Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    um, YOU put them on ignore, not the other way around. This post lacks in self-awareness lol
    You know, I think I'll follow you're advice and just not respond to him anymore. It's better all around. Thanks

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I know. Why do people keep quoting him. I like his movies a lot (the Irishman was surprisingly funny!) but he's clearly biased
    Yeah it's like when Benny Blanco shoots Carlito and Pachanga's like we got him let's go and Benny's like "Nah you stay here." Boom. Like dude this guy's not on your side lol.

Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-12-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you keep responding to them when they can't see your posts?
    I can respond to that, Ignore doesn't stop them from seeing your post. Ignore stop you from seeing their post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh, I think Scorcese is a bad example doubt he knows the difference between X-Men and Avengers movies. He lumps them altogether even turned his nose up at the Joker film.
    He does not make movies that look cartoony though. Also he never cared to comment on marvel /comics films until like recently. Additionally most of the cartoony looking movies were MCU movies and maybe some of this newer dc ones like Wonder Woman 2 but only because DC were forced to do so. the point is that xmen movies and even their tv told more grounded stories and their style reflected that. MCU would be better off perfecting that than sticking to their cartoony style approach, they can stick with that for their other stuff like Thor/GOTG/Captain Marvel, just not X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I think this is supposed to be a part-vague summary of the films that some like to exaggerate about but never really point out majorly in the film, MCU problem is that they treat everything in surface fashion, this is why when you ask for a link of a long dialogue in the film where this themes are deeply explored. they cannot do it. because what they are saying is an external addition of the film

Iron Man 2 is the one movie, fans even criticise that it took the setting up thing way too far at the expense of the entire movie's main story of government corruption and exploring Tony's character. this error is an error marvel just cannot seem to shake, it exist with the Spiderman movies , not it feels as if, it is creeping its way to Wandavsion/X-men with the whole QS issue, which is still X-men related.

black panther does not need a reharsh again, if you go on your comments about fox first class, you would see what MCU could not do, Killmonger and Black Panther did not even have a interesting dynamic like Thor and Loki, talk of a complex dynamic like Xavier and Magneto based on social themes that were explored in the film by the two characters mostly together and this is because MCU writing has gotten very generic since phase 1, black wanted wanted to kill colnanziers , he just gave a one line vague comment about it. People can repeat that all they want but it is never going to be more than what it was, a one line reference. Actual Nazi hunting is another thing in X-men

I asked where was the david duke villain in black panther that had a major story arc and no one can point that to me? I asked for about 4 scenes in the first act of black panther that actually was dealing with prejudice of colonism, no one can show me, that is what I see as dumbed down. Also I think it was Magneto and Mystique that was officially morally grey, wolverine is more bad ass than morally grey, they are not really the same thing.

If you want a morally grey wolverine, he could have killed the police that shot him in X2 but chose not too because of the younger people watching, he told Jean in X3 he does not care about them the humans, only her. He still assaulted Styker even if Xavier would have not allowed that from a student. overall, Wolverine sees a lot of Magneto in himself. So that is a grey wolverine and this is by choice, Wolverine is not brainwashed like Bucky.

Can MCU do a depression story arc like Xavier in DOFP when we know how they feel about those type of story lines that are not allowed? or God Loves, Man Kills/X2. see this is why some MCU fans so far has tried to change things by saying X-Men oppression themes never worked or xmen drama style were never necessary and they need more superhero action, some MCU fans are saying so to justify what they know will,be light hearted action mcu xmen movies that Fox already thought were not necessary for comic book films.

Bucky and wolverine have no similarities, Most of Bucky fans are the female audience because the actor is very handsome and they think he and Steve are couple or should be a couple . that is why Bucky is popular. LMAO., We will see how popular Bucky will be if he was an Asian man that weighed 300 pounds with still the same character arc in the movie. Also to compare any Bucky violence's to Wolverine is laughable. The Wolverine opening scene anyone?

I know what I am saying about Bucky because I used to watch Gossip Girl and Stan had the same effect even if he barely spoke in that show either. Bucky has lasted this long for shallow reason you find on CW shows. the actor is hot . LOL with the Bucky and Wolverine comparisons, usually I would say Wolverine and Iron Man had maybe more similar journey but what stops Iron Man from having such a drastic journey like wolverine was because we all knew, Marvel was rejecting the gritter part of iron man comics, whereas Fox at least could do that with wolverine, which pushed the characters limits to even R Rated that MCU cannot do. Hope they make even a 30% exception now they have X-Men.

Also I don't think MCU is going to make serious grounded movies like fox did, I doubt MCU will use less cartoony looking VFX , sound mixing and Cinematography with X-Men, This is even one issue many phase 1 mcu fans wish did not change about the films. I think it is strange how Marvel are loving and using Evan QS but have never talked about what made him such a splash? It has something to do with comic movies not looking like theme parks when they focus on the technical aspect of films, What are the chances we will see scene like the time in a bottle scene again in an X-Men film?

I have to simile when someone ask me what can and cant mcu do that fox did not, let me just stay maybe in my marvel phase 1 wish list with mcu xmen, than thinking of the greatest fox hits
    Half of that just doesn't make sense. I'm out don't respond to me anymore cause I won't see it. Wish you the best

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Half of that just doesn't make sense. I'm out don't respond to me anymore cause I won't see it. Wish you the best
    Preserve your mental health.