Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They are using women as lead heroes but people are being too sensitive about crazy woman that goes out of control thing. When they just switch to a man instead who wins? A woman can never play mental unstable character every again?

The issue is them making a character mental unstable because they are woman, implying that women are emotional fragile or some nonsense like that. The problem is woman being out of control because she is woman and woman are easily unstable. The goal is to write that character without using them being a woman to say it is flaw.
    I don't think anyone's saying no woman can go crazy again. It's just a tired trope many are tired of seeing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How often does heroic woman turns evil show up outside of Jean Grey (once), Scarlet Witch (once) , Polaris (twice. Sorry, salarata) and maybe Black Cat?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think Lord Claremont did it with the best intentions, as it just wasn't the done thing for a woman to be the most powerful member on a team, but it is dodgy as hell that so many male writers since seem to have decided that women just can't handle absolute power because of their oestrogren, wombs, emotions, etc. Kind of like how women used to be portrayed as having to faint all the time (with fainting couches the number one present for women on Victorian eBay) because of their frailty, and not because they were expected to wear several layers of clothes two sizes smaller than their waist.
    Don’t forget that in these stories, the Phoenix is not only a power, but also an entity. And an entity that learned how to be “human”.

It lost it with Jean when she was manipulated by Mastermind. But, to my knowledge, it never lost it with Rachel during Excalibur, written by the same Claremont.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Jean/Scott/Emma as it is in the comics is too spicy for Disney.
    Probably, but Cyclops is the one I think will be too spicy for Disney. I think even for disney, Magneto will have been done like a one dimensional villain who would have been killed of in that same movie because disney would not want to give the impression this is a character with big moral issues, one of the only other option is to sort of make him into kind of like a joke like Loki were he will no longer ever be seen as a threat, which is just not what Magneto is.

As I said, we all now have to start thinking about xmen within the Disney circles of story telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    MCU X-Men is gonna be............interesting as will be the reception to it.
    I already have a big clue on the reception. It will be more like their Spiderman movies reception.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Even the vanilla ice cream relationships are too spicy for Disney.
    Gamora would've rode Quill and voided the warranty on the same day.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Magneto will probably like Killmonger, who they made to be more like Magneto anyways frankly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Magneto will probably like Killmonger, who they made to be more like Magneto anyways frankly.
    Magneto is not a self-centered villain who wants to seize control of the whole world. Killmonger was the only villain in MCU who was written decently within a film. Most of the villains were nerfed and deconstructed in MCU(like Thanos)

I was hoping for Phase 5 to be mutant-themed. Thor vs Apocalypse, Carol versus the Shiar, the Guardians meets the Starjammers, Black Widow infiltrates Friends of Humanity, Hulk versus Wolverine etc.

I could go on but you get the idea. Matchups are what fans go for in shared universe/crossover fiction. Let's indulge my friends.

On a less comical note, I think the only characters you really need are Professor X and Magneto. So I don't mind skipping ahead to Generation X or the Academy x kids from the early 2000s. Granted I could see them mixing and matching different generations to get the roster they want.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Probably, but Cyclops is the one I think will be too spicy for Disney.
    Nobody in their right mind says Cyclops is spicy. He's kinda boring

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Even the vanilla ice cream relationships are too spicy for Disney.
    Gamora would've rode Quill and voided the warranty on the same day.
    I don't like most MCU romances but I'm glad they didn't waste time on stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was hoping for Phase 5 to be mutant-themed. Thor vs Apocalypse, Carol versus the Shiar, the Guardians meets the Starjammers, Black Widow infiltrates Friends of Humanity, Hulk versus Wolverine etc.

I could go on but you get the idea. Matchups are what fans go for in shared universe/crossover fiction. Let's indulge my friends.

On a less comical note, I think the only characters you really need are Professor X and Magneto. So I don't mind skipping ahead to Generation X or the Academy x kids from the early 2000s. Granted I could see them mixing and matching different generations to get the roster they want.
    I hope there isn't too much mutant stuff overshadowing the Avengers side of the MCU, which I happed to like a bit more. But I like your ideas. I don't think we need to rehash old dynamics. i don't even think we really need Prof X and Magneto anymore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Magneto is not a self-centered villain who wants to seize control of the whole world. Killmonger was the only villain in MCU who was written decently within a film. Most of the villains were nerfed and deconstructed in MCU(like Thanos)
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

I have already said this on the tv/forum. what is strange was some did not even know they made killmonger to be like magneto to the not so greatest results. they want magneto to be him? LOL

I dont think MCU needs a thanos anymore. it is best they focus more on stand alone grounded stories.

Also to the many xmen fans who says you do want the drama, I must remind you all that the MCU crossovers Thanos stuff have the least drama. I think their movies do slightly better when they are more contained like dr strange and winter solider with story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How often does heroic woman turns evil show up outside of Jean Grey (once), Scarlet Witch (once) , Polaris (twice. Sorry, salarata) and maybe Black Cat?
    Right? Outside of all those times, and all of fiction that's not Marvel comics, it's basically never happened.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Right? Outside of all those times, and all of fiction that's not Marvel comics, it's basically never happened.
    Here's a link: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...lePoweredWoman

I think they'll do first class 05's
    While having Rouge Storm Wolverine appearing elsewhere.untill they officially join.
    I would say they probably won't touch the DPS until the end of the franchise which is most likely six movies in

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I think they'll do first class 05's
    While having Rouge Storm Wolverine appearing elsewhere.untill they officially join.
    I would say they probably won't touch the DPS until the end of the franchise which is most likely six movies in
    Aren't the O5 a bit boring? Plus an all-white team in phase 4 representing diversity wouldn't go over well.

I'd skip ahead to more popular or recent teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Aren't the O5 a bit boring? Plus an all-white team in phase 4 representing diversity wouldn't go over well.

I'd skip ahead to more popular or recent teams.
    I agree. they should jump straight ahead for aversion of the Giant Sized or Outback teams. The characters, that I feel, could use a break are: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Beast, Magneto, Professor and Mystique.

Maybe it's hard to do the X-Men without the Professor but the rest I think could wait and leave space for the characters that deserve a proper spotlight and proper character development: Cyclops, Roque, Gambit, Iceman, Angel, Kurt, Betsy and specially Storm!

Jean is in a very delicate position since the MCU basically made Wanda an amalgamation of both characters...
    A picture would last longer darling...