Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Didn't we all go through the 90's and early 00's with Marvel realizing that they could just slap 'X" on every title and it would be a surefire seller? X-Force, Generation X, X-Man, X-Statix, X-treme-X-Men, etc, etc. Why is this such a big deal especially when working titles usually have nothing to do with whatever main title they go with and this is all unconfirmed rumors anyway? They are going to do X-Men at some point but I'll believe when I see Disney/Marvel announce it like they did Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Didn't we all go through the 90's and early 00's with Marvel realizing that they could just slap 'X" on every title and it would be a surefire seller? X-Force, Generation X, X-Man, X-Statix, X-treme-X-Men, etc, etc. Why is this such a big deal especially when working titles usually have nothing to do with whatever main title they go with and this is all unconfirmed rumors anyway? They are going to do X-Men at some point but I'll believe when I see Disney/Marvel announce it like they did Fantastic Four.
    I don't believe for a minute that X-Statix actually sold.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

How I would do MCU Mutants/X-Men

1. Introduce Scott, Jean, Charles, Ororo, Logan and Eric in stuff before X-Men/Mutants.
    2. Make X-Men/Mutants movie to introduce first decent sized team.
    3. Establish solo tv shows for key X-Men on Disney Plus and possible New Mutants show?
    4. Establish X-Men Blue and Gold teams to split up characters evenly for material and have a yearly X-Men film between them with a third year with both teams in a supporting role in a larger Marvel film. Also set up Excalibur and Alpha Flight somewhere.
    5. Do Avengers vs X-Men, Coming of Galactus and Secret Wars (Part 1 and Part 2) as a parallel to Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame and bring the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four (and maybe cosmic stuff) together. Also consider adapting Dark Reign (for Earth movies) and Annhiliation (for cosmic movies) in run up to this.
    6. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that X-Statix actually sold.
    No but it was another attempt to profit off of the X-brand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I mean come on people, does anyone honestly believe the Disney corporation is gonna take one of the most marketable names in the superhero genre and be like “nah”?

For the sake of being gender-neutral? The same company that made billions with Iron MAN and Spider-MAN?
    Have you been on the internet? Of course people are going to believe unconfirmed rumors.

They'd be complaining that Blue Harvest is an awful title for a Star Wars movie and their childhoods were raped back in 1982 if the internet existed then.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Stan Lee went for x-men because he had already taken so much from doom patrol's mutants. I hope MCU fans know that X-men was originally a rip off of DC doom patrol.
    I know about it being a copy. I just dont care. I enjoy Xmen way more then Doom Patrol anyway. So much in comics has been copied does it really matter who copied who?

Two things that donjt matter in comics to me any more.

Who copied who and continuity.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-05-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

X-Force -
    fitting title to Cable's gritter team that wants to take on the harder job with lots of moral grey outcome. they are a task force teams, usually task force teams are not interested in looking good or acting as heroes.

Also Craig Kyle & Chris Yost run on X-Force was awesome. such a missed opportunity that we will never see an r rated movie of this.

X-Man- Sinister's ultimate mutant genetic creation (Nate Grey) , he was supposed to be the best of the x-gene. the name X-Man fitted. Also he was a really cool character and defined so many things about the 90s.

Xtreme X-Men -
    Group of mutants that broke off from a team that operates outside the main x-men to hunt down destiny's dairies at any cost, that was extreme.

Generation X
    - Young mutants in the school , who function as the tomorrows of the mutants future.

I think all the titles fitted the books. X-Men is seen better here, because X-Men is the general umbrella to everything, those titles where the branches of the umbrella. the title mutants is maybe the most major part of those branches.

There is a reason We call it the X-Universe or X-Men Universe and not the Mutant Universe.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-05-2021 at 08:12 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When Evan Peters' Quicksilver showed up in WandaVision, everyone was like "X-Men confirmed" and no one worried about gender neutrality or what not. The term is too ingrained into pop culture so I doubt Disney will change it.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

I'd laugh hard if this a sequel to the new mutants and then was hit out of the park.

Astonishing Member

There is a reason We call it the X-Universe or X-Men Universe and not the Mutant Universe.
    Here's the thing. *WE* are a large group who hold a diverse range of opinions, likes, and dislikes. While some of *US* call it the X-Universe or X-Men Universe, others of *US* can call it something different. Many of *US* even call it the MARVEL UNIVERSE seeing as these titles are part of a larger whole. And while *WE* can discuss our preferences, most of *US* realize that this is only personal viewpoint and not representative of everyone.

https://www.cbr.com/mcu-x-men-reboot...utants-report/

I have so many feelings about this but I am too tired to type. Not a good idea to change names.
    Well, we are about to launch into Super-Woke territory now. Why not go for "All New, All Different: X-People!"

How Delightful.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 03-05-2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: How Delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When Evan Peters' Quicksilver showed up in WandaVision, everyone was like "X-Men confirmed" and no one worried about gender neutrality or what not. The term is too ingrained into pop culture so I doubt Disney will change it.
    I agree but this a place where you could make a change as a way of getting the ball rolling, I mean they could change to X-force on the big screen, still keep the X-theme, and be gender-neutral. I don't think that is going to happen it seems like a waste to rebrand something that most people don't feel that strongly about but here is a place where a company would try if it goes bad no harm no foul bring out an X-men movie after. If it works the general public now knows that as the brand and you work on change it in the comic world.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-05-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Well, we are about to launch into Super-Woke territory now. Why not go for "All New, All Different: X-People!"

How Delightful.
    We're also going to herd cis-gendered people into re-education camps where they will be "cancelled".

Ultimate Member

Wow, I'm surprised at all the overreaction to a rumor. "Oh my God! Wokeness is killing us". But X-Men is still the most progressive Marvel comic, right? I guess the metaphor doesn't work.

Seriously, though, I hope they don't retread old ground with the O5 or whatever. They should bring us to new corners of the X-Men universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think what this does is show people now are way too deep into this concept....cinematic connection or interconnected stuff, I am not even sure if they care about any other form of story telling anymore, some were not even listening watching the last episodes of Wandavsion.

It was settled in the last 1-2 episode before that Evan Peters QS was an imposter and not her real quicksilver, how can some still get worked up over this, Evan was brought in there for hype and to build on the....it's all coinnected angle they have been oushing since forever.

it's funny since I already explained the quicksilver issue or let me say problem, which is the word I used on this thread and how Kevin Fiege is more of an oppositionist not an artistic great producer.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...CU-Films/page2

What better opportunity is there than to bring in the breakout character from the fox reboot films, they just got the rights too, when they already had another actor who has played the role.

What this does is confirm what I knew all along about producing. Few not even some, but few xmen fans wanted Patrick stewart or Fassbender to crossover to legion and Nolan Hawley just said no, he wanted legion to be his own thing, he was not into gimmicks by having actors crossover to one from of universe or the other even for fake out or the possibility of alternate realities, which was the only other logical explanation why evan is still playing the character in another studio but later disputed anyway when Wanda already told her kids, he was not their uncle.

This is the second letdown they have had to deal with in 2 weeks from any X-MEN/MCU related story. the first one was the unlikely no more r rated xmen films, now this about the QS issue. this people see all the signs that most of this stuff won't go through, but they still get all hyped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Here's the thing. *WE* are a large group who hold a diverse range of opinions, likes, and dislikes. While some of *US* call it the X-Universe or X-Men Universe, others of *US* can call it something different. Many of *US* even call it the MARVEL UNIVERSE seeing as these titles are part of a larger whole. And while *WE* can discuss our preferences, most of *US* realize that this is only personal viewpoint and not representative of everyone.
    Sure, however you have to understand that we, us, I , you, they, mos-times are coming from different places. I come from the place of the source material the most, usually the biggest use of We for fans because we are fans of the books and the books does officially lean to the X-Universe.different or new suggestions are welcomed but you also have to take into account, those new ones are more from the MCU fans who just says.....Yes or great to anything Marvel studio announces. We have already been through this with r rated marvel movies. it is xmen fans and blade fans that supported more r rated films.

MCU can announce tomorrow that mutants are some failed tony stark or bruce banner lab experiment and many mcu fans will quickly say, this is great and it will be a fitting plan to finally bring xmen in the mcu, while the xmen fans will have a different viewpoint about that for very obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-05-2021 at 10:49 AM.