Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I agree!

Although I feel maybe they should use different mutants. Not ones we've seen in a dozen films. The X-Men roster is vast.
    One of my fundamental problems with mutant-verse is that there seems to be so many of them they hardly classify as a minority. Certainly they have little to fear, aggression-wise, from non mutants.

Give me a movie where mutants are rare things, less populous, for example, than the number of Skrulls that fit on a spaceship in Captain Marvel. Give them a reason to feel threatened, a sense of urgency and desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Other then his missing eye how is he really disabled? I mean nick Fury is a beast. I would love to be that level of Disabled!
    Other than his disability, how is he disabled? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I get that is is a disability. i just dont look at a guy who can kick the ass of 99 percent of the world as disabled. I dont view Nick Fury as a Disabled person. I view him as a badass spy.

Edit - Just from my point of view I am blind in my right eye from an injury I suffered in prison. I dont consider myself disabled.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-05-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Castle I am not saying that the Xmen did a bad job with the metaphor. Because they did not. They had some great stories. I am just saying the metaphor is no longer needed when in this day in age we can have actual stories and not metaphors.
    Honesty I have had this conversation before but with another person, but to cut the story short, he said he hated that xmen made it too real with magneto in actual nazi concertation camps as a jewish boy even before it was revealed magneto is a mutant during world war 2. he preferred Captain America fighting the fictional hyra in world war 2 instead.

the metaphor aspect of xmen is sometimes used for their more sci-fi stories because it is still a comic book fictional series. you can still talk about jews sent to gas chambers in world war 2 and mutants also sent to the mutant version of gas chambers in Days of future Past.

the real actual stories could be just a day to day thing they come across in xmen.

here is a good clip where race is not a metaphor. but racism itself is called out and by Storm who is black.

Last edited by Castle; 03-05-2021 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

Perhaps better phrased as "how does his disability manifest itself? How does it affect him? "

With Charles, he is limited to reaching out with his mind. As it was stated in one of the movie, the arch enemy of Xavier is stairs.

How does Fury's missing eye affect him? He has to turn to see a console.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Maybe let's not make the one literally called Beast who runs around on all 4 fours and turns into a furry creature black
    There's some bad implications there
    What X-Men books y'all been reading?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Honestly assuming this is even true it’s going to be just one movie that leads into the X-Men being formed, probably multiple teams and the like. So don’t really see why we had to have things descend into eight pages of ranting just because a movie might elect not to mention X-Men immediately. Honestly I think it’s an interesting approach.

To have X-Men we need Mutants to be a thing. Same as how Eternals would have been hard to set up without establishing Thanos and the Celestials as a lead in.

Ultimate Member

I guess I have just seen the Xmen metaphor as kind of lazy. Please hear me out. Yes they did some really good stories but I think Marvel got very dependent on over using that metaphor.

"Hey Civil rights in the news what should we do?"

"Lets do a mutant discrimination story so that (Insert oppressed group here) will know we are on there side."

"Gay rights is in the news what should we do?"

"Do a mutant Discrimination story so the gays know we are on they side." Like the scene with Iceman at his parents house in X2. So many of my gay friends were like see they are talking about us! But it was in a half hearted way I feel.

Rather then do a meaningful impactful story on civil rights and gay and trans rights they would just write up another mutant discrimination story and let people decide for themselves if they are included in that. It was like having their cake and eating it to. And in the end it got lazy.
    I can't disagree. I feel like their hearts were in the right place, but it's time to move on

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Honesty I have had this conversation before but with another person, but to cut the story short, he said he hated that xmen made it too real with magneto in actual nazi concertation camps as a jewish boy even before it was revealed magneto is a mutant during world war 2. he preferred Captain America fighting the fictional hyra in world war 2 instead.

the metaphor aspect of xmen is sometimes used for their more sci-fi stories because it is still a comic book fictional series. you can still talk about jews sent to gas chambers in world war 2 and mutants also sent to the mutant version of gas chambers in Days of future Past.

the real actual stories could be just a day to day thing they come across in xmen.

here is a good clip where race is not a metaphor. but racism itself is called out and by Storm who is black.

I don't know who said all that to you, but I don't see how tbat makes your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

It was settled in the last 1-2 episode before that Evan Peters QS was an imposter and not her real quicksilver

DAMMIT MAN! SPOILERS!

This was not even twelve hours old when you went out of you way to let the cat out of the bag.

Never mind that folks on the show went out of their way to ask folks not to pull this exact nonsense.

Just, come on...

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    One of my fundamental problems with mutant-verse is that there seems to be so many of them they hardly classify as a minority. Certainly they have little to fear, aggression-wise, from non mutants.

Give me a movie where mutants are rare things, less populous, for example, than the number of Skrulls that fit on a spaceship in Captain Marvel. Give them a reason to feel threatened, a sense of urgency and desperation.
    Never mind that the bulk of them could simply never use their abilities in front of John/Jane Public, and simply pass for baseline humans.

Mild "X..." Spoilers!! -

spoilers:
    Actually, Magneto did just that for a good portion of a film.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that the bulk of them could simply never use their abilities in front of John/Jane Public, and simply pass for baseline humans.

Mild "X..." Spoilers!! -

spoilers:
    Actually, Magneto did just that for a good portion of a film.
    end of spoilers
    Guys like Cyclops can hide, but not guys like Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Guys like Cyclops can hide, but not guys like Nightcrawler
    Sorta the whole point.

There is a very small group of mutants who cannot.

That said, even Hank has a way around that before the eighties even kick off.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sorta the whole point.

There is a very small group of mutants who cannot.

That said, even Hank has a way around that before the eighties even kick off.
    Ok, I may have misunderstood what you were saying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    One of my fundamental problems with mutant-verse is that there seems to be so many of them they hardly classify as a minority.
    This is not case at all. this has nothing to do with x-universe. You are talking about a different series.

Certainly they have little to fear, aggression-wise, from non mutants.
    Huh? is this xmen you are talking about.

in the real xmen, they have everything to fear, many mutants and humans hate eachother because of their differences, humans are scared of them because of what they can do or what they have, which is the common basic ground why racism and prejudice exists.

For threat, urgency and desperation. Recommended books

E is for Extinction

Messiah Complex

Second Coming

DOFP

The Mutant Massacre

All to also see when the or a mutant population is cut short. Also humans supposedly still outnumber mutants, mutants are the growing population, which is similar to themes of minorities, look no further than the changing map of USA, Latinos will become the majority by 2065. I think in fictional xmen, magneto has said many times, mutants are going to outnumber humans and some humans will rise up and fight for their own place as the rightful heirs of the land.

In real life, I have seen this with The Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingrhams of the worlds and white supremacy in USA . why else to do you think they run hate messages against immigrants from Asia, Africa and Latin America on Fox News? they do so because they are scared of what is coming in 2065 when white people will no longer be the majority of USA. Now we are talking fantastic social commentary of xmen and real world parallels

what are skrulls again? last I looked they are not supposed to have the same concepts as mutants, but you do know captain marvel was taken out by Rogue a mutant and one of the turning point in marvel stories. LoL with xmen needs to be more like captain marvel. this is what will happen when they cross parts.

you will find out just how dangerous mutants are and how they must be feared when one of them goes ROGUE.

Please nothing you said is actually related to the x-universe I know.lol. it feels as if you just want some superficial generic type of comic book or movie to start calling the mutant-verse, now this may happen under marvel studios but it will have no big meaning outside of that bubble.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-06-2021 at 03:43 AM.