Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Technically it'd be Michelle Pfieffer.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Technically it'd be Michelle Pfieffer.
    Speaking of which I want to see Blob in the MCU. Always found the guy hilarious. Not this instance though.

Feige said as recently as January that the X-Men are 5-6 years out. So even if we see specific characters tied to the franchise the actual team is quite a ways out.

My guess he's going to revisit his old pitch to Donner about a series of projects about individual X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Feige said as recently as January that the X-Men are 5-6 years out. So even if we see specific characters tied to the franchise the actual team is quite a ways out.

My guess he's going to revisit his old pitch to Donner about a series of projects about individual X-Men.
    He pitched that?

I'm trying to find where it originally came up (I think a Vanity Fair thing) but yeah he basically pitched a Phase 1 for the X-Men franchise

Ultimate Member

I'm trying to find where it originally came up (I think a Vanity Fair thing) but yeah he basically pitched a Phase 1 for the X-Men franchise
    How many X-Men could actually do that in a movie?

I think that format could better work on D+

I imagine it's be less like the Avengers did it, but it could work for a few key characters. I think they'll do Krakoa eventually but it'd be a terrible place to start for an origin story unless they drastically change how it works.

Ultimate Member

I imagine it's be less like the Avengers did it, but it could work for a few key characters. I think they'll do Krakoa eventually but it'd be a terrible place to start for an origin story unless they drastically change how it works.
    I hope with the MCU X-Men they focus more on individual X-Men storylines first rather than some grand narrative like Krakoa or AoA. It sometimes feels to me the big overarching plots can take away from the individual journeys of these characters, especially when they're trapped in the same "mutant persecution" cycle for 60 years. I want the MCU to distinguish itself from that.

Crazily enough despite the number of X-Men movies there's still quite a bit of ground they haven't covered they can use before trying something like Krakoa.

Except the Phoenix. That's been beaten to death.

Ultimate Member

Crazily enough despite the number of X-Men movies there's still quite a bit of ground they haven't covered they can use before trying something like Krakoa.

Except the Phoenix. That's been beaten to death.
    Exactly. X-Men have a bunch of stories outside of "man hates mutant, Magneto hates man" which the XCU overdid. Even the Phoenix isn't just "Jean goes crazy". As long as there's no depowering mutants nonsense!