Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...dor-daredevil/

We Got This Covered is, quite frankly, BS rumours 90% of the time, so much so that no other site ever reports their "scoops". Still, it's fun to discuss and speculate...

Personally, I don't see Nolan wanting to get involved with such a massive, spin-off-heavy property and all the headaches that come with a shared universe. He always seemed content to do his own thing in his fantastic little corner and then move on. Still, there's no denying that his wonderful brand of storytelling, crazy sci-fi ideas and overall genius approach could be a beautiful match to Marvel's merry mutants.

What would you think about the idea of Christopher Nolan helming the X-Men reboot?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Implying the X-Men should be broke because some non-Caucasian people in real life are broke. It's fiction.
    Implying Xavier used his money to make bad Star Wars movies or something. Magneto and Apocalypse are rich too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    What would you think about the idea of Christopher Nolan helming the X-Men reboot?
    High chance he'll say 'No'.
    "Cable was right!"

Would love Nolan to direct X-Men but it just won`t happen. I think they would offer him something completely cosmic like Silver Surfer or other movie that will be mostly or completely in space or other worlds.

Ultimate Member

I like Nolan's movies a lot, but characterization is something he's struggled with IMO. X-Men heavily depends on characters so could pull that off? I have no doubt he'll succeed in the crazy sci-fi plot aspects, way more than Singer ever could

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    High chance he'll say 'No'.
    1.000% chance he'll say no. Anyone that thinks the most commercially successful director of the millennium will accept direct Marvel movies doesn't have the slightest idea of how the business works.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    1.000% chance he'll say no. Anyone that thinks the most commercially successful director of the millennium will accept direct Marvel movies doesn't have the slightest idea of how the business works.
    But Nolan doesn't want to be known as a superhero guy and from his other projects, he mostly focuses on one character with a bunch of support characters helping them so he'll probably pass on X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...dor-daredevil/

We Got This Covered is, quite frankly, BS rumours 90% of the time, so much so that no other site ever reports their "scoops". Still, it's fun to discuss and speculate...

Personally, I don't see Nolan wanting to get involved with such a massive, spin-off-heavy property and all the headaches that come with a shared universe. He always seemed content to do his own thing in his fantastic little corner and then move on. Still, there's no denying that his wonderful brand of storytelling, crazy sci-fi ideas and overall genius approach could be a beautiful match to Marvel's merry mutants.

No thanks. Like Mik said, Nolan struggles with characterization. And with how grounded his Batman was, I have a feeling his X-Men would end up being similar. I could see him doing a good DD though
    Make Good Art

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    No thanks. Like Mik said, Nolan struggles with characterization. And with how grounded his Batman was, I have a feeling his X-Men would end up being similar. I could see him doing a good DD though
    Agreed. And frankly I've had enough of colorless grounded X-Men. As I said I think Nolan would make a good plot, but his characters would be "good enough" not "great", and the X-Men also need more characterization in the movies after what Singer did to them (although I think Nolan is way better than singer)

I like your suggestion about DD and wouldn't be opposed to it. It's a more singularly focused narrative less connected to the wider universe so Nolan would do better in that than in X-Men

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

In terms of strong character work paired with a great flair for superheroics and sci-fi and great action scenes, I can't think of a better match than the Wachowski siblings. For what is Sense8 if not an X-Men show done right? I'm surprised no Marvel project has ever happened with them so far, you can clearly see how comicbooks are just part of their language in everything they do.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

We Made This Up is not even remotely reliable. And while it seems like the HBO Max stuff might turn him off from WB, I doubt he'd jump ship right to Marvel. Maybe to Fox if anything Disney-related

I could see Nolan coming to Disney as a career move. He did Batman and the Prestige in order to get Inception made sorta thing. If he had to do a Marvel property I'd rather he do this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe than tackling the X-men.

If he moved to Disney it'd be to do his own stuff under the 20th banner. I think he's done with adapting stuff.

Ultimate Member

In terms of strong character work paired with a great flair for superheroics and sci-fi and great action scenes, I can't think of a better match than the Wachowski siblings. For what is Sense8 if not an X-Men show done right? I'm surprised no Marvel project has ever happened with them so far, you can clearly see how comicbooks are just part of their language in everything they do.
    Dear God, not the Wachowskis! Their pretentious verbose nonsense is exactly the wrong fit for the X-Men. They're the definition of style, not substance

My personal guess is that it'll be Chloe Zhao, since I bet theyll tie the history of mutants to the Deviants. Or Coogler if they really want to go in on the racial metaphors

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    My personal guess is that it'll be Chloe Zhao, since I bet theyll tie the history of mutants to the Deviants. Or Coogler if they really want to go in on the racial metaphors
    Would Coogler want to do racial metaphors with white characters after already doing the real deal?

Deviants are mutants of their own world, I believe, so I think you could be right on that.