Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I could see “The Mutants” being the actual title because it references Stan Lee’s original idea for a title and it would completely distance it from the Fox movies.

It absolutely sounds like a code or WIP name. I don't think they'd miss an opportunity to cash in on the X-Men IP that they waited for and paid so much to finally get!

What phase will it be? 5? The MCU will be so different, it's hard to say what kind of world the X-Men will inhabit. Will the FF take over as the more prominent "celebrity" superhero team? I think that's a good way to go since the OG Avengers will be gone (and the Young Avengers being possibly introduced).

I don't envy Kevin Feige trying to weave this all together!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Well I am sure "The Mutants" is the project title - not the actually movie title.
    Very likely.
    Though "The Mutants" could actualy be a fitting title for a foundation movie or mini series for the Disney+ streaming service which establishes a world of x-gene powered mutants without having to establish the X-men right away.

Like a mixture of NYX and District X staring Lucas Bishop as cop who via accident discovers he has mutant powers and is "promoted" to the understaffed police force of District X. A run down, locked off neighbourhood in Chicago (as a change of pace from New York and to reduce the presence of New York based super heros), in which mutants were "encouraged" to move in.
    Which causes a constant friction between the remnants of the old normal human residents and the increasing number of mutant ones.
    So Bishop has to come to terms with his new found super powers (and overcomming his denial of them), while he encounters various characters of the District. Like a wannabe king pin with a gang of laughable weak powered goons, the enigmatic Hellfire Company which is secretly pulling the strings on a drug ring based on the powers of a mutant, the Morlocks who live underneath the district in various old tunnels, a group of performers including a young woman doing daring stunts and seemingly recovering from any injuries she recieves and a mysterious killer.

And at the end of the last episodes' credits they could have a scene of either him being visisted by a red haired woman and man with red sunglasses who want to recruit him or there could be someone from the MCU dimension hopping infront of him.

As for using a Hulk movie to introduce Wolverine. Hulk solo movies can't be done, since the movie rights are still split on the character. Marvel can make movies WITH Hulk in them but not Hulk solo movies. Hence Thor Ragnarok.

Fantastic Member

While I see why they would keep it as a representation of something different, I hope it changes. Having the new mutants just released, then followed by the mutants as a newer film seems bad.

Omega Red is supposedly going to be in the new Falcon and Winter Soldier movie so I knew it was coming soon. I'm ready for Storm!

BANNED

I just made a thread about this on tv/forum, I saw this news earlier and ignored it because I thought it was one of those twitter fan jokes of fan theories.

I think this is a bad idea but at the same time it could be good for the Disney branding of xmen and we all know what that is going to be.

I hope "The Mutants" is just a production name or a starting point and they're not trying to avoid the X-Men name/brand.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Everyone says this and I don't agree at all. That's not what the X-Men are... they're not the Avengers. The Avengers all debuted individually because they're a collection of "Earth's mightiest heroes". The X-Men are a family and they made their introduction together. Aside from Logan, they don't really do solo stories. They have little mini adventures and a mini-series here and there, but they are a found family first and foremost. It's like saying you want solo Mr. Fantastic or Thing movies before the Fantastic Four. (I know, not a perfect analogy but similar IMO.)
    Im not saying individual characters need movies im saying each movie should spotlight groups of characters. We shouldnt have to wait for an X-Men movie to introduce all the popular x-men. They should appear in other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    The events of Giant-Size X-Men were one issue. And the recruiting just the first act. That is not material for a whole series of movies. They literally debuted in one issue.

EDIT: I think there's some confusion. They don't have to all be X-Men at the start of the movie. I just want the X-Men to first debut in their own movie. Not sprinkled all over other MCU movies.
    Yes, they did all debut in the same issue - but Xavier was flying around the world.

Imagine -

Wolverine appears in Hulk (because Hulk is in Canada)
    Storm appears in Black Panther (II, III, IV, whatever)
    Colossus appears in Black Widow (II, III, IV, whatever)

They could easily use the existing MCU to show this is all connected, happening in the same world, AND pull in people who are NOT familiar with the X-Men.

Build up to the first X-Men movie entitled:

X-MEN: CHILDREN OF THE ATOM.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Basic, but fitting. "The Mutants" is actually the original name Stan Lee had for the X-Men. But it was rejected because nobody knew what a mutant was. So, he went with the X-Men. And the rest, as they say, is marvelous history.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Ok now I been laughing at the theories but is the fact that this **** cameout right before the WandaVision Finale eve not suspicious? It's highly convenient.

Finally. I don't exactly want them to rush but I hope this signals seeing the X-Men in more media now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If true, I'm pretty sure The Mutants is just a working title. No way they are going to waste arguably their most valuable brand with what would be an unrecognizable title to many.

They start from Krakoa and a mutant nation?

Extraordinary Member

Prolly just a working title...anyone remember....

As for characters...just give me the original X-Men for the first movie.