Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Possibly. But it's also the (tired) trope of the older, sage black person mentoring the young, white folks. Especially since, she'd likely be playing second to Scott and having him younger than her but still in charge is the worse option. She can be young and still a leader and display wisdom/intelligence. Why can't a younger black woman be seen as such?
    Oh, I should say the younger X-men should also be multiethnic as well. I didn't mean she should be "wise old sage," I hate that trope too. I mean more like a leader how Captain America is to the Avengers. I'd honestly rather see her lead than Cyclops, who I find boring and out of step with MCU's supposed plans for diversity. I just feel like they'll give roles to older men but not older women, mainly due to ingrained sexism, and older black women are ignored outside of that trope you've mentioned. I think as a veteran X-Woman and leader, she can be made to be the opposite of the stereotype.

BANNED

This is definitely wrong. We already know WandaVision will lead directly into Dr. Strange 2 and Captain Marvel 2 so they aren't "What If's." Feige has also already stated the shows directly affect the films and vice versa. .
    Well I definitely said I think not that I am certain, I also said loose connections, meaning no major heavily part of the story could be carried over, Lastly please don't trust everything studios tells us.

A Disney+ series would be a good way to differentiate the X-franchise from Fox's previous films, too
    I think Disney may prefer movies although with COVID things are different, however disney plus will be better because while most of the disney movies leave a lot to be desired about, their plus shows like Wandavsion and Mandaloran have a little more bone to them than their movies.

I mean on paper, it is better to have X-Men as a Mandolran show than X-Men as a Black Panther/Avengers movie. And I have always said TV is the best place for xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Cool. I assumed Iceman and Cyke are the same age as them, with Shadowcat being younger and X-23 being the most "recent" generation, if I'm not mistaken.
    In the orginal 5 Iceman was a couple years younger. Angel, Henry, Jean, and Scott were around the same age but Bobby was at least two years younger. He was always talking about being the youngest. Kitty is younger then all of them as the New Team after the original 5 were all adults. or at least like Peter late teens (Peter was 19 I think) Storm, Banshee, Wovlerine, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird they were all older. At least that is how I remember it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I mean on paper, it is better to have X-Men as a Mandolran show than X-Men as a Black Panther/Avengers movie. And I have always said TV is the best place for xmen.
    Meaning what?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In the orginal 5 Iceman was a couple years younger. Angel, Henry, Jean, and Scott were around the same age but Bobby was at least two years younger. He was always talking about being the youngest. Kitty is younger then all of them as the New Team after the original 5 were all adults. or at least like Peter late teens (Peter was 19 I think) Storm, Banshee, Wovlerine, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird they were all older.
    I think they could pattern it similarly to how the MCU Avengers appear to be going with older and younger characters in the next few phases.

. And I have always said TV is the best place for xmen.

I think there can be a mix of the two,. A show with some of the lesser known mutants who kind of view the Xmen and Brotherhood depending on their side as these amazing awesome beings, groups they would love to be a part. of.

Or maybe do a show like has been said by me and a couple others that introduces the over all world of the mutants. maybe even introduce a couple of the future Xmen in the show to set them up and have a major event to kick the movie off.

I would love to see the Xmen cast with maybe some lesser known stars or stars who are willing to be in both a movies and a series. So we get the big screen and Disney+
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

In the orginal 5 Iceman was a couple years younger. Angel, Henry, Jean, and Scott were around the same age but Bobby was at least two years younger. He was always talking about being the youngest. Kitty is younger then all of them as the New Team after the original 5 were all adults. or at least like Peter late teens (Peter was 19 I think) Storm, Banshee, Wovlerine, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird they were all older. At least that is how I remember it.
    Honestly this used to be a running joke for me as a reader, the characters dont age but they ...um....age.

Kitty was always the youngest before Jubillee and X23 or the new mutant kids , it was said that kitty was too young to date Colossus but they start hooking up in the 90s. I have always said for me as a reader, external POV, Most of the A-Mutants were around the same age. However what may make them look or feel more mature is their personality. I was proven correct about this with xmen evolution, Only Storm and Wolverine outside of Xavier were the adults on the show while the others including Scott, Jean, Nightcrawler, were made to be teens

However and I think I Have said this already on xbooks, they should not be teens, live teen xmen was one of the first nails of the rebooted fox timeline after DOFP.

I had no problem with Peter and Kitty in the 90s. They were both adults at that point granted Kitty was still younger. But 6 year difference between adults is not a huge deal.

The Clermont Era Kitty having a school girl crush on Peter would have been fine but they had an adult Peter return the feelings. I know some people say well he was only 19. Yea I get that but it was still a bit creepy to see a legal adult have such strong feelings for a character who was legally a child.

Astonishing Member

I had no problem with Peter and Kitty in the 90s. They were both adults at that point granted Kitty was still younger. But 6 year difference between adults is not a huge deal.

The Clermont Era Kitty having a school girl crush on Peter would have been fine but they had an adult Peter return the feelings. I know some people say well he was only 19. Yea I get that but it was still a bit creepy to see a legal adult have such strong feelings for a character who was legally a child.
    Colossus was already a deadbeat dad at age 19. He had a kid from his Savage Land visit before he ever met Kitty.

Ultimate Member

Goodness, no! No creepy underage romances. MCU needs to stay away from that.

I prefer romances between character who are closer in age, tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Given the etymology of "man" (from Proto-Indo-European "man-" meaning human being) that is the gender neutral word. But I know the court of public opinion has ruled that doesn't matter and I'm never going to win my case.
    You win it with me.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

However and I think I Have said this already on xbooks, they should not be teens, live teen xmen was one of the first nails of the rebooted fox timeline after DOFP.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with some X-Men being teens.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    You win it with me.
    Words do evolve, though. Plus those words came from a time when male was the default designation for every species

[/B]

I think there can be a mix of the two,. A show with some of the lesser known mutants who kind of view the Xmen and Brotherhood depending on their side as these amazing awesome beings, groups they would love to be a part. of.

Or maybe do a show like has been said by me and a couple others that introduces the over all world of the mutants. maybe even introduce a couple of the future Xmen in the show to set them up and have a major event to kick the movie off.

I would love to see the Xmen cast with maybe some lesser known stars or stars who are willing to be in both a movies and a series. So we get the big screen and Disney+
    Just do it similar to how the MCU is already structured. The X-Men are movies and the sub franchises like X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, etc are television series.

Ultimate Member

Just do it similar to how the MCU is already structured. The X-Men are movies and the sub franchises like X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, etc are television series.
    Good thinking! I've said before I think the "X" is the only real part of the brand which matters.