Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

How is Black Panther generic or derivative?

Castle, you keep acting like metaphors are better social commentary than the real thing.

Astonishing Member

What is even the purpose of this thread? The entire thread is based around a rumor that most likely is not reality? WTF is this?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    What is even the purpose of this thread? The entire thread is based around a rumor that most likely is not reality? WTF is this?
    It morphed into something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think this rumor is true to some extent. look at harry potter, that tv show is happening and WB sort of backtracked when the news came out.

I never even bought the 5 years wait with xmen. marvel needs to start milking the cow.

i think maybe this thread just gave a glimpse of what is to come with the mutants of the x-universe and personally I have low expectations but i am an xmen fan so i am in it to the end in one way or the other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I think this rumor is true to some extent. look at harry potter, that tv show is happening and WB sort of backtracked when the news came out.

I never even bought the 5 years wait with xmen. marvel needs to start milking the cow.

i think maybe this thread just gave a glimpse of what is to come with the mutants of the x-universe and personally I have low expectations but i am an xmen fan so i am in it to the end in one way or the other.
    Why do you have low expectations? And why does Marvel need to milk this cow? It's doing fine without the X-Men and will continue to do so.

Astonishing Member

If Supergirl can be called Supergirl, even when she's an adult, then they can still call the X-Men X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If Supergirl can be called Supergirl, even when she's an adult, then they can still call the X-Men X-Men.
    Actually, that never made sense to me. She should become Superwoman, and Batgirl should become Batwoman.

Honestly, I think people are overreacting to this news. If the show/movie focuses on one group, it could be X-Force, so the whole thing wouldn't matter anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Actually, that never made sense to me. She should become Superwoman, and Batgirl should become Batwoman.
    It'll never happen for two reasons:

1. The names are IP farms. It's arguably more important to have a Supergirl than it is to have a Kara Zor-El.

2. Time never really moves in comics. Even when they do, it can always be reset which means that changing anything would be pointless.

Ultimate Member

It'll never happen for two reasons:

1. The names are IP farms. It's arguably more important to have a Supergirl than it is to have a Kara Zor-El.

2. Time never really moves in comics. Even when they do, it can always be reset which means that changing anything would be pointless.
    Maybe time should evolve in comics. Let characters age.

Then you can have a new Supergirl or Batgirl.

Astonishing Member

Maybe time should evolve in comics. Let characters age.

Then you can have a new Supergirl or Batgirl.
    Why don't you ask that question in other forums and see how they react?

Why don't you ask that question in other forums and see how they react?
    I am sure it will be well received. The internet has shown that comic book fans are the most reasonable people in the world
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Even comics outside the superhero genre don't have aging. Look at stuff like Archie and Charlie Brown. People like the characters so they get to stay the same.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Even comics outside the superhero genre don't have aging. Look at stuff like Archie and Charlie Brown. People like the characters so they get to stay the same.
    On the other hand, there's Phantom and Judge Parker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am sure it will be well received. The internet has shown that comic book fans are the most reasonable people in the world
    i hate to say this but from my experiences the internet buzz is the lowest of the low quality form of entertainment, the basic internet is the start. they gaslight some of the worst things you could ever see in cinema or tv

I do agree comic fans are some of the most reasonable people , mostly the ones that are much much older and from what i am seeing so far, most just want it to stay xmen because it is indeed the most reasonable.

the thing with comic book fans and i mean the fans who biggest love is for the comics not movies or cartoons. you have to give logical sound reasons for them to accept any big change. this is why the industry retcons things back to a status-quo

supergirl, batgirl are fine but the reality is girl or woman has not been used to ever address the human race. putting the x in xmen works.

if it aint broken, dont fix. not to mention, it is the wrong start to kick of genuine diversity.

It morphed into something else.
    It turned into the same thing these topics always turn into. Castle come into the thread saying that whatever the Marvel cinematic Universe does is wrong and Fox or DC did it so much better. Then people try to actually talk sense into the guy and point out where he's wrong but he refuses to listen.

Every. Single. Time.