Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think the OG team is better than most for superhero diversity. It's one of the whitest groups of X-Men ever.
    X-Men, yes!

For on screen super teams, Bobby and Xavier showcase more diversity than MCU Avengers right there.

There are so many mutants to choose from and showcase, it would not be hard to be more inclusive.

And given the X-Men fanbase, I sure as hell hope they are inclusive of non-traditional characters and the representation that wold bring to the big screen.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I highly doubt the name of the X-Men will ever change, nor do I think that anyone out there finds it offensive except for one guy (cuz there is always that one guy).

But if we have to entertain this idea, The X-Humans wouldn't be a horrible alternative brand name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think the OG team is better than most for superhero diversity. It's one of the whitest groups of X-Men ever.
    This is why I don't have a problem changing race from the original source material. All the characters were default white male. Even Jeans entire identity is the girl of the group. Make Warren or Hank black. With Warren, you can show how being rich helped protect him from most discrimination, but not all.

With Hank, it plays up the fact that despite having genius intelligence, most people see him as a brutish thug.

Castle I am not saying that the Xmen did a bad job with the metaphor. Because they did not. They had some great stories. I am just saying the metaphor is no longer needed when in this day in age we can have actual stories and not metaphors.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    X-Men, yes!

For on screen super teams, Bobby and Xavier showcase more diversity than MCU Avengers right there.

There are so many mutants to choose from and showcase, it would not be hard to be more inclusive.

And given the X-Men fanbase, I sure as hell hope they are inclusive of non-traditional characters and the representation that wold bring to the big screen.
    If you were saying the first movie Avengers, I would agree. But now we have Black Panther, Falcon, War Machine, Captain Marvel, Wasp (Hope and Janet now), Scarlet Witch, Shuri, Valkyrie, and Spectrum/Photon, and we'll be getting Miss Marvel, Stature, Miss America, Ironheart and possible Patriot. The Guardians also have Gamora, Nebula and Mantis.

But you're right about there being so many diverse mutants to bring to the MCU!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I highly doubt the name of the X-Men will ever change, nor do I think that anyone out there finds it offensive except for one guy (cuz there is always that one guy).

But if we have to entertain this idea, The X-Humans wouldn't be a horrible alternative brand name.
    I doubt many care but I also don't feel changing the name is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Castle I am not saying that the Xmen did a bad job with the metaphor. Because they did not. They had some great stories. I am just saying the metaphor is no longer needed when in this day in age we can have actual stories and not metaphors.
    I agree. The metaphor isn't necessary. Keep the theme of tolerance and acceptance, but don't use it to substitute real issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    X-Men, yes!

I wonder why it is always overlooked that xavier was paralysed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Cuz he creeped on Jean. (jk)
    "Cable was right!"

I'm curious why you think those two bring more diversity than Nick Fury, a black disabled man, brings?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm curious why you think those two bring more diversity than Nick Fury, a black disabled man, brings?
    Other then his missing eye how is he really disabled? I mean nick Fury is a beast. I would love to be that level of Disabled!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Other then his missing eye how is he really disabled? I mean nick Fury is a beast. I would love to be that level of Disabled!
    And Xavier is a world wide level telepath. I mean, if we're ranking things...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Who's ignoring it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    This is why I don't have a problem changing race from the original source material. All the characters were default white male. Even Jeans entire identity is the girl of the group. Make Warren or Hank black. With Warren, you can show how being rich helped protect him from most discrimination, but not all.

With Hank, it plays up the fact that despite having genius intelligence, most people see him as a brutish thug.
    Maybe let's not make the one literally called Beast who runs around on all 4 fours and turns into a furry creature black
    There's some bad implications there

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Maybe let's not make the one literally called Beast who runs around on all 4 fours and turns into a furry creature black
    There's some bad implications there
    I agree!

Although I feel maybe they should use different mutants. Not ones we've seen in a dozen films. The X-Men roster is vast.

I can NOT wait for the MCU take on X-Men! This news is fantastic!

Who knows and who cares what the movie title will be. It would be nice to see a decent title on a comic movie for once instead of naming it the name of the book. You know they’ll be called X-Men in the movie. It will be great!

I’m hoping for something along the lines of the original 5 rather than the hash of the Fox versions.

I guess I have just seen the Xmen metaphor as kind of lazy. Please hear me out. Yes they did some really good stories but I think Marvel got very dependent on over using that metaphor.

"Hey Civil rights in the news what should we do?"

"Lets do a mutant discrimination story so that (Insert oppressed group here) will know we are on there side."

"Gay rights is in the news what should we do?"

"Do a mutant Discrimination story so the gays know we are on they side." Like the scene with Iceman at his parents house in X2. So many of my gay friends were like see they are talking about us! But it was in a half hearted way I feel.

Rather then do a meaningful impactful story on civil rights and gay and trans rights they would just write up another mutant discrimination story and let people decide for themselves if they are included in that. It was like having their cake and eating it to. And in the end it got lazy.