BANNED

Default Best Comic book and Fantasy Movie Adverts and Promotions

What is the best adverts and marketing tools you have ever seen done in comic books movies /fantasy or sci-fi movie.

Obviously we know we have usual things like trailers, teasers, short clips, merchandising, collecting trade cards if you were around in the 90s, happy meals , burger kings, now we have things like social media and trends. all of this is to get our butts in to see a movie and for blockbusters this adverts and promotion tools are 100x more amplified to the point of wacky.

I am more old school so my favourite is just a trailer, however as I got older, I do take into account the director and writer of the movie, However this to me is the smartest promotion anyone has ever done for comic book movie but I don't think most may get the jist or not?

From X-Men 1, This movie actually did a real 6 real minutes congressional hearing in the movie's own internal fictional universe to promote the film to us audiences who are external real world watchers. it's amazingly strange watching this in 2021. I was going to just put this elsewhere but I feel, this was better just as a different topic about movies. I think maybe I am more trigged in a good way because of how messy the world is with especially with things like racism or sexism or fighting against a political or royal establishment.

Others ones I can remember were Cloverfield, Pronominal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, Deadpool and Inception. TDK also counts with Joker's Why so serious though that was a poster but still very very iconic now. 462a3d2799751884eb36729e702b9048.jpg

Guardians of Galaxy using Mix Tapes with a cassette photo to advertise a film, which was actually smart because most comic films only cares about music scores than actual soundtracks and this generation don't even know much about CD players talk less of Cassettes.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-10-2021 at 05:43 AM.

The Jurassic World movies have had some of the best viral marketing I've seen, with whole websites made for the organizations in the film to immerse fans into the Jurassic Park universe (the DPG website alone is worth a look for all the lore it adds to franchise and gaps it fills).

Marvel's usually done a pretty good job selling their stuff.

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Retired

Almost a year before the movie came out, this started appearing everywhere--

And everyone and his brother was already wearing this to be cool--

Do I have to tell you what the movie was? Of course not. It was the greatest promotional campaign ever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Almost a year before the movie came out, this started appearing everywhere--

And everyone and his brother was already wearing this to be cool--

Do I have to tell you what the movie was? Of course not. It was the greatest promotional campaign ever!
    I was just never into wearing cloths of comic book characters. my siblings dressed up for comic-con while I never did,

I think this is my favourite from batman along with why so serious

I see your Seal and raise you a Prince

I have no idea how to post videos like you guys.

Last edited by babyblob; 03-11-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I was just never into wearing cloths of comic book characters. my siblings dressed up for comic-con while I never did,
    The point is wearing a Batman T-shirt--especially the dead simple version popular in 1988--was not wearing comic book character clothes. It was the equivalent of wearing a lumberjack shirt if you were into grunge or just Canadian. A Batman T-shirt was a statement of being a little bit goth, a little bit punk and a whole lot cool. It was the black cocktail dress for the young urban poser.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I see your Seal and raise you a Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjY8HvpNu6o

I have no idea how to post videos like you guys.
    Thanks but I am still rooting for Seal. He has the best batman song, followed by U2 Hold me Thrill , Kiss Me.

The post video button is just before the quote button. click on it. go on youtube, copy the link of youtube and insert it here on the video button.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Thanks but I am still rooting for Seal. He has the best batman song, followed by U2 Hold me Thrill , Kiss Me.

The post video button is just before the quote button. click on it. go on youtube, copy the link of youtube and insert it here on the video button.
    Thank you will try It worked thank you
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The point is wearing a Batman T-shirt--especially the dead simple version popular in 1988--was not wearing comic book character clothes. It was the equivalent of wearing a lumberjack shirt if you were into grunge or just Canadian. A Batman T-shirt was a statement of being a little bit goth, a little bit punk and a whole lot cool. It was the black cocktail dress for the young urban poser.
    That's kind of you to say. What about my mug? Same logo and coffee goes into it since 1989? That's probably even more cool than a Tshirt?

Deadpool unusual trailers where he talked to the audience and advertising it as a Love story(Think it came out on Valentines day)

Blair Witch project is an obvious one

MCU using post credit scenes as a way to hype the next film(most of the time, sometimes they are just gags) and just successfully building universe where all the movies are connected and using that to build Hype. Also some of the promo stuff they have they're actors do. Ruffalo and Hollan 100% intentionaly leak stuff. Everything spoiler Holland gives is pre planned . Ruffalo,while there's a chance he's just technologically challenged. I'm fairly sure he intentionally live streamed the first couple minutes of Thor Ragnarok. The audio didn't really spoil anything big and it was all over the news outlets.

Black Panther hiring Kendrick Lamar to do the soundtrack. The score was great but the Album drummed up attention. It debuted at No 1 and won a Grammy and was nominated for an Oscar with "All The Strars". The score won more awards but its not something that draws more attention to the film beforehand.

Also loved Flintstones McDonald's deals. They had these glass etched cups my mom collected when I was a kid. Same thing with Disney animated films and Cups/Plates.

The Phantom Menace had quite the promotional campaign. Aside from the tv trailers you had taco bell, the toys, etc.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!