Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They start from Krakoa and a mutant nation?
    Ya know since they completely fucked up with the Inhumans they could probably get away with that if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know since they completely fucked up with the Inhumans they could probably get away with that if they want to.
    I was also thinking that, now that they've bought Fox and the X-Men movies are on disney plus, plus gifted etc you can just go and watch that for origin movies. But between Krakoas resurrection programme and Wandas multiverse shenanigans they can bring back anyone they want and recast anyone they feel like.

With all the effort gone into the comics to build mutant culture starting off as a nation with "strange" customs would add to that queerness it would also explain how they have kept a low profile for all these years and seperate them from normal supes. In essence they are the inhumans

I really love how websites give the most obvious stories and everyone believe on it. I'm pretty sure the workname won't be mutants so this is fake

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I was also thinking that, now that they've bought Fox and the X-Men movies are on disney plus, plus gifted etc you can just go and watch that for origin movies. But between Krakoas resurrection programme and Wandas multiverse shenanigans they can bring back anyone they want and recast anyone they feel like.

With all the effort gone into the comics to build mutant culture starting off as a nation with "strange" customs would add to that queerness it would also explain how they have kept a low profile for all these years and seperate them from normal supes. In essence they are the inhumans
    Key difference is that they aren't a bunch of people cast off from the world for thousands of years, they are all born and lived outside Krakoa nearly all their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Prolly just a working title...anyone remember....

As for characters...just give me the original X-Men for the first movie.
    There's zero chance of they starting with the 05, not diverse enough, and also in four movies the Avengers didn't feature a single line-up from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I really love how websites give the most obvious stories and everyone believe on it. I'm pretty sure the workname won't be mutants so this is fake
    Hence why I said if true. People automatically believe any of these news.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So that means that Firestar and Iceman can appear in the next Spider-Man movie!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

Hence why I said if true. People automatically believe any of these news.
    eventually they gonna work on that and magically it will be true one day. Just today it was said that they started working on next avengers movie, of course they can produce two movies on the same time, but Marvel doesn't look worried about x-men. Some months ago Feige said that it is on early talks with no solid plans.

I’m so sick of the MCU. Hopefully they’ll switch up the aesthetic and tone so the X-Men don’t feel like Avengers 2.0

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    eventually they gonna work on that and magically it will be true one day. Just today it was said that they started working on next avengers movie, of course they can produce two movies on the same time, but Marvel doesn't look worried about x-men. Some months ago Feige said that it is on early talks with no solid plans.
    Yeah, I wouldn't take Feige word as 100% true either- I imagine they won't announce it even if they have solid plans, maybe even a writer working on it, for fear of overshadowing some of the next films, particularly ones that are from less well-known characters. Plus, a lot depends on vaccine distribution and cinemas being fully reopened around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't take Feige word as 100% true either- I imagine they won't announce it even if they have solid plans, maybe even a writer working on it, for fear of overshadowing some of the next films, particularly ones that are from less well-known characters. Plus, a lot depends on vaccine distribution and cinemas being fully reopened around the world.
    I really don't think Feige has reasons to lie, for example FF for now only has the director. There is a lot of pre-production to figure out for x-men

The mutants sound like a great way to focus the entire universe of characters remember something like Krakoa had no "X-men" for awhile. So it would be fine if they do mutant-centric stories which could be Magneto, it could be Mystique, It could be Morlocks, It could be Gambit, It could be Genosha, etc as the Mutants but X-men is the story of our favorites doing hero stuff.

It is probably just code name but the franchise is so huge and filled with characters focusing just on the "X-men" and not utilizing all these other characters is a bad idea. I would mind a Heroes approach that focuses on a bunch of different mutants that maybe leads up to the "X-men"
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-04-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Imagine -

Wolverine appears in Hulk (because Hulk is in Canada)
    Storm appears in Black Panther (II, III, IV, whatever)
    Colossus appears in Black Widow (II, III, IV, whatever)
    hey, it's just an opinion, but I've stated that this is exactly what I don't want. With the X-Men, IMO I feel it dilutes the narrative of a solid mutant oppression storyline in favor of building hype.

But it's fine and obviously not up to me.

The mutants will most likely encompass everything. The x-men. The new mutants (rebooted again i guess?) x-factor.
    So many possibilities.

Krakoa is definitely coming to the golden screen.

Terrible title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The mutants sound like a great way to focus the entire universe of characters remember something like Krakoa had no "X-men" for awhile. So it would be fine if they do mutant-centric stories which could be Magneto, it could be Mystique, It could be Morlocks, It could be Gambit, It could be Genosha, etc as the Mutants but X-men is the story of our favorites doing hero stuff.

No, it doesn't. its not even close. While I expect big fans of MCU to call anything mcu announces great, I do wish some hard realism is still applied. Krokoa was the next phase in another long line of stories about mutants liberation or whatever, it's not even comparable here

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    The events of Giant-Size X-Men were one issue. And the recruiting just the first act. That is not material for a whole series of movies. They literally debuted in one issue.

EDIT: I think there's some confusion. They don't have to all be X-Men at the start of the movie. I just want the X-Men to first debut in their own movie. Not sprinkled all over other MCU movies.
    Agreed to that, it is better they have their own stand alone film than sprinked over, the sprinkling part is just more MCU formula stuff that bears no deeper meaning to anything. however with a couple of stand alone films, it is far more convincing to believe that this are a difference breed of the human race.

I just love that the public and "news blogs" are putting pressure on Marvel Studios to finally bring the X-Men back on screen.

WandaVision also did a good job with bringing Quicksilver in.

I think it is time to give us more X-Men content ASAP!

I'm celebrating today by rewatching this great trailer of a mediocre movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azvR__GRQic