Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If you rent out your house to someone and you are now using it again why would what they did do affect what you are doing? What Fox did should have zero effect on what happens to the X-men at Marvel. This is a clean start to tell the BEST x-men stories as best you can understand things have to be adapted for movies, a new time period, and a different universe.

Avengers are incorporating more new characters after like 13 plus years and 23 movies with old characters being the focus, They didn't skip Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk went straight to Riri Williams, Patriot, and Kamela Khan.

Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Cable isn't more popular than War Machine, She-Hulk, Iron Heart, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury, Moon Knight? Those characters have shows, X-men characters will get shows the movies won't be the only option. If done right X-men won't be the only movie as well.
    I know it's a different continuity, but we saw Cyclops, Jean, etc. for years. I'm not saying skip them, so much as make them the older group to help out newer characteres.

Honestly, I don't know if those characters you mentioned are more popular. It's hard for me to gauge in the comics, but Ms Marvel, for instance, has become quite popular recently in the comics, and War-Machine and Vision are probably more well liked than Gambit, Rogue or Bishop by the general public.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    All I want is a team that isn't mostly white characters + Storm.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I would love a Hispanic character on the team! MCU is severely lacking in Hispanic/Latinx representation.
    I think MoM will have one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's funny how all this is wrong

That is right, it has already been talked about on tv/forums. there is evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. they should jump straight ahead for aversion of the Giant Sized or Outback teams. The characters, that I feel, could use a break are: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Beast, Magneto, Professor and Mystique.

Maybe it's hard to do the X-Men without the Professor but the rest I think could wait and leave space for the characters that deserve a proper spotlight and proper character development: Cyclops, Roque, Gambit, Iceman, Angel, Kurt, Betsy and specially Storm!

Jean is in a very delicate position since the MCU basically made Wanda an amalgamation of both characters..
    Contrary to this ever growing theory, I see no resemblance Jean has to Wanda apart from the telepath thing in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Honestly, I don't know if those characters you mentioned are more popular. It's hard for me to gauge in the comics, but Ms Marvel, for instance, has become quite popular recently in the comics, and War-Machine and Vision are probably more well liked than Gambit, Rogue or Bishop by the general public.
    To which I am telling you those characters are more popular, And saying Vision and War Machine is more popular is a function of them showing up in a popular movie. And that statement won't be true when X-men characters show up in their popular current movie and get their add fanbase from the masses.

I can say the X-men have core group of characters but it is simpler to just show it

X-men animated series: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Morph
    X-men evolution: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Kitty, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Spike
    Wolverine and X-men: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Angel, Iceman, and Forge & White Queen
    X-men anime: Cyclops, wolverine, Storm,Beast, Jean Grey, and Armor & White Queen
    X-men1: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue
    X-men 2: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Kitty,Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, and Pyro
    X-men 3: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Kitty, Beast, Iceman, Colossus

and just for fun and to drive home what didn't work

First-class: Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Darwin, and Angel Salvadore
    DoFP Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Wolverine, Storm Kitty,Iceman,
    All the rest X-movies: Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Nightcrawler

If people have a problem with "core" characters showing up, I wonder how you become an X-men fan, If you different favorite characters I get it the line has expanded over the years but there has never been a point these characters have not been a focal point of the line. I am just saying if they say they are making a X-men movie you know who is going to show up. I am fan new stuff too but they should show up in a New X-men, X-factor or X-force or add in the mix with the core players not replace them.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-11-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

To which I am telling you those characters are more popular, And saying Vision and War Machine is more popular is a function of them showing up in a popular movie. And that statement won't be true when X-men characters show up in their popular current movie and get their add fanbase from the masses.

I can say the X-men have core group of characters but it is simpler to just show it

X-men animated series: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Morph
    X-men evolution: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Kitty, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Spike
    Wolverine and X-men: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Angel, Iceman, and Forge & White Queen
    X-men anime: Cyclops, wolverine, Storm,Beast, Jean Grey, and Armor & White Queen
    X-men1: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue
    X-men 2: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Kitty,Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, and Pyro
    X-men 3: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Kitty, Beast, Iceman, Colossus

and just for fun and to drive home what didn't work

First-class: Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Darwin, and Angel Salvadore
    DoFP Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Wolverine, Storm Kitty,Iceman,
    All the rest X-movies: Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Nightcrawler

If people have a problem with "core" characters showing up, I wonder how you become an X-men fan, If you different favorite characters I get it the line has expanded over the years but there has never been a point these characters have not been a focal point of the line. I am just saying if they say they are making a X-men movie you know who is going to show up. I am fan new stuff too but they should show up in a New X-men, X-factor or X-force or add in the mix with the core players not replace them.
    I guess for me I wanted the X-Men to parallel the Avengers. Soon we'll be having younger Avengers alongside older Avengers, so I thought the X-Men could so the same. The core X-Men wouls have senior positions while the more recent ones would be the "new kids on the block"

About character popularity, I don't doubt the X-Men are popular, so I'll take your word for it, but I don't know if anyone can know for certain

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Let's not pretend the MCU was ever going to use the Phoenix anytime soon after not one but two failures at it in the movies. Same reason I'm certain the villain of the FF reboot isn't Doom.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Let's not pretend the MCU was ever going to use the Phoenix anytime soon after not one but two failures at it in the movies. Same reason I'm certain the villain of the FF reboot isn't Doom.
    Yeah, I doubt we'll see Dark Phoenix, but the Phoenix Force itself could show up

The Phoenix stuff wouldn't be a "soon" thing anyway but I don't see why the MCU would avoid it, Fox did them a favor doing the story awful. Let's be real you are saying, Jean Grey has the phoenix, that the Hellfire Club influenced her turning her into unstable or "Dark Phoenix" and Shiar Death commandos come to earth capture her and take her to be executed her and X-men fly into space to stop them couldn't happen? Does that sound like the Fox movies?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-11-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The Phoenix stuff wouldn't be a "soon" thing anyway but I don't see why the MCU would avoid it,
    I guess you missed the part about two flops with the same story, one very recent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I guess you missed the part about two flops with the same story, one very recent.
    Well, there have been many Phoenix storylines, so they could change it around enough.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah, I doubt we'll see Dark Phoenix, but the Phoenix Force itself could show up
    I guess I could see the Guardians run up against it. Then if they do AvX or the like thered be more compelling a case for not letting the Phoenix get to earth.

Ultimate Member

I guess I could see the Guardians run up against it. Then if they do AvX or the like thered be more compelling a case for not letting the Phoenix get to earth.
    You think they'll do AvX?

You think they'll do AvX?
    It would bare no resemblance to comic version like Civil War.

Ultimate Member

It would bare no resemblance to comic version like Civil War.
    Probably, considering how different the MCU is now from the comics

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

To do AvX, you need Avengers and X-Men, right now you don't have any of those and probably won't have for quite some time.