Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

No more Phoenix. Also I am sure that Disney will use Phoenix plot without Phoenix force for Wanda in future.

Astonishing Member

As mentioned before it could be years before they even put the seeds for the X-men into the MCU. Which reminds me, we really need a new X-men cartoon. It's been 13 years since the last one and that one was canceled after it's first season.

They wouldn't even need to make it about the main team of X-men, if contradiction to the later MCU X-men would be a concern, but any series about a group of mutant heros would be welcome in my opinion. A trainee team, a satelite team, urban adventures, villains trying to reform, the X-men franchise offers a lot of different takes for cartoon shows than just the simple super hero premise, while staying true to the source.

So thinking about it, a cartoon (movie or series) named The Mutants could be nice too.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-10-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As mentioned before it could be years before they even put the seeds for the X-men into the MCU. Which reminds me, we really need a new X-men cartoon. It's been 13 years since the last one and that one was canceled after it's first season.

They wouldn't even need to make it about the main team of X-men, if contradiction to the later MCU X-men would be a concern, but any series about a group of mutant heros would be welcome in my opinion. A trainee team, a satelite team, urban adventures, villains trying to reform, the X-men franchise offers a lot of different takes for cartoon shows than just the simple super hero premise, while staying true to the source.

So thinking about it, a cartoon (movie or series) named The Mutants could be nice too.
    An X-men cartoon the quality and the maturity level of Young Justice would be nice.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    An X-men cartoon the quality and the maturity level of Young Justice would be nice.
    That would be my dream, and especially if we could steal Vietti and Weisman for an X-Men show. All of Marvel’s animated series have basically come to a halt at the moment, I think the last one was Spider-Man? I assume Covid might have played a part but I find it interesting that nobody has announced anything at all in ages... makes me wonder if Marvel Studios isn't also taking over the animation side of things, starting with What If?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That would be my dream, and especially if we could steal Vietti and Weisman for an X-Men show. All of Marvel’s animated series have basically come to a halt at the moment, I think the last one was Spider-Man? I assume Covid might have played a part but I find it interesting that nobody has announced anything at all in ages... makes me wonder if Marvel Studios isn't also taking over the animation side of things, starting with What If?
    I don't usually watch the animated adaptations, but I'm excited for What If?

BANNED

I wonder why marvel would not strike a deal with Sony and have sony make marvel cartoons as it is clear that marvel has no big interest in their own cartoons.

When people tell me young justice is mature even more so than the comic films of now and I remember why we dont have X-MEN mature cartoons when we had one in the 90s. I go...it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I still cannot believe they did Mystique like this! Really nothing resembling comics.

Edit: one thing I’m looking forward too in the MCU is at least semi-accurate character adaptions.
    I will never understand this argument about Mystique! They literally spend an entire (gorgeous) movie (Days of Future Past) to explain to the audience why Mystique changed her villainous ways and became a new character in the timeline...we had several movies with Mystique as a villain before the timeline was changed. She as a character keeping her hope for humanity alive was one of the main reasons why the timeline changed so fundamentally.

She also never stopped NOT being an antagonist for Xavier in the entire series. Maybe she was part of the X-Men team but she always had a different point of view than Charles.

I also think that Claremont had several moments in his writings where Mystique was shown as a mutant rights activist and less as a crazy sociopath backstopping everybody all the time.
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-11-2021 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No more Phoenix. Also I am sure that Disney will use Phoenix plot without Phoenix force for Wanda in future.
    Really? Why not. I think the Phoenix Saga with the Shi'Ar in space—without leading into the Dark Phoenix Saga—is still an option for a story to tell. It's so different from everything FOX studios has done with Jean Grey and her mental health crisis because Xavier manipulated her childhood.

Jean should become Phoenix but stays in control and saves the universe.

The entire plot of powerful women going insane is ABSOLUTELY overdone in genre entertainment and has to stop already!!
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-11-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Really? Why not. I think the Phoenix Saga with the Shi'Ar in space—without leading into the Dark Phoenix Saga—is still an option for a story to tell. It's so different from everything FOX studios has done with Jean Grey and her mental health crisis because Xavier manipulated her childhood.

Jean should become Phoenix but stays in control and saves the universe.

The entire plot of powerful women going insane is ABSOLUTELY overdone in genre entertainment and has to stop already!!
    I think Lord Claremont did it with the best intentions, as it just wasn't the done thing for a woman to be the most powerful member on a team, but it is dodgy as hell that so many male writers since seem to have decided that women just can't handle absolute power because of their oestrogren, wombs, emotions, etc. Kind of like how women used to be portrayed as having to faint all the time (with fainting couches the number one present for women on Victorian eBay) because of their frailty, and not because they were expected to wear several layers of clothes two sizes smaller than their waist.

The source is not very reliable, really

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think Lord Claremont did it with the best intentions, as it just wasn't the done thing for a woman to be the most powerful member on a team, but it is dodgy as hell that so many male writers since seem to have decided that women just can't handle absolute power because of their oestrogren, wombs, emotions, etc. Kind of like how women used to be portrayed as having to faint all the time (with fainting couches the number one present for women on Victorian eBay) because of their frailty, and not because they were expected to wear several layers of clothes two sizes smaller than their waist.
    Especially since men have historically been responsible for most of the violence in history.

By the way, can I just say old fashion is stupid.

I'm glad we're moving away from those kinds of roles for women, and towards ones where women actually get to be the lead hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

I'm glad we're moving away from those kinds of roles for women, and towards ones where women actually get to be the lead hero
    They are using women as lead heroes but people are being too sensitive about crazy woman that goes out of control thing. When they just switch to a man instead who wins? A woman can never play mental unstable character every again?

The issue is them making a character mental unstable because they are woman, implying that women are emotional fragile or some nonsense like that. The problem is woman being out of control because she is woman and woman are easily unstable. The goal is to write that character without using them being a woman to say it is flaw.

As mentioned before it could be years before they even put the seeds for the X-men into the MCU.
    If The Mutants rumour is to be believed (and it's a big if admittedly), assuming that movie is say 4 years away, if Marvel wanted to start planting the seeds in their other movies it could all happen in very short order. They were very quick to incorporate ex-Fox properties into their shows (Agatha Harkness, SWORD, Evan Peters as Fietro, Madripoor in F&WS) and if they intend to set up The Mutants in other movies and shows I would expect stuff and characters to start popping up as soon as next year's movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah I don't think we'll see the Phoenix story play out again anytime soon but when we finally do I believe the only way forward is to do it the WandaVision way, with a tv show exploring a young woman's struggles with grief, passion, loss and nearly-unlimited power.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I will never understand this argument about Mystique! They literally spend an entire (gorgeous) movie (Days of Future Past) to explain to the audience why Mystique changed her villainous ways and became a new character in the timeline...we had several movies with Mystique as a villain before the timeline was changed. She as a character keeping her hope for humanity alive was one of the main reasons why the timeline changed so fundamentally.

She also never stopped NOT being an antagonist for Xavier in the entire series. Maybe she was part of the X-Men team but she always had a different point of view than Charles.

I also think that Claremont had several moments in his writings where Mystique was shown as a mutant rights activist and less as a crazy sociopath backstopping everybody all the time.
    I was totally down for Mystique to go down the mutant activist route from the comics after DoFP. However Mystique was never this big mutant celebrity or the LEADER of the X-Men. I think she works better as an anti-hero but they made her the face of the team because JLaw got famous.