Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It turned into the same thing these topics always turn into. Castle come into the thread saying that whatever the Marvel cinematic Universe does is wrong and Fox or DC did it so much better. Then people try to actually talk sense into the guy and point out where he's wrong but he refuses to listen.

Every. Single. Time.
    Actually I don't do any of that stuff. talking about the x-universe in great long depth is quite sensible, right now with the mutants film likely coming up, especially to someone like Mik, who once told me she never knew much about xmen, did not know who rogue was and was always a big fan of Avengers/GOTG and not really an xmen fan. I have explained xmen is not like those series. xmen is something deeper, and it will need more than the current mcu movie to land on 2 feet. that is what I explained here.

When I brought up DC, it was supposed to be a good example of how a reboot name like Batman Begins was perfect compared to something like new mutants that sounds weak and awful if the true reason is for gender equality. I still stand by that.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-06-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Actually I don't do any of that stuff. talking about the x-universe in great long depth is quite sensible, right now with the mutants film likely coming up, especially to someone like Mik, who once told me she never knew much about xmen, did not know who rogue was and was always a big fan of Avengers/GOTG and not really an xmen fan. I have explained xmen is not like those series. xmen is something deeper, and it will need more than the current mcu movie to land on 2 feet. that is what I explained here.

When I brought up DC, it was supposed to be a good example of how a reboot name like Batman Begins was perfect compared to something like new mutants that sounds weak and awful if the true reason is for gender equality. I still stand by that.
    I heard your explanations ans that's not what I feel you said. I don't mean to come across as if I know anything, and I readily admit when I don't know enough about things. But I do know the MCU and the XCU, and I know enough to not just accept your statements at face value. You seem to have a pattern of bashing the MCU with weak arguments

And I don't know if X-Men are deeper than the Avengers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I heard your explanations ans that's not what I feel you said. I don't mean to come across as if I know anything, and I readily admit when I don't know enough about things. But I do know the MCU and the XCU, and I know enough to not just accept your statements at face value. You seem to have a pattern of bashing the MCU with weak arguments
    The XCU is a small portion of the x-universe. it ended when fox was sold to disney and can now only be used as reference of some things about xmen, mcu can learn or not learn from. XCU was a disjointed mess, no doubt, but the biggest strength was that it took an unconventional part to comic book story telling with their best films. only Nolan from DC or Snyderverse has taken this route and Nolan got some inspiration from the first XCU movie. high chances marvel will struggle with that because they style is different and marvel does not have a history of changing things.

And I don't know if X-Men are deeper than the Avengers
    It is, based on your own words indirectly when you said X1 had little action. X-Men does not really need action since they have deep compelling stories. so action is not really necessary. marvel does love their action. an action driven xmen movie is more likely to end up like X3 AGAIN.

Additionally, you also said you knew xmen was a soap opera. soap opera is another term for deeper and complex over dramatic plot lines. some good, others bad. others confusing. xmen was more for good though, it had a lot of baggage. Marvel is not into soap opera comic book movies. Ask the actor from Iron Man 2

maybe I will make it Easier, now that we have all seen the current wandavison, a good explanation of what an avengers story looks like. try and watch Legion. that is a good explanation of what an xmen story looks like.

legion is on Hulu not disney plus. Hulu is where Disney sends their deeper and more compelling series .many times with mature provoking content. that is what xmen and avengers represent.

try and read some x-books too. try Astonishing xmen 2004. it was written by the avengers director and a good place to start for a new reader.

laslty, don't result to saying I was bashing or given weak arguments. when you know I did no such thing. i gave lots and lots of compelling arguments of what makes xmen so different from the rest of marvel, that you even admitted you were sort of wrong or harsh to keep saying appropriation..
    Last edited by Castle; 03-06-2021 at 07:06 PM.

maybe I will make it Easier, now that we have all seen the current wandavison, a good explanation of what an avengers story looks like. try and watch Legion. that is a good explanation of what an xmen story looks like.

Again...

This nonsense is just straight up wrong.

Even folks who were barely taking notice can tell you that the creator behind Legion intentionally walled the show off from the "X..." cinematic universe.

It has nothing to do with what any other "X..." series or film are like, and that was the creator's intention.

That being the case, there is no reasonable version of things where someone can suggest that the show is even remotely representative of "X..." television or film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again...

This nonsense is just straight up wrong.

Even folks who were barely taking notice can tell you that the creator behind Legion intentionally walled the show off from the "X..." cinematic universe.

It has nothing to do with what any other "X..." series or film are like, and that was the creator's intention.

That being the case, there is no reasonable version of things where someone can suggest that the show is even remotely representative of "X..." television or film.
    And when did I say Legion was part of the XCU? it is not and I am thankful it is not.

also, I was not talking about films alone with xmen general kind of stories.reason i gave examples with comics, movies and tv shows.

I trust this is very correct as Beast is not some dumb big giant fighting monster just because there is a high chance marvel may portray him that way

And when did I say Legion was part of the XCU? it is not and I am thankful it is not.

also, I was not talking about films alone with xmen general kind of stories.reason i gave examples with comics, movies and tv shows.

I trust this is very correct as Beast is not some dumb big giant fighting monster just because there is a high chance marvel may portray him that way
    You pretty clearly said this...

Meanwhile, the actual show?

It is not even remotely representative of what live action "X..." properties look like.

Ultimate Member

The XCU is a small portion of the x-universe. it ended when fox was sold to disney and can now only be used as reference of some things about xmen, mcu can learn or not learn from. XCU was a disjointed mess, no doubt, but the biggest strength was that it took an unconventional part to comic book story telling with their best films. only Nolan from DC or Snyderverse has taken this route and Nolan got some inspiration from the first XCU movie. high chances marvel will struggle with that because they style is different and marvel does not have a history of changing things.

It is, based on your own words indirectly when you said X1 had little action. X-Men does not really need action since they have deep compelling stories. so action is not really necessary. marvel does love their action. an action driven xmen movie is more likely to end up like X3 AGAIN.

Additionally, you also said you knew xmen was a soap opera. soap opera is another term for deeper and complex over dramatic plot lines. some good, others bad. others confusing. xmen was more for good though, it had a lot of baggage. Marvel is not into soap opera comic book movies. Ask the actor from Iron Man 2

legion is on Hulu not disney plus. Hulu is where Disney sends their deeper and more compelling series .many times with mature provoking content. that is what xmen and avengers represent.

try and read some x-books too. try Astonishing xmen 2004. it was written by the avengers director and a good place to start for a new reader.

laslty, don't result to saying I was bashing or given weak arguments. when you know I did no such thing. i gave lots and lots of compelling arguments of what makes xmen so different from the rest of marvel, that you even admitted you were sort of wrong or harsh to keep saying appropriation..
    I said X-Men was a soap opera because I was referring to it having more romantic triangles than Avengers, from what i can tell.

I said your arguments were weak because they were. You keep saying MCU has no good storytelling but that's not true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You pretty clearly said this...

I didnt. I said i was glad legion was set in a different universe to the xcu that the show did not try to use partick stewart or james mcavoy as xavier for season 3.

Meanwhile, the actual show?

It is not even remotely representative of what live action "X..." properties look like
    Nope, because legion was meant to be it's own creative thing . it is the best live action xmen we have seen since the 2010s.

Here is the opening scene of legion, this is the kind of story telling us xmen fans now want from MCU and we have not seen that yet.not even close.

this is a mutant that attempts to commit suicide in the first scene, after getting high and drinking. disney may have sent this to Hulu for obvious reasons but we expect the same type of content when they make their own xmen shows or movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-06-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Here is the opening scene of legion, this is the kind of story telling us xmen fans now want from MCU.

this is a mutant that attempts to commit suicide in the first scene, disney may have sent this to Hulu for obvious reason but we expect the same tye of content when they make their own xmen shows or movies.
    No, it really is not.

When the pitch is "The MCU Needs To Take A Page From 'Fox...' Movies..."?

Bringing up something that has nothing to do with those films is not laying out the kind of storytelling that you want.

You are citing an example that the creator made certain had almost nothing to do with those "Fox..." films.

Ultimate Member

I didnt. I said i was glad legion was set in a different universe to the xcu that the show did not try to use partick stewart or fassbender as xavier for season 3.

Nope, because legion was meant to be it's own creative thing . it is the best live action xmen we have seen since the 2010s.

Here is the opening scene of legion, this is the kind of story telling us xmen fans now want from MCU and we have not seen that yet.

this is a mutant that attempts to commit suicide in the first scene, disney may have sent this to Hulu for obvious reason but we expect the same type of content when they make their own xmen shows or movies.
    Let's not assume the MCU won't try to do more weird stuff.

From the other thread-

I thought it would focus more on Mutants as a whole rather than using the X-men as a focus point.

Just a thought.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    From the other thread-

I thought it would focus more on Mutants as a whole rather than using the X-men as a focus point.

Just a thought.
    I think that's likely.

I feel like some people overreacted to the evil "SJW Gender Neutral OMG" stuff, while others simply wanted to keep a familiar name they know and love.

I think they’ll call the team “X-Men” in the movie, even if it’s not the actual title.

I’m still just very happy Feige and Disney are bringing the X-Men / “Mutants” into the MCU.

It’s improved their standing in comics, too. Hickman! That’s a marquee name right there.

There were some real dark years in there for us X fans as Perlmutter tried to downgrade the characters’ value to Marvel and Fox, and tried to replace them with the Inhumans. Then there were the bad movies, and shows, and not just X ones. Look at Perlmutter’s Inhumans.

I’m excited to see the MCU X-Men or “Mutants.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I think they’ll call the team “X-Men” in the movie, even if it’s not the actual title.

I’m still just very happy Feige and Disney are bringing the X-Men / “Mutants” into the MCU.

It’s improved their standing in comics, too. Hickman! That’s a marquee name right there.

There were some real dark years in there for us X fans as Perlmutter tried to downgrade the characters’ value to Marvel and Fox, and tried to replace them with the Inhumans. Then there were the bad movies, and shows, and not just X ones. Look at Perlmutter’s Inhumans.

I’m excited to see the MCU X-Men or “Mutants.”
    It's possible the mutants appearing this may not actually be X-Men proper. That is, if this report's true

Extraordinary Member

Using a “Mutants” TV show to gradually unveil them before the X-Men and others can step in to defend them could genuinely work wonders, playing with the way they could be ostracized, desperate, and pretty to malevolent forces.

That would also allow the X-Men’s appearance to be a triumphant moment, but also allow a Brotherhood to match them in terms of seemingly like a desperate hope for survival.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP