themes 1/4 as good as Fox did in the better days.

Likely putting POC in backgrounds as mere tokens , this is what MCU will do, while their lead characters will just have basic action comic book plots with no real commentary on racism.

I don't think there would be semi-accurate adaptions. MCU has their own style of writing not the same as the comics, I think some fans have already given me a clue of how Beast, Nightcrawler or Cyclops will be adapted and they have indirectly told me, they wont be as close with a good adaption like 2 of these characters were done in X2 , X-Men TAS and X3 and even Cyclops from the comics because they think Cyclops is a boy scout, Beast is just a Beast and Nightcrawler comes of as an external-fanatic with religion. none of this is true in the comics though.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-10-2021 at 06:44 AM.

When people keep talking about the race appearances in fiction only and not saying much about the internal race commentary that needs to be a part of the story. there is a problem. X-Men is not woke.

Also, when did marvel fist attempt diversity? after like 17 movies and diversity only with appearances. fox may be out of the picture but MCU has yet to even tackle the themes 1/4 as good as Fox did in the better days.

Likely putting POC in backgrounds as mere tokens , this is what MCU will do, while their lead characters will just have basic action comic book plots with no real commentary on racism.

I don't think there would be semi-accurate adaptions. MCU has their own style of writing not the same as the comics, I think some fans have already given me a clue of how Beast, Nightcrawler or Cyclops will be adapted and they have indirectly told me, they wont be as close with a good adaption like 2 of these characters were done in X2 , X-Men TAS and X3 and even Cyclops from the comics because they think Cyclops is a boy scout, Beast is just a Beast and Nightcrawler comes of as an external-fanatic with religion. none of this is true in the comics though.
    I can only really speak to my experience, but yes the early Fox movies appealed to me (and got me interested in the X-Men) because of the minority metaphor. However, as time went I was way more disappointed by Fox than the MCU. The X-Men franchise has some of the best POC and female characters in comics period, yet they only showcased the white male characters. Yes, the MCU took a while but at least it’s getting there and we know there were barriers from the top preventing films like Black Panther from getting made.

I’m not gonna sit here and speculate with you about the nuances of how they’ll be adapted because none of us actually know. All I know is that they did a pretty good job with keeping the core of characters like Iron Man, Captain America, and now Scarlet Witch while also updating them to fit the MCU style (hence why I said semi-accurate).

Ultimate Member

Why do complain about wokeness yet act like X-Men is superior because of a race metaphor feature attractive white guys?

MCU has had a poor track record, but their taking steps to overcome that, which may seem "woke" to you, but then you complain about MCU taking so long to show diversity. So what's the problem?

MCU X-Men is gonna be............interesting as will be the reception to it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    MCU X-Men is gonna be............interesting as will be the reception to it.
    Whatever they do, I'm guessing it'll be better than the XCU on average.

I hope they don't go over too much of the same stories or characters as the previous movies

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Whatever they do, I'm guessing it'll be better than the XCU on average.

I hope they don't go over too much of the same stories or characters as the previous movies
    I should hope so.....I do think they will tread different territory then what fox did which will be welcome the question is how they will do it? I think some things like apocalypse, the phoenix force, emma frost and others deserve a do over though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I should hope so.....I do think they will tread different territory then what fox did which will be welcome the question is how they will do it? I think some things like apocalypse, the phoenix force, emma frost and others deserve a do over though.
    We've seen the Phoenix force twice now, but Emma Frost could be done way better than she was in 1st class